[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your thoughts /tv/ Mine first I really liked the beginning and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: creedposter.jpg (736 KB, 1280x1897) Image search: [Google]
creedposter.jpg
736 KB, 1280x1897
Your thoughts /tv/

Mine first
I really liked the beginning and middle but the ending left me a bit disappointed.
The fact that he looses by decision was probably the best ending for a number of reasons, but it didn't give me the "bang" ending I was expecting.
This is clearly the beginning of a new "Creed Saga". I just hope the next one brings that "bang" ending, and paves a path for a new string of classics as worthy as the predecessor.
Not a bad start. 8.5/10
>>
>>63468558
This was a good movie

Holy shit was it fast though. Maybe it's just because I had come off a spree of documentaries, and indie films, but the pacing was really fast up until the training portion and the cancer
>>
>>63468558
Bang urself
>>
>>63468883
any indie films you'd recommend?
>>
>>63469181
I have the Sundance channel on my TV, so I don't necessarily know the names of all of them.

The Candidate was nice though.
>>
>>63468558
>saw movie on thanksgiving with father and brother
>Dad has the cancer Rocky has
>Rocky gets the cancer in the movie
Super fucking awkward, other than that, good movie.
>>
>>63468558
Great set up to the Crees saga.

Mbj was good. Some scenes (the running with the bikers to Rocky's place and then just shouting at him about something) felt disingenuous but he did pretty good.

Loved how they kept the whole thing more staked in reality and still kept the more fantasy aspects believeable. The decision to keep the actual story behind Creed's death concealed was well executed.
>>
>>63468558
Really liked it, hopefully it starts a saga

Another weak antagonist though. Both Rocky 5 and 6 were sub-par in this regard, but the 25% body fat Brit from Creed has to be the worst of the lot

Need another propaganda based fighter like Drago. Would have to be an Islamic boxer though
>>
Really wish Creed actually started from the streets in this movie. Like this one could be about him street/backyard boxing, then working his way up to professional stuff towards the end. This a great movie though.
>>
>>63471712

>The decision to keep the actual story behind Creed's death concealed was well executed.

Both Adonis's mom and the Delphi Boxing trainer acknowledged he died in the ring. Even Rocky acknowledged that he should have thrown in the towel. They all but mentioned Ivan Drago by name.
>>
>>63472406
I was happy to see a fight movie that wasn't about a literal criminal becoming a professional athlete. Glad they kept it classy, just because he's black doesn't mean he has to be a ghetto fighter. Not even a racism thing, just that tropes overplayed
>>
>>63472890
I just wanted to see a cool street fight on the big screen man, we don't get that shit a lot. The kid doesn't even really have to be a criminal to do the backyard brawling shit, but I completely understand where you're coming from and I'm not mad at the final product.
>>
>>63468558
Very weak.

I was 100% sure from the begining that Rocky has cancer.

The kid had some fights yeah in a half amateur shithole, and he is so good (because he has appolo's genetics?) that he knock out easily a fighter with 17 wins, just because Rocky is training me.

There is not even a great training scene.

Afer that the typical Rocky bullshit: our protagonists almost wins. Maybe he is defeated but he won our hearts. Why? In the first movie Rocky had motivation: to fight - for the first time he had motivation to provide money to his poor gf, because she was devastated that he is working as a beating man.

Here the guy is rich, and he wants to fight just because why not.

In the second movie Rocky had motivation because his pride wasn't able to swallow that bullshit from Apollo. He wanted to beat that motherfucker, he had the eye of the tiger.

Here: hmm....I will fight with the world champion. Because...hmm...why not...they gave me a chance...we should take it...
>>
>>63473061
>and he wants to fight just because why not.
Holy shit did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>63473061
>and he is so good (because he has appolo's genetics?) that he knock out easily a fighter with 17 wins, just because Rocky is training me.
Creed rekt one of the best fighters in his class within the first 20 minutes of the movie. He started off great already.
>>
>>63473212
Yeah, after that he was destroyed too.
>>
>>63468558
>/tv/ about star wars where there is only one black character:

HURR DURR UNWATCHABLE

>/tv/ about Creed where most of the main protagonists are black:

epic, great movie.
>>
>>63473225
By the second best fighter IN THE WORLD. It was a pretty easy way to show where Creed's skill level was. He was an exceptional boxer and could apparently place within the top ten of his weight class, so why is it a surprise when he can manage to beat the shit out of some trainer's undefeated son?
>>
>>63473258
It's like /tv/ isn't actually racist and the outburst about nigras in star wars was because of the arbitrary placement.
>>
>>63471794
....no
4 was entertaining, but ultimately silly.
Last thing we want is to bring politics into this, especially Islam vs. West, I don't go to a boxing movie to think about that shit.

Creed's story can still be expanded. I mean, "Stuntman" never really made his formal appearance other than knocking creed down a few pegs early in the movie, then he disappeared due to out of ring thing with Conlan.
Creed 2 will no doubt have Stuntman as final antag, since he was originally suppose to go against Conlan.
>>
>>63473061
He had the mentality, he was driven, he has the genetics and raw potential.
All he really needed was formal training and experience. He got training from a legend.
Only real thing he lacked was experience (unless you count those 15 fights in Mexico).

Not too realistic, sure, but it's not complete fantasy.
>>
I enjoyed it, hopefully it does well overseas because it's nearly off the top 5 box office in America and Star Wars/Chipmunks will kill everything next week
>>
>>63468558

Came across as more or less the same as every other Rocky movie, was hoping it would do something different.
>>
File: one take.webm (3 MB, 960x406) Image search: [Google]
one take.webm
3 MB, 960x406
the boxing scene in the middle was intense
>>
>>63473061
> hmm....I will fight with the world champion. Because...hmm...why not...they gave me a chance...we should take it...
The reason they set up the fight was because the British people thought that Adonis wouldn't stand a chance; Rocky even agrees. But Adonis wants to fight and prove that anything is possible.

And you're comparing it too much to Rocky. This isn't a Rocky reboot. This isn't Rocky 7. This is Creed 1.
Half of the struggle in Creed is the fact that Adonis wants to make a legacy without the use of his father's. And having to overcome pride and ego.
>>
>>63473307
never realized that! it's all coming together
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.