[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8
File: motti.jpg (51 KB, 1152x494) Image search: [Google]
motti.jpg
51 KB, 1152x494
>Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you enough clairvoyance to find the rebels' hidden fortress.

>Sure I was in my early twenties during the Clone Wars and considering my rank most likely fought in them and can personally remember when thousands of Jedi were using their devotion to that ancient religion to mega flip and magically conjure up shit all over the galaxy as intergalactic sorcerer cops. Hell, I even remember when the Jedi were an officially recognized political organization whose headquarter was located in a gigantic government building on the capital planet across the street from the Intergalactic Senate where the Jedi were called upon by the Senate frequently to use their mystical sorceress powers to lend aid in conflicts and political issues but that won't stop me from being dismissive of the existence of supernatural powers!
>>
midichlorians in the tapwater
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 235x267) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 235x267
>in this moment I am euphoric
>not because of any phony Jedi's training
>but because I am enlightened by the Dark Side
>>
>>63476568
he was just trolling vader you idiot
>>
>>63476758

>trolling
>no /pol/ memes
>>
>>63476568
People call Christianity and Judaism cavemen religions even though they're very much still active. But I think you're just memeing anyways.
>>
a lot of /tv/faggots are clearly re-watching the old trilogy lately based on all these meems
I'm one of them
>>
>>63476568
Was this guy just super insolent or was Vader in really pathetic standing with those officers, until he murders one of them?
>>
>>63476568
If the pope claims he can heal the sick would you believe him? Yet we all saw previous popes do it.
People are just skeptical of religion
>>
>>63477030
this
>>
>>63477016

>let ordinary soldiers attack the Jedi Order while he goes after children and unarmed old space jews
>gets absolutely demolished in his first proper duel as Lord Vader
>asthmatic cyborg who is the Emperor's lapdog and doesn't really even want to be there

I'm pretty sure they just didn't respect him
>>
I don't care about Star Wars at all. I have no desire to see the new one.

Is this bad?
>>
File: guinnessalecbio.jpg (15 KB, 224x347) Image search: [Google]
guinnessalecbio.jpg
15 KB, 224x347
>>63477250
quite the opposite
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 400x534) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 400x534
>>63477250
>>63477305
It is a good decision.
>>
>>63477030
Popes never healed the wounded. God never healed anybody, so called miracles are just scientific events we don't understand yet.
Religion is for the ignorant and deluded.
>>
>>63477305
>>63477371

Thanks. You truly are..... good friends
>>
>>63477484

Science is the study of natural law, my friend. Where does that law, set in stone as it is, come from?
>>
File: 1433297477288.jpg (54 KB, 397x335) Image search: [Google]
1433297477288.jpg
54 KB, 397x335
>Popes never healed the wounded. God never healed anybody, so called miracles are just scientific events we don't understand yet.
Religion is for the ignorant and deluded.
>>
>>63476979

Your analogy is shit.

This is like if people refused the validity of Christ if 15 years ago (the year 2000) there were 10,000 Christs walking around turning water into wine and performing miracles on full display in major metropolitan centers all over the world before returning to Christ Headquarters in Washington DC across the street from the White House where they would meet with Bush frequently and perform miracles to deal with conflicts in the Middle East.
>>
>>63477484
>Popes never healed the wounded. God never healed anybody
>butthatswrongyoufuckingretard.jpg
>>
>>63477546
People denied Christ when he was still alive so that analogy works quite well
>>
>>63477030
>we all saw
Wake up
>>
>>63477542
>implying weebs and slants aren't the biggest fedoras of them all
>>
>>63477577

You didn't respond to anything I said.
>>
>>63476758
>trolling someone who could telepathically strangle him and/or decapitate him with a plasma sword

k
>>
>>63477689
No I didn't.
>>
The prequels ruined everything, more at 11.
>>
>>63476568
Poeple had no idea Star Wars would have sequels then.

It was just garbage entertainment for the masses.
>>
>>63477794
it still is
>>
>>63477305
>>63477371
Thank you Mr. Guiness
>>
>>63477546
>>63477689
Don't argue with them. Nobody on 4chan is religious. Literally everyone who claims to be is a troll.
>>
>>63477531
Not the christian god for sure.
>>63477542
>>63477548
Not even going to reply to this.
>>63477577
There is no proof he existed aside from religious books, which are known to have been manipulated by the church to have power on the small folk in the past 1700 years.
>>
>>63476568
Clones, droids and jedi fought in the Clone Wars. Not random dudes. At best they were planetary militia and never saw a jedi in battle. And it's no secret the jedi existed but few believe in their magic powers because very very few regular people saw them firsthand.

