[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the xenomorphs did nothing wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2
File: xenomorph.jpg (106 KB, 615x312) Image search: [Google]
xenomorph.jpg
106 KB, 615x312
the xenomorphs did nothing wrong
>>
well no, they're just following their nature
>>
caesarean is not normal birth!
>>
>>63464427
This, they have no morality. They simply do what they must to survive.

That's what made it such a great antagonist in the first movie.
>>
They are evil. They don't evil kill to eat.
>>
>not evil
>deliberately waiting and looking at victim before violently killing them
>>
>>63464626
>unironically using the word 'evil' to describe something

its time to grow up
>>
>>63464386
Who ever said that they did? They're just trying to survive.
>>
In one of the original drafts of Alien, the Xenomorphs were a peaceful, enlightened race with a violent primal nature.
The reason the xeno in Alien had killed so many is that they had not been taught how to been civilized. The society had collapsed and thus they juveniles could not be taught culture.

I'm glad they went the way they did, but it would be interesting to see Xenomorphs playing instruments and making art.
>>
>>63464626
This is like saying Jaws was evil. He's a fucking shark, he kills. That's it.
>>
>>63464770
Jaws IS evil.
>>
>>63464770
>shark going against it's nature and ramming into a boat just to kill people
>not evil
>>
>>63464833
>>63464878
It was big, it needed to eat.
>>
Can't they make eggs out of people if a queen is absent?

Or is that not canon? I know it's in the first director's cut.
>>
>>63464770
Sharks aren't intelligent like humans or xenomorphs, idiot.
>>
They're giant dick aliens with hand vaginas that lay eggs in you.

They're literally designed to invoke a terror response, but they're still just animals. If you actually saw one in real life though you'd be dead convinced that they're evil.
>>
>>63464941
If it's a Ridley Scott director's cut then I'd say it's canon.
>>
>>63465057
But that version of the movie is worse.
>>
>>63465100
Yeah never mind.
I've just read that apparently Ridley added in the scenes he originally cut out because the studio wanted a director's cut and that he prefers the original.
>>
Wait so theres an egg in the ship on the planet

The face hugger gets the guy and an alien is born

How do more eggs get produced if the alien is away from the rest of the eggs and on its own?
>>
>>63465151
Alien > Director's Cut
Aliens < Special Edition
Alien 3 < Assembly Cut
>>
>>63465189
Are you talking about the first movie? The alien never makes more eggs.
>>
>>63465297
The Aliens special edition is bad because of the pre-xenomorph scene. It ruined the suspense.
The other scenes are good though, but that scene is unnecessary
>>
>>63464386
That's not true. They lost through the direct result of their actions therefore they did something wrong.
>>
Well can the Predators be considered evil? They aren't following instinct.
>>
>>63465441
Is stepping on ants evil? If yes you have your answer?
>>
>>63465363
>It ruined the suspense.
It's called Aliens, that colony on the first movie's planet goes dark. It's not a surprise it's the xenomorph. I liked an 'ordinary' family getting facehugged.

Plus Ripley losing her daughter is more than worth it.
>>
>>63464941
>Can't they make eggs out of people if a queen is absent
That's the most disturbing scene I've ever seen in any movie or show
>>
>>63464626
Isn't that what poachers do?
>>
>>63465515
link pls
>>
>>63464905
He literally followed their family to the other side of the country so he could eat them
>>
>>63464905
>It was big, it needed to eat.

Humans are practically inedible for great white sharks. Too little fat. Certainly not a prize worth trying to crack open a boat. The Jaws was undoubtely doing it for the lulz.
>>
>>63465349
I'm just asking how do more eggs get produced? how is the queen born?
>>
>>63464711
Also the cavern that held the eggs was in a structure under the derelict. The ship and crew had nothing to do with their creation
>>
>>63464941
>I know it's in the first director's cut.
That's one of two reasons I don't like that scene. First, it interrupts the frantic flow of the escape sequence. Second, if there are no eggs to be placed in front of Dallas and Brett then cocooning them would be pointless.

I guess you could brush the second one off by saying that the reason for the cocooning could have been left a mystery and that the egg placement thing was canon started by Aliens, but still, the first point stands. I also like the idea that Dallas' whereabouts remained a total mystery.
>>
Why did xenomorphs kill people? Don't they want more hosts for the face huggers?
>>
>>63465567
Jaws is more evil than the xenonorphs for sure.
>>
>>63465441
They are huge chumps is what they are
>>
>>63464878
>Sea otters are 'evil' when they use rocks to open shells
>>
>>63466989
This. Predator is lame in comparison.
>>
>>63466624
Xeno's gotta eat & kill to protect the hive.
>>
>>63464941
>Can't they make eggs out of people if a queen is absent
If there's no queen, a drone will metamorphose into one.
>>
>>63467134
Fuck you. Yautja > Xenomorphs.
>>
>>63467513
Yautja: le reddit so badass xD lazer warriors
Xenomorphs: mindless anonymous hivemind
>>
>>63464711
That's so much cooler than
>humans have alien gods
>alien gods want to destroy the humans
>genetically manufacture xenomorphs to do it

Seriously, the lore from Prometheus is so convoluted and try hard 2deep4u bullshit. Its the movie equivalent of a TOOL album.
>>
>>63467513
Shit, if Alien was nerfed so hard then just one of them should have taken out all three of those predators in about an hour.
>>
>>63465515
Eh, its too goofy for that movie imo. Reminds me of Troll, when the Troll stabs people with his evil Troll ring and they turn into giant turds that trolls hatch out of.
>>
>>63467722
It's not THAT bad. It definitely doesn't fit with the movie though.
>>
>>63465792
If just going by what we see in the first movie, not including deleted scenes: They're method of reproduction is never revealed. We don't know enough about them to know ow they make more of themselves. It's highly likely that they're an artificial lifeform that can't reproduce on their own but have to be manufactured.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.