[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So do we like this? Personally I thought it was a lot better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: jj.jpg (38 KB, 300x330) Image search: [Google]
jj.jpg
38 KB, 300x330
So do we like this?
Personally I thought it was a lot better than Daredevil. DD has great fight scenes but JJ just has a better story overall and very well developed characters. Ritter and Tennant were both amazing actors and the supporting cast was pretty decent too. Looking forward to season 2!
>>
>>63467856
I liked it but it wasn't better than Daredevil.
The show could have been over in 8 episodes.
>>
>>63467856

>tumblr: the original series

Don't shills understand demographics anymore?
>>
>>63468024
this

>Jessica jones
men are evil, stupid, weak, and/or perverted the show

plus she's a coal burner.
fucking dropped
>>
File: 1443547152913.jpg (20 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1443547152913.jpg
20 KB, 258x245
>>63467856
>better story overall and very well developed characters
>>
It's okay, but not really a super hero story. But it's not like it absolutely has to be. The pacing and character development were pretty good.

Also, Jessica is an annoying bitch. Almost everyone else are more interesting characters.

>YOU RAPED ME
>YOU RAPED ME
>YOU RAPED ME
>>
Shouldn't you be shilling this shit at tumblr?
They made that show for them after all.
>>
it was okay but i think it should've been like 10 eps

i thought it was only 10 until i got to ep 8 and was like "oh"
>>
like 99% of every character with dialogue is a woman. I don't know shut about this comic but this is just straight up feminist shit
>>
>>63468300
>like 99%

Uh. No.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Jones_%28TV_series%29#Cast_and_characters
>>
>>63468399
you've obviously never watched the show
>>
>>63468399
He said dialogue faggot
>>
>>63468539
Every single one of those characters had dialogue.

>>63468503
Have you?
>>
File: image.jpg (174 KB, 640x722) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174 KB, 640x722
>>63468594
you are so retarded you make paint peel.
>>
>>63468594
>1 line
>dialog

Back to tumblr snowflake
>>
File: did_i_just_hear_an_opinion.gif (1 MB, 380x248) Image search: [Google]
did_i_just_hear_an_opinion.gif
1 MB, 380x248
>>63468630
>>63468626
Kek. I'm not the retard spouting about 99% of the cast and shit. Deal with it.
>>
I didn't care that most of the characters were female, I cared because they were mostly so fucking boring

We have:
>Jessica 'nothing personnel' Jones
>Luke 'muh wife' Cage
>le supportive best friend
>le evil lawyer
>le completely irrelevant to the story estranged wife
>le equally irrelevant young flame
^ these 2 got stupidly large amounts of unneeded screentime - why? They were of no interest
>Similar story with le supportive best friend's mother - why was that written in?

Only interesting characters were:
>Killgrave - although he unravels in the last few episodes. It would have been better if he hadn't gone completely insane over Jessica and actually had logical motives
>Le helpful cop - but his character goes to complete shit when he becomes le activated secret soldier
>The side plot with the druggie and the nutcase girl and her dead brother was actually quite sad and endearing

Overall despite the shit characters I enjoyed it quite a lot up until Killgrave escapes the water prison room, after which it seems to unravel
>>
>>63467930
This, it was at least 3 to 5 episodes too long, with writers struggling how to make Jessica get over the fact that she couldn't kill Killgrave, then just said fuck it and let Hope do it herself. Lazy and drawn out, but otherwise pretty good.
>>
>>63468686
nearly every scene is female driven. if you don't see this you are fucking retarded
>>
JJ was too long and boring. Not in the same league as DD, far too much angst and not enough story or action.

I hated how in the end she just decided she was immune and killed him anyway, after bitching forever about not killing him. And the druggie supercop thing was an awful twist, but he was too white and blonde to not be a badguy.

Hate to go all /pol/, but it really was 'White Men are Evil: The Show'
>>
>>63467856
>do we like this
kill yourself and stop shilling this 4th rate crap
>>
>>63468769
No one argued against that.
>>
>>63468859
k. thanks for agreeing with me and confirming I'm right
>>
So many people complaining about it being too female geared are retarded. It's fucking meant to be. Let the women have some capeshit, unfortunately for you faggots it turned out quite good. Agent Carter was good too.
>>
>>63469340
nothing should be directly driven at anything just for the sake of doing it. when there is no purpose it's clear the agenda is just SJW bullshit
>>
>>63469389
Yet, if the main characters were male oriented you'd have nothing to complain about.
>>
Watching this now...

Is this supposed to be one of those idea shows where the "good guy" does a bunch of stuff with good intentions but it just makes things worse and worse? Because they had the guy so many times and could have killed him... And every. Single. Time he got away and more people died.

