[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't see wes anderson posted here often. Does /tv/ like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: Joshua_Budich.jpg (314 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Joshua_Budich.jpg
314 KB, 768x1024
I don't see wes anderson posted here often. Does /tv/ like him or hate him?
>>
>>63474206
He was a meme for a time
>>
I like him, though I think he's mindbogglingly overrated. Stylistically interesting and comedically brilliant at times, but he seems to shy away from intimacy and sincerity at every turn, which I think is to the detriment of most of his work.
>>
i like him also the royal tenenbaums is his best btw
>>
>>63474206
I bet you like the films of Wes Anderson.
>>
>>63474267
I bet you thought this sounded really smart when you wrote it.
>>
>>63474267
Yeah I can see that, most scenes that would be considered serious to anyone else get downplayed or overshadowed by something funny in his films.
>>
I like him because his movies are all worth watching and enjoyable to some extent, but I do get a strong style-over-substance vibe when I see them. They feel like they were made for those fag theater kids in your high school.
>>
>>63474206
I enjoy the films of Wes Anderson
>>
>>63474278
OP here, I agree.

>>63474290
I do, but I was wanting to know what you think of them, anon.
>>
Moonrise Kingdom is one of my favorites
>>
>>63474206
Love the life aquatic, but I am impartial to bill Murray flicks.
>>
>>63474343
I wish I could have been a fag theater kid in high school
>>
>>63474351
i bet you enjoy films of wes anderson
>>
I have only seen Fantastic Mr. Fox, Moonrise Kingdom and Grand Budapest hotel and I had the impression that he made the same movie three times.
Are the others any different?
>>
File: 1349713466983.jpg (476 KB, 1600x1154) Image search: [Google]
1349713466983.jpg
476 KB, 1600x1154
he's usually all over the site when he has a movie coming out. I like most of his films. Also that's a really cool poster, I wish they made official movie posters that good.
>>
Bottle rocket, steve zissou, life aquatic, moonrise and grand Budapest are legitimately good movies

Rushmore, fantastic fox, hotel chevalier, darjeeling, and tenenbaums range from mediocre to bad
>>
>>63474303
Not really, it's just how I feel.
>>
>>63474303
Not him but fuck you. Whether it sounds smart or not its a good point. I like Anderson films but unironic movies like Brooklyn remind you that the stuff Wes does is at it core pretty annoying
>>
Is Wes dirty hipster trash?
>>
File: tumblr_mbzz1kSeIb1qkofmuo1_1280.jpg (201 KB, 640x776) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbzz1kSeIb1qkofmuo1_1280.jpg
201 KB, 640x776
>>63474588
I have a few of these, my favorite is the Tenenbaums one, but I don't have that one on my phone
>>
>>63474673
No. Just his meme fans. Wes is just an autist with a quirky sense of humor
>>
>>63474636
I think Royal Tenenbaums is good, but I couldnt get into Darjeeling Limited and I can see how Jason Shillman can get annoying in Rushmore.
>>
>>63474636
>steve zissou, life aquatic
I mostly agree with your taste though, but I really liked Rushmore the last time I saw it. Tenenbaums hasn't really connected with me the way it did in back in highschool when I watched it a few times a year. I'm sad about that, I like a lot of the elements. I hope when I see it again it will make me laugh and feel again.

That's why I rate The Life Aquatic as his best, it's worked for me every time. Same with Grand Budapest Hotel even though it's still new, I've watched it twice and had good laughs both times. I'd probably switch Rushmore and Moonrise, I didn't like that one as much as others do.
>>
File: Heaven-Hell-COLORS.jpg (597 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Heaven-Hell-COLORS.jpg
597 KB, 600x800
>>63474343

Yet he actually made fun of "those fag theater kids in your high school"
>>
>>63474267
>>63474338
I agree. He inadvertently ruins countless scenes by following them up with "original, unique quirky twists", the most notable being the needle in the hay scene from The Royal Tenenbaums. Other than that, he's pretty solid.
>>
DUDE PASTEL PALETTE DEPRESSION AND YOUNG LOVE LMAO
>>
He's crossed over into self parody with like his third fucking film.
>>
I don't like him.
>>63476009
This. The fucker could never not make a Wes Anderson movie.
>>
>he enjoys the movies of Wes Anderson
>>
The Royal Tenenbaums
Moonrise Kingdom
Rushmore
Fantastic Mr. Fox
The Darjeeling Limited (Underrated)
Bottle Rocket
Grand Budapest Hotel (Overrated)
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
>>
File: 02 2.jpg (155 KB, 668x668) Image search: [Google]
02 2.jpg
155 KB, 668x668
Obligatory reminder that Jean-Pierre Jeunet is basically Wes Anderson minus the ironic detachment, aka Wes Anderson for people who aren't afraid of their emotions.
>>
Too artsy for plebs, not pretentious enough for le classy patricians.
>>
>>63476160
>Grand Budapest Hotel (Overrated)
Dunno, man. His style actually fit pretty well with the film setting and it was actually a good comedy, instead of his typical hit or miss quirkiness.

>The Darjeeling Limited (Underrated)
I thought it was kind of pretentious overall.
>inb4 not knowing what the word means
Everyone's already seen the whole "grand journey around the world because life meaning and depth isn't this inspiring also don't forget that family is important" trope a thousand times already. It just had a Wes coating on top which made it bearable and pretty fun, but imo it's still his worst film.
>>
>>63474206
Reddit: The Director
>>
>>63475565

What was the twist that ruined the needle in the hay scene?
>>
>>63477099
Dudley. He's obviously just a comic relief character and he feels out of place in such a serious scene, especially with the deliberate over-acting and silly one liners. It obviously doesn't completely ruin it, but I have no idea what Wes thought he was doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pyBB7y8fDU
(Spoilers)
>>
>>63475565
That's the exact scene I was thinking of. That scene was so based, but Dudley ruins it.

>>63477099
Dudley just feels out of place in the entire scene. I mean, I can't think of anyone else would've done the scene like that maybe that's why he did it.
>>
>>63477323
>>63477643

Yeah ok, I see what you mean. I'd forgotten it. I actually quite like it, but I understand why others wouldn't.
>>
>>63477737
I'm sure there's lots of people that liked it, that's just our take on the scene anon. I think the scene between Richie and Margot after he gets out of the hospital was done really well.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.