[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SNOKE = DARTH PLAGUEIS PRACTICALLY CONFIRMED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22
File: 19189.png (44 KB, 501x577) Image search: [Google]
19189.png
44 KB, 501x577
Video in question:

https://youtu.be/BUn7XQgJFrk?t=94
>>
It's most likely true. I don't know how I feel about this yet.
>>
RIP Star Wars
>>
Disney turned out to be pretty shitty at hiding secrets.

Also I don't know why people care so much about a character only mentioned in Episode III
>>
>>63461467
Some people early on were iffy on whether or not the Sith would play a major part in the new movies due to the fact that they were only ever really brought up in EU and the prequels.
>>
>>63461467
Yea, it doesn't make sense. Plagueis isn't important nor iconic enough to hide from the public.
>>
What if he really is jar jar and this is a false flag
>>
>>63461467
Yeah, it's odd to me too. It wouldn't explain why MSW is still up and everything.

Maybe it's because Collider is actually a respected movies news outlet?
>>
>>63461526
But SNOKE kinda is you know...
>>
>>63461582
Not yet.
>>
>>63461467
Disney care that the design of the character has been revealed - they were deliberately keeping his APPEARANCE a secret
>>
This would also clarify why the cast act so awkward when mentioning Darth Plagueis.

https://youtu.be/8fMx670jOnw?t=2279
https://youtu.be/FUpQOaJZifA?t=144
>>
>>63461655
I fucked up the time stamp on the first one. Go to 38:00
>>
>>63461649
It's not like he looks special or anything
>>
>>63461655
Shit, and the second one.

Go to 2:25
>>
>>63461649
So they don't care about any of the other leaks and misinformation then.
>>
Wasn't Plagueis murdered by his apprentice? They specifically said that he was in Episode III right?

God it would be stupid if they brought him back.
>>
>>63461655
>Daisy Ridley knows nothing about Star Wars
>Doesn't say "Who?" when asked about EU villain
>>
>>63461792
Two reasons he could still be alive

1) Remember that Palpatine has always been full of shit and his goal was to simply persuade Anankin to join the dark side.

2) If you have powers that are "unnatural", I don't see how coming back from the dead, or even faking death, is an impossible task.
>>
>>63461655

fuck this totally confirms it for me. thanks anon
>>
>>63461792
>prequels no longer canon
>prequelfags on suicide watch
>>
>>63461792
Sheev said he was killed by his apprentice

1. It is strongly implied that Sheev was his apprentice
2. Sheev is manipulative and evil
3. Sheev also said Plagueis could cheat death for other people
4. Sheev also said "To cheat death is a power that only one has achieved"
>>
>>63461869
>director of the movies says he's not in the movie
>an actress is confused as fuck about it
>confirms

kek
>>
>>63461808
this is what confirms it

she doesn't even look confused, she just gives a "shit, you got me" look and stays silent
>>
Who the fuck are Snoke and Darth Plagueis?
Please explain to me. I have only watched the OT.
>>
>>63461902
except she doesn't look confused - she smiles and gives a coy look
>>
>>63461066
No one cares John. Fuck off back to YouTube.
>>
>>63461723
Exactly. Kills more of my hype. Literally is a green Plaguis. A man-cobra would've been better.
>>
>>63461902
more like:

> director and screenwriter both act like mumbling buffoons and pretend to not hear the question right
> actress who easily could've said 'Who?" and moved on with her life.
>>
>>63461927
Darth Plagueis was the Palpatine's (the Emperor's) master

In Episode 3, Palpatine mentions that Plagueis was killed by his apprentice

Snoke is rumoured to be the ultimate "big bad" of this film (and maybe the trilogy), and Kylo Ren seems to work for him. he is played by Andy Serkis and is a mo-cap CGI character, so no-one knew what he looked like, but a recent 'leak' portrays him as looking very similar to Plagueis' appearance in the Extended Universe novels
>>
>>63462036
Why would they hide such insignificant information though?
>>
>>63461927
One and the same. Plagueis was Sheev's master. He supposedly learned the ability to use the Force to control life; to keep people from dying, and to possibly be able to resurrect them.
>>
>>63461066
What time in video?
>>
>>63462065
because hiding insignificant details is JJ's marketing schtick
>>
>>63461927
Ever since Snoke was announced, a lot of fan theories suggested that he was Darth Plagueis, who is only explained in this scene in Episode 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05dT34hGRdg

I'm not sure why people connected the dots, but it's stuck ever since and now it's pretty much a big deal.

When the cast are asked about Darth Plagueis, they all get super awkward

see >>63461655
>>
>>63461902
have you ever interacted with any other human being before?

kek
>>
>>63462093
literally the first segment
>>
>>63462093
the main front retard
>>
>>63462081
Luke is the real big bad.
Like father, like son.
He's there to fulfill the prophecy.
>>
File: 3770452-4977199912-640px.jpg (27 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
3770452-4977199912-640px.jpg
27 KB, 640x427
So Darth Plagues was in the prequels (pic related)? Why wasn't he ever mentioned in OT. Was he not a good friend?
>>
>take a small plot detail from the 'original' movies that seemed insignificant to normal viewers but got fixated on by fanboys and then base your entire fucking 'reboot' of the franchise around it

It definitely sounds like a JJ Abrams movie
>>
>>63462116
Doesn't seem worth it, no one will care but the biggest of neckbeards.
>>
>>63462182
Plagueis is mentioned briefly in the prequels during perhaps the only good scene in the prequels. Palpatine describes him as an old sith legend, but his facial manners heavily implies he's recalling a memory and thus implies Plagueis is his old master. In the Legends canon, that is in fact so.