Also, for someone who supposedly is an ex-superhero with super strength, Jessica never really bothered to actually learn how to fight, did she? Cause she really gets her ass kicked an awful lot.

I know I should leave critical thinking behind for these shows but it just gets to be a bit much.
>>
Also, has nobody heard of earplugs in this universe?
>>
>>63468841
>Hate to go all /pol/, but it really was 'White Men are Evil: The Show'

Pretty much t b h. there are only four male characters (that have more than a couple lines of dialogue), the two black guys were good and the two white guys were evil. I don't think it's trying to push an agenda, but could be the writers' subconscious bias.

This wouldn't really matter to me if the show was actually good though. Drawn out and boring, several hours would go by with nothing of note happening.
>>
>>63468169
It's also pretty sad how they turned power man into a mandingo sex toy without a personality. Luke cage was bad ass in the comics, here he is just a black bull. I guess it's empowering for women to use niggers for sex because muh patriarchy used white women for sex for years etc. etc. etc.
Except that women had a personality in movies since the 1930s, while now every ounce of personality is getting erased from male characters, truly the progressive age
>>
While I will bitch about lack of earplugs and other silliness, not liking this show cause "too much women also men too flat" is really dumb. Because everyone is flat. I've seen more depth of character in harem animu.

Seriously, it's got a diverse cast of flat characters. Calling this bad because the white guys are bad and there are women who have conversations not about men with each other is pretty lame. Funny how that feels when the shoe is on the other foot, eh?
>>
>>63467856
Ritter was utter shit. Completely miscast and the weakest link of the show. All the scenes where she chimped out and wrecked shit to show her strength were the worst. Terrible line delivery, terrible physicality. Everyone else, from Tenant to her sister to Luke Cage and Nuke gave good performances. Ritter though, just no.
>>
>>63467856
I hated that Carrie Anne Moss didn't just explain what was happening to her partner.
"It's complicated", it really wasn't.
>>
>>63469955
You know Luke Cage is getting his own Netflix series right? This was just to introduce the character.
>>
>Purple man
>Isn't purple

>Black man
>Is black

??????????
>>
>>63469932
you don't need those when you have BBC
>>
David Tennant made the show. Wouldn't have gone all the way through it if it wasn't for his performance.

Too dragged out, imo. Should have set Nuke up more or something. JJ had so many opportunities where she had the upper hand over Kilgrave but he still ended up escaping due to some shitty writing.
>>
There's never been a good capeshit show or movie. Stop supporting this dogshit you fucking manchild
>>
>>63467856
>we
How about you formulate your own opinion instead of singing to some imagined choir?
>>
File: THE PURPLE MAN.jpg (63 KB, 404x520) Image search: [Google]
THE PURPLE MAN.jpg
63 KB, 404x520
>>63467856
I kinda liked it but too often I found my concentration slipping away in the middle of an episode.

Tennant played a convincing Purple Man tho
>>
>we
fuck off
>>
>>63473039
he wasn't purple
>>
E1-E12
>"Jessica, kill him!"
>"No"
>Bad shit happens because Jessica doesn't kill him
E13
>Jessica kills him
>>
>>63473067
10/10 writing based marvel
>>
>>63473058
He played the character convincingly stop being a cunt
>>
>>63473081
not purple
>>
>From kind, understanding, comprehensive and the voice of reason to psychotic murderhobo in one episode
That escalated quickly
>>
>>63467856
It was good, but flawed. Daredevil was far superior.
>>
File: pepe12.jpg (146 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
pepe12.jpg
146 KB, 803x688
>>63467856
>I thought it was a lot better than Daredevil
>>
>>63467856
Hey çuck
>>
>>63467856
>Jessica Jones is better than Daredevil
>cholera is better than dysentery
>>
Sometimes you just have to submit that certain shows aren't meant for you.

For myself? This was one of those shows. As much as I wanted to see it for Tennant as Kilgrave, everything else was just not for me.
>>
It's better than every capeshit show on network TV.

whiny white faggots hate it for some reason though.
>>
>>63474364
Hello my fellow çuckhold tumblr user.
>>
>>63468300
Simpson, Killgrave, Malcolm and Luke had more screen time than all the others female characters except Jessica and Trish.
>>
>>63473067
Even Hope got tired of that bullshit, and straight up KILLED HERSELF, because "Jessica, you're so dumb, just kill him already bitch"
>>
Reminder that this shitty show wouldn't have happened if The Punisher was there :^)

He would've btfo purple man the second he got the chance
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.