There's a lot of inconsistencies because of the PT, but this is still passable.
>>
>>63477837
This isn't how bait works newfam
>>
File: atheism.png (557 KB, 800x1188) Image search: [Google]
atheism.png
557 KB, 800x1188
>>63477484
>>
>>63477005
I actually watched Phantom Menace and a New Hope because I needed to complete Plinkett.
>>
>>63477756
>>63477577
>>63477546

This all comes together to a good point: The Imperial Officers, in their callousness and desire for control, are willfully blind to evidence of the power that binds the universe. It is in their character, being rank and file pawns of the Emperor who uses the dark side of The Force for deception and control, to deny both that there is a positive natural Force that they are suppressing, and also a dark element of The Force that is oppressing them.

Aka The Holy Spirit triggers bad guys
>>
>>63477849

What this guy said. Han also didn't believe in the Force despite being alive during the republic.
>>
>>63477837
>There is no proof he existed aside from religious books

My little anon can't be this retarded.
>>
>A New Hope
Officers diss Vader all the time. Tarkin puts Vader in his place.

>Empire Strikes Back
They're all afraid of him and he can kill and promote them at will.

Just what is Vader's position or rank in the empire anyways?
>>
>>63477946
Big guy
>>
>>63477946

In A New Hope Vader was probably viewed as a glorified messenger for the emperor and nobody really felt like they had to take shit from him. After the Death Star blew up Vader likely received more freedom to fuck around with the troops in order to get their shit together.
>>
>>63477837

>surely not the Christian God
Might want to check your definitions homie, methinks you are assuming a lot more about God than what it is said, and you are free of course to forsake scripture or anything else to seek the truth if the words blind you. If you can admit there is a natural law, I suggest you focus solely on that. If you are saying Science defeats notions of God because it observes and records natural law, then I would remind you that a collection of written laws on the nature of the universe is called a Bible.

I don't think you've done your meditation or your reading. Don't forsake the past, it has brought us here, where we are. There is something going on here and it's your mission to figure out what.
>>
>>63477725
Neither of those seem to be known to the common public. For all intents and purposes, Vader was just an Emperor's lapdog, just like Motti was for Tarkin.
>>
>>63477997
UUUU
>>
>>63477946
in the first only tarkin reprimanded darth. All the other officials feared him, except for the guy who got force choked. He is seens as being on par with Tarkin as they always talk to each other as equals.

>In A New Hope Vader was probably viewed as a glorified messenger for the emperor and nobody really felt like they had to take shit from him.

most likely not. He is commanding almost everyone in the first, that officer was an accident and he got assaulted by vader with no repercussions.
>>
>>63477725
That only makes it funnier.
>>
>>63478298

>floating in the air with an invisible hand around his neck
T...triggered
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 444x477) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 444x477
>>63476758
Vader doesn't have time for Admiral Nobody's crap.
>>
>>63478157
Nah
>>
>>63477725
It's not fun if there's no danger to it
>>
>>63477484
>scientific events
Do you mean natural events? A scientific event is like publishing a paper or recording some data. "Scientific" isn't a synonym for "real".
>>
>I find your lack of faith disturbing.
This line is so iconic, but it always bothered me. Even "annoying" would've been better, but overall it's very autistic wording.
>>
>>63476568
He was an awesome character. I think it's amazing how all the Imperial officers look so similar but you can pick them out so well. They had character and were 3-D. But look at Gunray or any of the separatists from the prequels: they all are unique aliens but you can't tell them apart.

>Imperial officer is patrician tier
>>
>>63477005
I don't know. I haven't seen it over since September. We just know the movies way too well.
>>
>>63477016
It's a hard thing to answer. Darth Vader ISN'T the top man, as we seemed to think he was as children. He's high on the ladder but he takes orders and is basically an agent of the Emperor. He isn't the head of the Death Star. Tarkin probably is, so Vader is just to help out.
>>
>>63479085
Only to you I think. Annoying would be worse, but maybe you are right a better word would be better. I just can't imagine what it would be. The line would need to be rewritten.
>>
>>63476568
>tapes
>>
>>63476568
>I'm putting all the emphasis on "ancient" when I should be putting it on "religion" in my analysis

Take a film class, kiddo.
>>
he was meming
>>
Remember that time Liam Neeson figured out how to become a force ghost after he had died and then taught Yoda who taught Obi-wan, who in turn didn't teach it to Anakin so he must have figured it out himself?

He was a good friend
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 500x300
>>63476568
>>63476717
>>63477499
>>63479584
Hehe . . . meme
>>
>only a master of evil, Darth
What did he mean by this?
And was his name really Darth? Why did Lucas change this?
>>
>10,000 jedis
>in a massive galaxy, containing some planets populated with trillions of sentients
>less than one jedi a few star systems
>massive imperial propaganda for 10+ years

yep, i don't think it's surprising people didn't believe the shit OP

/THREAD
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.