Pic related is of the same species, but his name is like Sam Hill or some fucking shit.
>>
>>63462222
Thats star wars though

The series where boba fett does absolutely nothing except die like a bitch and yet hes getting a movie
>>
Nope Sheev killed Plageius in his sleep he said in RotS
>>
>>63462310
And even those neckbeards knew Cumberbatch was Khan before the movie finished production.
>>
>>63462406
>Sith always tell the truth
>Faking death would never happen in a fantasy movie
>Having the ability to keep people from dying means nothing
>>
>>63462182
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/San_Hill
>>
>>63461655
Ridley fucked that up. She's clearly looking at them like "can we say any little thing about it?"

Who cares though? It would have been leaked before the movie anyway.
>>
File: 78678678.jpg (118 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
78678678.jpg
118 KB, 360x480
People who follow Star Wars know that Plagueis was a Muun. Muuns have a distinctive look. Revealing that Snoke, the big leader of the First Order is a Muun would have given away the twist immediately to fans of the series, that's why they made a big deal about keeping his appearance a "secret".
It's out now so the twist is ruined, but I honestly don't think it's that bad.
>>
>>63462491
Kahn is probably the 2nd biggest Star Trek villain next to the Borg. And he has his own movie, which is considered the best of the Star Trek movies too. That reference actually makes sense since pretty much every Star Trek fan would get it. Plagues is way more obscure, even among Star Wars fans, that reference would do almost nothing for the audience.
>>
>>63462597
>would have given away the twist
It's not a twist if there is no actual surprise.
>>
>>63462634
Yeah...that's what he just said.
>>
>>63462582
Kek'd that she fucks up in the Comic Con video too.

OHHH...IS THAT...

At that moment Driver and Isaac want to jump and choke her.
>>
>>63462341
Which will be executively produced by JJ Abrams

By no means am I arguing that George Lucas wasn't guilty of the same shit, he was obviously extremely guilty of it, but I do think it's pretty telling that Star Wars was what got JJ Abrams interested in movies and sci-fi as a child and now as an adult he suddenly has similar levels of "MUST INCORPORATE ALL EXISTING BACKSTORY" autism as its original creator
>>
>>63462655
I mean no one would care enough if Plagueis is in the movie or not, it doesn't change anything story wise.
>>
File: 1390498441354.gif (2 MB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
1390498441354.gif
2 MB, 260x260
>inb4 Snoke is Luke's grandaddy

How would you fucking react, /tv/?

pic related
>>
>>63462842
I mean, didn't Palpatine or Plagueis cause Anakin to be born? Or was that in some shitty fanfic?
>>
>>63462949
If they're going full Plagueis in this shit it was him.
>>
>>63462949
It would make a lot of sense though. And it would explain why Anakin has no daddy.
>>
>>63462491
Fuck you for reminding me

>PoC in the original star trek turned into some pale cracker ayy lmao

smdh JJ

Boyega better have a lot of screentime
>>
>>63462949
Thankfully, that's only EU bullshit.
>>
>>63462949
Kinda. They were fucking around with midi-chlorians and the force spawned Anakin in defense.
>>
>>63463031
Sheev tells Anakin that Plagueis can manipulate the force into creating life.
>>
>>63462339
I always thought that Sheev's facial manners were suggesting that Sheev is actually Plagueis.
>>
>>63463155
Sheev also tells him it's just a legend, and it was EU writers who came up with all that bullshit.
>>
>>63463238
Nah, he's mentioned in Tarkin which is canon. Canon sith are Bane, Maul, Dooku, Plageuis, Vader and Palpatine.
>>
>>63463250
>The character was created by George Lucas as early as the first draft of Revenge of the Sith—dated April 2003—and possibly earlier than that.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Plagueis
>>
>>63463250
he tells him it's legend, but look at the expressions he makes and his tone of voice....he's clearly recalling memory
>>
>>63463250
>>63463031
>EU

Huh?
>>
>>63463316
You have a fucking point? Everything that isn't in the movie, which is almost everything but his name, comes from the EU. Lucas came up with the character as ambiguous, it was EU tards that decided to roll with it, with all their typical subtlety, and came up with everything else about him.

The idea that Anakin was created by Plagueis or because Plagueis's experiment comes solely from EU.

Thus, it's EU bullshit.
>>
>>63463406
European Union
Expanded Universe
>>
>>63463423
No, Lucas actually thought that shit out. He even came up with Darth Bane and made sure he was made canon before he sold the franchise.
>>
Cool. I guess it would explain why Snoke is so salty towards the Sith mentality.
>>
>>63463423
What a sperg. At this point it's impossible to tell how much of the character was developed by Lucas and how much by EU authors anyway, so it's pointless.

So we'll just have to wait for the movies to come out.
>>
is this going to be khan all over again?
>>
>>63463423
>Everything that isn't in the movie, which is almost everything but his name

the movie includes:
- reference to him creating life by using the Force
- reference to him discovering a way to cheat death for people other than himself
>>
>>63463479
Yea, no, Plagueis is almost entirely EU.

He came up with Bane during the writing of the Phantom Menace. But he never made it "canon," as only the movies were canon under Lucas and Bane was not mentioned in the them.

>>63463520
>sperg
Muh EU.

> At this point it's impossible,
It's simple as shit. What was in the movies was Lucas, everything else comes from the EU.
>>
>>63463511
Also explain why he's raising an army of force users instead of just one. Rule of two fucked him in the end.
>>
>>63463538
Yes jj is a lying jew
>>
>>63461655
>I like to go dark
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>63461655
That Fandango girl is qt as fuck.
>>
>>63463570
Darth Bane appears as an illusion to Yoda in The Clone Wars, which is canon. Thus, Bane is canon.
>>
>>63463570
>Plagueis is almost entirely EU.

Sure, but Lucas came up with him.
>>
Who likes to Snoke a little Sheev every now and then?
>>
>>63463620
Lucas also made sure they included him because he wanted the origin of the rule of two canon. They almost had Revan in that arc but Lucas got cold feet at the last minute.
>>
>>63463592

You can see why. Saying no comment would basically confirm it.

They should just have people moderate those panel questions.
>>
>>63461655
Expert Fandango girl reporter's reaction to getting the scoop makes my dick diamond.
>>
>>63463570
Haven't read a single EU novel, only one sperging out here is you brah.
>>
>>63463620
>Darth Bane appears as an illusion to Yoda in The Clone Wars, which is canon. Thus, Bane is canon.

I know that, but that was canonized by Disney after Lucas sold the franchise. Bane was only EU before that.

>>63463621
>Sure, but Lucas came up with him.
What Lucas came up with is in the movie, anything else is EU fan fiction. Lucas came up with Willrow Hood, but like Plagueis , he is almost entirely an EU invention.
>>
why is there so much concern/discussion over who is snoke, hes just another generic baddie to replace sheev, and if he dies there will be another generic evil baddie to take his place, why is he so significant?
>>
>>63463423
watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05dT34hGRdg
>>
>>63463655
Bane being canon means Revan is also canon, because it's from a Revan holocron that Bane gets the idea for the Rule of Two. So Vader, Maul, Sidious, Tyrannus, Bane, Revan, and Plagueis are the canon Sith Lords.
>>
>>63462122
>Snoke
The fuck is a snoke.
>>
>>63463718
Plagueis was in the movie. Why are you so fucking upset about this, btw?
>>
>>63463752
Yes, it's an ambiguous scene that EU extrapolated from since EU writers are shit.

You go watch it, but with the commentary on.
>>
>>63463761
the big bad of The Force Awakens
>>
Now, if we can just PROVE that Snoke is Jar Jar...
>>
>>63463779
maybe he wanted the 27 ft snake they promised
>>
>>63463779
I'm upset because EU fans are retarded and can't tell movies apart from EU.

The point is that the idea that Plagueis is more then a legend, and that he created Anakin, is an EU invention, that expends on the movie but does not originate with Lucas.
>>
>>63463799
there are two completely unambigous things in that scene - Plagueis can create life, and Plagueis can cheat death

what is in the commentary? for some reason I don't own copies of the prequels
>>
>>63463811
Reddit pls
>>
>>63463807
That's not the sith with the stupid lightsaber hilt?
>>
>>63463839
>that he created Anakin

no-one is talking about that though, only you

everyone else is just saying that Plagueis is part of the prequels

>The point is that the idea that Plagueis is more then a legend

so are you saying that Plagueis is NOT in the new movie?
>>
>>63463839
Plagueis is more than a legend. You're a raging retard if you think otherwise.
>>
>>63462597
WHY IS THE DESIGN FOR PLAGUESI SO FUCKING LAME
>>
>>63463886
no, he is the Snoke's lackey

Snoke is this movie's equivalent to Emperor Palpatine
>>
>>63463852
If you were to listen to the commentary then you would know that this scene exists to create ambiguity. It doesn't matter if it's real, or if Sheev is making shit up, the point is that it works and fools Anakin to join him eventually.

>Plagueis can create life, and Plagueis can cheat death
But the notion that Plagueis actually exists and that Sheev isn't bullshitng comes from the EU, not Lucas.

And even in the EU, he did not create Anakin, the Force created Anakin in response to Plagueis' experiments.
The "Plagueis created Anakin," idea is pure bullshit.
>>
>>63463839
Everyone knows it's speculation, the thing is that now there is evidence supporting some theories.

Still everyone knows that nothing is proven until the movie comes out. No need to sperg spergboy, it's fun to speculate..
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n0g5xtrEEA1qfaqf7.gif (986 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n0g5xtrEEA1qfaqf7.gif
986 KB, 250x250
>People think they're pulling a Plagueis

Dude, you fucking idiots. No. It won't happen. Not because it's just mad stupid, but because it's a shit twist casual fans won't know, get, or care about.

"Oh, hey, remember that one guy briefly mentioned in the hated prequels that is barely even elaborated on?"

They're not going to pull that card because nobody would know or care.

Only a true idiot would tihnk some irrelevant an obscure would be used/relevant in the biggest movie of the year.
>>
Plagueis wanting immortality isn't some crazy delusion, Qui Gon cracked the code. Powerful Sith Lords like Bane could become ghosts, but their spirits were bound to their possessions. Real Force Ghosts can go anywhere and influence the Force as a whole.

Plagueis died but then was reborn thanks to his experiments. In the book Aftermath, Sheev senses some Dark Side energy brewing beyond the known galaxy and sent scouts and scientists to investigate. That was Plagueis waiting in the wings. He corrupted those investigating troops and now they've come back from literally out of nowhere as the First Order. That's why the Rebellion is so surprised by the First Order's appearance, they though they had stopped the Empire but these few troops like Hux and Phasma were enhanced by Force Ghost Plagueis and are unlike anything they've fought before.

The whole reason Plagueis was out there in the first place was to investigate the origins of the Force, like the midichlorian planet Yoda visits in the Clone Wars or the Force beings Anakin and Ashoka encounter on Mortis. Ren is either a planet or a person but either way it's linked to Force wielders that the Knights of Ren, sensitives Plagueis has plucked from throughout the galaxy - many probably Luke's former students, are styled after, meaning that none of them wield lightsabers. Kylo's weapon is in fact a copy of the first protype lightsaber ever made which explains its rough design.

Plagueis needs Kylo to accomplish his goal because, as hinted somewhat in that Clone Wars episode, the Skywalkers being born of the Force makes them into sort of halfblooded Force Celestials and are able to bend it to their will. Plagueis corrupts the Force from within while his 'son' Kylo controls it externally. Luke went into hiding because Plagueis is pervading through the Force and it takes all his will to hold him back. That's why he sends Kylo after Luke's lightsaber, so that it can be used to track Luke and kill him.
>>
>>63463891
>no-one is talking about that though, only you
>>63462949
>I mean, didn't Palpatine or Plagueis cause Anakin to be born?

I'm just responding to the initial question posed there, and getting swarmed by buttmad EU niggers that their fan fiction isn't part of Star Wars anymore.
>>
>>63463852
>completely unambigous

How? Sheev asks Anakin if he's heard a story, and then proceeds to tell something that sounds a lot like a legend. None of it needs to be true, and the movie never says whether it is or isn't. Everything people think they know about Plagueis (being Sheev's master, cheating death, being a munn) is from the EU. Everything. His only canon appearance doesn't even actually say he existed.
>>
>>63463944
>"Oh, hey, remember that one guy briefly mentioned in the hated prequels that is barely even elaborated on?"
This is quite literally the opening line to an impending BuzzFeed post titled "The HUGE 'Force Awakens' Link to the Prequels You Never Saw Coming"
>>
>>63463930
>the Force created Anakin in response to Plagueis' experiments.
This is gay as hell and grown men actually enjoy movies with storylines this childish.
>>
>>63463930
>the scene is deliberately ambiguous
>therefore Plagueis doesn't exist

right
>>
>>63463967
Yeah, but Lucas said it's true and that's good enough.
>>
>>63464010
It's quite a silly notion esp. when Jar Jar Abrans has distanced, removed from, and ignored as much of the prequels as possible.
>>
>>63464016
Illiterate nigger, I said that it doesn't matter for the story of the movie.

The idea that he does exist, comes from the EU.

It's pretty fucking simple.
>>
>>63463967
Stop victimizing yourself, no one is swarming you. It's just a fucking discussion and you're getting mad because you don't agree with others' opinions.
>>
>>63463961
>This mind blowing fanfiction assumptions based on actual occurances they can't logically be interpreted in this batshit way.

Plagueis fags are worse than Sheev meme'ers.
>>
>>63463944
Casuals had no idea who Thanos was when the first avengers came out,. He got his own post credits scene for crying out loud. And now everyone knows who the Final Boss will be in the Avengers Universe.
>>
>>63464060
No, it comes from Sheev admitting that he murdered his master.
>>
>>63463961
nerd
>>
>>63464037
Nice source.
>>
>>63463967
>None of it needs to be true, and the movie never says whether it is or isn't.

No other explanation for Anakins birth is given in all 3 Prequel movies is given except for the story Sheev tells Anakin about Plageus "Creating life from Midichlorians". Then Sheev, WITH A SMILE ON HIS FACE, talks about the apprentice killing Plagues in his sleep.

Lucas was telling the backstory of Sheev and Anakin'ss birth right there. Sheev had nothing to gain by lying.
>>
>>63464049
He's selling the movie that way because it's convenient, doesn't mean he's completely burning the bridges.
>>
>>63464091
Nothing in the movie establishes Plagueis was real, or that he was Sheev's master.
>>
>>63463944
Your waifu is ugly and you are dumb.
>>
>>63464060
what is your point? does Plagueis exist in the canon of movies or not?
>>
>>63464086
Thanos was never a twist and his presence doesn't require casuals to have any idea.

Directly referencing an older movie's very brief scene is not the same thing.
>>
>>63463961
don't quit your day job.
>>
>>63464111
And yet the film does not state that while the EU stated that it was the Force's will to create Anakin and not Plagueis.

You're just drawing your own conclusion due to your own headcanon.
>>
File: i-koimisis-theotokouM.jpg (107 KB, 590x550) Image search: [Google]
i-koimisis-theotokouM.jpg
107 KB, 590x550
>>63461066
>yoda, the last jedi, dies
>Luke, a force noob, is basically last one in universe to have force, but has no training so he is useless
>jedi have been known to project themselves as ghosts in real world, i.e. they have some level of consciousness after death
>Plagueis, through this pseudo-consciousness, starts scheming
>Plagueis, after a long death "slumber", resurrects himself from the dead, becoming the first true sith/jedi in decades
>THE FORCE AWAKENS
>>
>>63464136
Nothing in the movie establishes Plagueis was not real, or that he was not Sheev's master.
>>
>>63464136
Except for when Palpatine slyly recalls the story of him killing his master. You know that scene in the opera. It's implied he is the apprentice. It's further implied when he tells Anakin he can teach him how to keep people from dying. A skill he learned from Plagueis. Get fucked.
>>
File: 1423614037492.jpg (19 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
1423614037492.jpg
19 KB, 550x535
why do you autists care so much about this
>>
>>63464149
My point was >>63463031

The idea that Plagueis created Anakin comes form the EU.

Under Lucas only the films were canon, so Plagueis was unexplained and just an open ended mystery.

Under Disney I'm pretty sure Plagueis is canon due to Tarkin novel, but Disney canon has said nothing about Anakin's birth yet. If Snoke is Plagueis then they might go that route in the movies though.
>>
>>63464193
>A skill he learned from Plagueis.
Evidently not seeing as how he died.

He was clearly using legend to play on Anakin's doubts.
>>
>>63464091
He never says that.

>>63464111
>. Sheev had nothing to gain by lying.

He knew Anakin hates the thought of his loved ones dying, and he started talking about cheating death and saving people from dying. He wanted Anakin as an apprentice, and that was the easiest way to manipulate him and get him interested in the dark side. Hell, it worked. That's all the reason he needs, as far as the story is concerned.

And why does Anakin's birth need a backstory anyway? There's nothing wrong with mystery. Lucas didn't give one, so he obviously didn't think it was important. He's space Jesus and he had a virgin birth, that's all that you should need to know.
>>
>>63462182
Looks fucking goofy
>>
>>63464186
I'm glad we agree that Plagueis was left ambiguous in the movie with no definite answer.
>>
sheev
snoke
sith
>>
>>63464227
The idea literally comes from episode III you retarded fuck nut.
>>
>>63464154
It would have the same impact though. It creates more buzz about the Star Wars movies and other works in the canon. Giving Disney more $$$

Revealing Thanos made tons of casuals look him up and his origins.
>>
>>63464193
>It's implied
It's just as possible he was lying. That's literally the point of the the scene, to be fucking ambiguous. There movie gives no answer, listen to the commentaries.
>>
>>63464223
frogposting is worse tbqh
>>
>>63464269
Nah, it comes from some EU writer's interpretation of the movie. And even then, EU stated the Force created Anakin, not Plagueis.

Stay mad, learn to read.
>>
>>63464227
it feels like you're backtracking - so many of your posts are talking about whether Plagueis is actually real or just a legend, whether Sheev was or wasn't his apprentice etc and thus barely relevant to the plot...and then you say that your only point is that Plagueis explicitly creating Anakin is something that is only in the EU
>>
>>63464256
yes, hence why it is perfectly reasonable to assume that Plagueis is completely canon, determined a means to cheat death, determined a means to create life and was possible Sheev's master

I'm glad we're on the same page about that
>>
>>63461066
fuck jj abrams, the most unoriginal hack in hollywood
>>
>>63464327
>it feels like you're backtracking
I don't, this is literally my first post in the thread:
>>63463031 and it states exactly that, the idea that Plagueis created Anakin comes from the EU.
>>
>>63464314
>EU stated the Force created Anakin

it's said in the movie that Plagueis can manipulate the Force to create life
>>
>>63464357
>perfectly reasonable to assume
Sure, feel free to assume whatever you want, as long as you don't try to pass it off as fact.
>>
>>63464383
so why did you argue about whether Plagueis is canon (i.e. 'real' in the context of the films)?
>>
>YOU GUYS
>ITS REAL
>THAT TRACED PICTURE OF PLAGUEIS IS DEFINITELY SNOKE
>BUT GUYS LOOK AT THIS
>DISNEY WANTED TO KEEP IT A SECRET
>SO WE'RE TELLING YOU - PREEMPTIVELY - THAT WE'RE GONNA TAKE DOWN PARTS OF OUR VIDEO
>GO WATCH IT NOW
>THIS IS DEFINITELY KEEPING WITH DISNEY'S COMPLETELY LEGITIMATE WISH TO KEEP THIS SECRET

Is this the work of the American education system?
>>
Darth Plagueis is the main big villain

Kylo Ren is his son. He talks about finishing what Vader started because Vader was his half brother. Plagueis is Anakin Skywalker's father.
>>
>>63464415
sure, as long as you don't try to pass off as fact that Plagueis does not exist in the movies, cannot cheat death and cannot create life (especially since, you know, these things are said in the movie)
>>
>>63461066
When are we going to get a darth hitler?

I'm sick of them beating around the bush here. We all know the Sith represent the Nazis, and the "good guys" are the liberals. Dispense with the subtleties already and give us darth hitler tbqh fmfam
>>
>>63464244
"he could keep others from dying, but not himself."
>>
>>63464471
damn....
>>
>>63464434
Dude, you know more than one person can think that an intentionally ambiguous character isn't supposed to be real, right?
>>
>>63464434
Just watch/listen the commentary. If Plagueis existed or not, is irrelevant to the plot, and purposely unanswered.

All the ideas, history and lore people ascribe to him, comes form EU. EU is based of an author's integration of the movie, thus, you can't retroactively apply EU ideas to the movie, as they were not part of initial story.
>>
>>63464244
>"To cheat death is a power only one has achieved"
>>
>>63464470
No its from years of experience with JJs bullshit you child of videogames
>>
File: 381.gif (32 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
381.gif
32 KB, 300x300
>>63464471
>
>>
>>63464478
I didn't, I simply explained that the movie does not answer the question if Plagueis is real or not.
>>
>>63464510
so...are you saying that Plagueis isn't real (in the film canon)?
>>
>>63464471
>Kylo Ren is Luke's uncle

yeah, no.
>>
>>63464569
That's actual not my post but I know you are responding to me, and my post is >>63464534
>>
>>63464534
>All the ideas, history and lore people ascribe to him, comes form EU

completely wrong, there is lore about him in Episode 3
>>
>>63464570
don't forget it's lukes younger uncle by 25+ years

it would keep up with the theme of the skywalker family being fucked up
>>
>>63464561
so you then accept that Plagueis being real is indeed a possibility?
>>
>>63464180
>>
>>63464161
>the EU stated

The movies are canon, EU is not. Its not me, its a general rule.

>>63464247
>He knew Anakin hates the thought of his loved ones dying

That was bait for Anakin, but Sheev talking about killing Plageus and creating life has no merit as bait or merit as a lie.

Sheev is obviously one of the most powerful Siths ever, there is no reason for him to lie about that.
>And why does Anakin's birth need a backstory anyway? There's nothing wrong with mystery.

The entire reason for the Prequels existence goes against this. The Clone Wars was a mystery in ANH that Lucas completely explained to you in the Prequels, yet you are clinging to mysteries????? THERE IS NO OTHER REASON SHEEV WOULD BRING UP CREATING LIFE FROM MIDICHLORIANS, there is no payoff, it does not benefit the bait he is giving Anakin.

Tell my WHY Sheev would bring up creating life from Midichlorians other than explaining Anakin's birth? There is none, Lucas would not pointlessly insert something like that into such an important scene.
>>
>>63464595
You only care about that lore because EU authors chose to treat him as real and expended on it. As far as the movie is concerned, it doesn't matter and it isn't stated.

>>63464619
Yes, but I don't believe I ever denied that. And both EU and Disney's canon treat him as real.
>>
>>63464397
it all said that he thought everything he knew to his apprentice. so Palpatine can create life also, and that is anakin
>>
>>63461691
>>63461734

naw b, they worked when i clicked em just fine.
>>
>>63464662
>The movies are canon, EU is not. Its not me, its a general rule.

I'm glad we agree, but no movie has stated Plagueis created Anakin. Anyone claiming that he did, is doing so due to their own headcanon, a notion that isn't supported by anything, canon or EU, at the moment.
>>
>>63464471
No. Kylo is Han/Leia's son, and Rey's twin brother. The "finish what you started" refers to them resurrecting Anakin Skywalker to fulfill the prophecy.

The Force is an entity, and when it realized it was being abused, it literally manifested Anakin. He was birthed to destroy the Dark Side and restore balance.
>>
>>63464669
>You only care about that lore because EU authors chose to treat him as real and expended on it.

nope, I care about it because it provides context as to how Plagueis could appear in TFA

>Yes, but I don't believe I ever denied that. And both EU and Disney's canon treat him as real.

fucking finally
>>
>>63464713
Is Kylo the good guy then?
>>
>51 minutes talking about capeshit

sage
>>
Every theory so far is stupid and convoluted trash which would slow the film down significantly to explain all the shit about it.

NOT
HAPPENING
>>
>>63464716
>nope, I care about it because it provides context as to how Plagueis could appear in TFA
That's fine, but that's a different issue, unrelated to the initial conflict.

>fucking finally
Congrats on arguing against yourself? I never denied any of that.
>>
why was the force asleep anyway? There was a gigantic battle and multiple death stars just 20 years ago. Thats nowhere near long enough for people to just forget about it or it to become legend and myth
>>
>>63464777
time to give up m8
>>
>>63464706
>but no movie has stated Plagueis created Anakin.

Then why did Sheev talk about creating life from Midichlorians? There is NO OTHER REASON why Lucas would put this into the film besides explaining Anakin
>>
>>63464746
No. Not yet, at least. We'll have to wait for the next films to see if he turns to the light side, or if hes killed off.
>>
>>63464716
>fucking finally

Do you realize that no one in this thread said Plagueis wasn't real? All people have said was that the movies never say he is, which is accurate. It's just a counterpoint to people like you who argue things about Plagueis with any certainty (he created Anakin, he was Sheev's master, etc), because you can't know any of that.
>>
>>63464777
Nice trips, shame you're a moron.
>>
>>63464706
>Plagueis created Anakin.

Sheev created Anakin.

"He taught his apprentice everything he knew"

Get with the program, chump
>>
>>63464817
tfw it actually had a role in the sequel trilogy planned by Lucas that we'll never see because Jew Jew and Disney killed Georgie.
>>
>>63464817
>There is NO OTHER REASON why Lucas
Lucas literally stated he did it to create ambiguity.
>Then why did Sheev talk about creating life from Midichlorians?
Because, as dumb as he is, he isn't EU level, and understands you don't have to explain everything, which is why he left it open ended in his movie.
>>
>>63462658
JJ pretty much gives it away too.

>It's not his staff!
>(...but I know who the fuck you're talking about)
>>
>>63462122
>Anakin did I ever tell you I knew a story about the sith even though I'm supposed to be some normie chancellor?
>>
>>63464864
Hey, don't feel bad, at least you learned something today.
>>
>>63464898
yfw Lucas' planned sequel trilogy was going to be good and original because he actually learned from his mistakes in the prequels. Instead we're getting this rehashed plastified garbage.
>>
>>63464471
Oh shit the more I think the more this seems to come together.
>>
>>63464921
And he also hesitates before denying it, at that moment I'm pretty sure he was having flashbacks about all the shit he got for denying Khan.

>Oh boy, not this shit again, w-what do I do.
>>
>>63464937
Not even your boyfriend, senpai
>>
>>63464857

see
>>63463930
>"the notion that Plagueis actually exists and that Sheev isn't bullshitng comes from the EU"

>>63463839
>"he idea that Plagueis is more then a legend...is an EU invention

>>63463423
>"Everything that isn't in the movie, which is almost everything but his name, comes from the EU"

>>63463250
>"Sheev also tells him it's just a legend, and it was EU writers who came up with all that bullshit."
>>
File: butt banging the kardashians.gif (777 KB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
butt banging the kardashians.gif
777 KB, 500x260
"Oh, hey, remember that one guy briefly mentioned in the hated prequels that is barely even elaborated on? He's Kylo's dad-uncle-brother and Luke's father-mother. Oh yeah, Snoke is an alien, but they're humans, but uh.. Force, haha, yeaah!"
"Oh, hey, remember that one guy briefly mentioned in the hated prequels that is barely even elaborated on? He's Kylo's dad-uncle-brother and Luke's father-mother. Oh yeah, Snoke is an alien, but they're humans, but uh.. Force, haha, yeaah!"

>>
File: 1449555436949.jpg (255 KB, 625x579) Image search: [Google]
1449555436949.jpg
255 KB, 625x579
JJ's big twist is that Plagueis is still alive?

This doesn't make any sense.

First of all, Sheev killed him, and if Plagueis somehow resurrected himself, would Sheev leave this threat to his power unchecked for possibly 30-40 years during his reign as Emperor Sheev? I doubt it.

Secondly, this would be a pretty shitty secret for the casual star wars fan that /tv/ so despises, and accuses Disney of pandering to. No one would know who he is.

It would make more sense if JJ was pandering to the EU-reading uber star wars nerd, then I could see it happening.
>>
>>63464947
>he actually learned from his mistakes in the prequels

Why do you think that would happen? People didn't like some of the stuff in ROTJ, and Lucas didn't learn from that. People hated the special editions and Lucas didn't learn from that. He didn't learn anything (except having less JarJar) during the making of the prequels, so why would anything change now.

His statements about the prequels are still "there's nothing wrong with them, people are just being too critical because they don't understand." He doesn't think he did anything wrong.
>>
>>63463423
>The idea that Anakin was created by Plagueis or because Plagueis's experiment comes solely from EU.

it was in an early draft of the script of episode 3
>>
>>63463920

Have they showed Snoke at all yet?
>>
hi r/starwars
>>
Of course snoke is plageius, snoke is probably his birthname or something, plageius is his sith name. Remember how LOST island wasn't purgutory and oh wait jk its purgatory or how khan wasn't khan and then, what do you know? Jk, it's khan. JJ is a hack when will you tards realize all hollywood productions are completely predictable and uncreative?
>>
>>63465042
don't bother, at this point everyone in the thread knows he's an star-class stubborn cunt
>>
>>63465042
Which one of these 4 accurate posts stated that Plagueis isn't real in the context of the film? Pretty sure all 4 of those explain that Plagueis as a physical entity is an idea established in the EU.

Didn't we already agree the movie left that question unanswered on purpose?

Come on, you're not that dumb, are you?
>>
File: ktBpmOs.jpg (71 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
ktBpmOs.jpg
71 KB, 600x450
>>63465093
there is a rumour that he looks like pic related, but it hasn't been verified yet

Disney have not released anything official
>>
>>63465067
Nevermind Snoke is the highest authority in the current Empire. It just makes no fucking sense. Just EU fags desperately grasping straws.
>>
>>63465134
Thanks, ad-hominem is a compliment after blowing all those EU fags out. I mean, if you actually had an argument, you'd state, right senpai?
>>
>>63465087
Shh...just picture all the beautiful what ifs.
>>
>>63465142
>Which one of these 4 accurate posts stated that Plagueis isn't real in the context of the film

>Pretty sure all 4 of those explain that Plagueis as a physical entity is an idea established in the EU.

dude wtf? you're contradicting yourself in the space of 2 sentences now
>>
>>63465042

So? That's just a bunch of people saying that Plagueis is only talked about as a legend in the movie, which is true. The only one of those quotes that even comes close to saying that Plagueis isn't real is the last one.
>>
>>63465142
give up mang, you were clearly trying to claim that Plagueis was just a 'legend' and definitely wasn't real in the films.

you then changed your tune and tried to claim that it was just left "ambiguous"
>>
>>63465064
>TFW KUWTK has a more coherent plot than Plagueis fag's theories
>>
>>63465177
I am one of the biggest EU fags you are speaking of, and having Plagueis doesn't make any sense at all as I mentioned
>>
>>63465207
Why is this is so complicated for you? The movies do not state if Plagueis is real or not.

EU does and the notion that Plagueis is real and not just a legned comes from the EU.

It's pretty damn simple. The movie does not answer that question, and EU has one interpretation of it.
>>
>>63465287
But he is real.
>>
>>63465156
that beaner mag traced it from old Plaguies art, just like that Maz Kanata art is traced from the TFA poster.
>>
>>63462597
Who fucking cares. It would have been spammed in a week's time everywhere after the premiere. Might as well get it over with.
>>
>>63465244
Like EU writes retconning Plagueis, you're trying to recton my argument to something it isn't since you got BTFO.

Truly, EU scum are the worst.
>>
You guys realize this is all part of the hype campaign, right?

Who the fuck is Darth Plagueis? Literally a no-body from 1 second in one movie and from the EU only 1% of the potential viewers have read about. Who exactly is so interested in this guy?

It's just a con to generate false hype in the normies and tricking them into believe some super duper secret character the star wars nerds (which I now consider myself part of, for fashion purposes) are interested in. I'll hear about him from a shill in a paid podcast and parrot it around like the dumb, walking advertisement drone I am.
>>
>>63465210

?the notion that Plagueis actually exists comes from the EU

i.e. Plagueis didn't exist in the films, but the EU then made him exist

>the idea that Plagueis is more than a legend

i.e. the idea that Plagueis is actually real, and not just a legend

>all of his lore comes from the EU

simply completely wrong

glad to see you agree that thee 4th one is denying that Plagueis actually exists though
>>
>>63465244
Do you not know how a discussion works? Stop assuming that only one person doesn't believe the EU bullshit, and stop thinking that anyone in this thread has said that Plagueis was never intended to be real.

It's not just one person saying that your personal headcannon is wrong, it was the intention of George Lucas when he created the idea of the character in the first place. IT doesn't matter how much you don't like being told that, it's what's canon.
>>
>>63465334
you know, it's ok to admit when you're wrong
>>
>>63465314
post the pic they traced it from

>>63465362
>stop thinking that anyone in this thread has said that Plagueis was never intended to be real.

see >>63465042

>It's not just one person saying that your personal headcannon is wrong

what is my "headcannon"? I've never said anything other than what was mentioned in Ep 3
>>
>>63465366
refer to
>>63465134
>>
>>63462949
>Or was that in some shitty fanfic?
the shitty fanfic comes out next week
>>
File: plagueis.jpg (29 KB, 400x566) Image search: [Google]
plagueis.jpg
29 KB, 400x566
>>63465399
>>
>>63465343
>Plagueis didn't exist in the films, but the EU then made him exist

Yes, the notion that Plagueis is definitely real comes from the EU. The movie never says that, it's ambiguous.

>i.e. the idea that Plagueis is actually real, and not just a legend

See above.

>simply completely wrong

Again, see above. Plagueis is never described as anything but a legend in the films. He could be real, he could not be. It's never said.

>glad to see you agree that thee 4th one is denying that Plagueis actually exists though

I didn't. I said it comes close. The post still doesn't say that Plagueis was just real, just that Sheev described him as a legend, which, again, he does.

Learn some reading comprehension, man.
>>
>>63465343
Nigger are you retarded? You are literally rephrasing each one to something else that you want it to be. You can't take my sentence and then add words to it that fucking change the meaning.

>i.e. Plagueis didn't exist in the films,
But that's wrong and you are extrapolating. "the notion that Plagueis actually exists comes from the EU" is not equivalent to Plagueis does not exist in the films. It makes no judgment of Plagueis' status in the actaul film, but explains where the idea that he is a real entity comes from.

Is English your 2nd language? Fuck I feel dumb for wasting all this time.
>>
>>63465462
I appreciate it, you are showing a lot more patience than I am, but you don't have to explain my statements.

Still, thanks, and it's good to know I'm not crazy but in fact dealing with illiterate morons.
>>
>People think the film is just going to be nothing but twists from everyone being someones son/daughter/twin to obscure pointless shit like plagueis shove-in

Clearly nobody in here knows anything about film.
>>
>>63465454
I don't think you know what "trace" means
>>
File: Fire_in_the_Sky_Alien_props.jpg (39 KB, 603x402) Image search: [Google]
Fire_in_the_Sky_Alien_props.jpg
39 KB, 603x402
How would Snoke be impossible to do if he was just a Muun? Fire in the Sky literally did Muuns back in the 80s.
>>
>>63465569
FOUR SNOKES CONFIRMED DARTH PLAGUEIS WASN'T KILLED HE JUST DIVIDED
>>
Even reddit knows this is fake.
>>
>>63465462
>>63465463
>>63465498

>Yes, the notion that Plagueis is definitely real comes from the EU. The movie never says that, it's ambiguous.

why even bring it up? if it is ambiguous, it is a definite possibility that Plaguies actually exists i the world of the films

>See above.

See above

>Again, see above. Plagueis is never described as anything but a legend in the films. He could be real, he could not be. It's never said.

See above.

> The post still doesn't say that Plagueis was just real, just that Sheev described him as a legend, which, again, he does.

>Learn some reading comprehension, man.

Part of reading comprehension is determining meaning within language.

So, again, what is the point or relevancy of even bringing up that Plagueis is only referred to in a legend in Episode 3?
>>
>>63462122
The guy who played Sheev was a pretty good actor.
>>
>>63465462
>the notion that Plagueis is definitely real comes from the EU.
For the last time he's mentioned by name in a canonized novel http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Plagueis#Appearances
>>
>>63465652

As opposed to their totally plausible Jar Jar theory
>>
>>63465652
what are you blabbing about?

Movie Talk is the dude's livelihood and he wouldn't hurt his relationship with Disney (and credibility) for some cheap clickbait crap.
>>
>snoke = plagueis is a stupid idea that a moron could've conceived

It's basically confirmed, then
>>
from Andy Serkis:

>"Supreme Leader Snoke is quite an enigmatic character, and strangely vulnerable at the same time as being quite powerful. Obviously he has a huge agenda. He has suffered a lot of damage. As I said, there is a strange vulnerability to him, which belies his true agenda, I suppose.”

>"He’s aware of what’s gone on, in the respect that he has been around and is aware of prior events. I think it’d be fair to say that he is aware of the past to a great degree."

>“The scale of him, for instance, is one reason. He is large. He appears tall. And also just the facial design – you couldn’t have gotten there with prosthetics. It’s too extreme. Without giving too much away at this point, he has a very distinctive, idiosyncratic bone structure and facial structure. You could never have done it [in real life.]”
>>
This movie has a flashback scene that shows what happened to Luke after RotJ and where the Knights of Ren come from. Han's "it's true, all of it" line comes from after the flashback. Something about the dark side is shown in the flashback since he makes reference to it being true. Couldn't they explain Plagueis here for the casuals? If so, could we get more Sheev?
>>
>>63465809
reminds me about the MGSV theory that the player wasn't the real Big Boss, kek
>>
>>63465877
Goddammit, it's too obvious. If he isn't Plagueis, JJ is a hack again.
>>
>>63465709
>what is the point or relevancy of even bringing up that Plagueis is only referred to in a legend in Episode 3?

Because every time Plagueis is mentioned, people start throwing out "facts" about him that are all from the EU. Lots of argument have been made about the character based on facts that aren't canon, and there's nothing wrong with point that out during a discussion about whether those arguments have merit or not. For example:

>Rey has a staff, Plagueis had a staff. Rey must have Plagueis's staff
>Plaugueis having a staff is from the EU, and no canon. There's no reason to connect the two, because we can't know if Plagueis actually had a staff.
>>
>>63465604

Snoke Killed Lukadore
>>
>>63465932
If he is Plagueis, JJ is a hack for making not one but TWO humanoid characters CGI after "muh practical effex"
>>
>>63465709
This is my first post in the thread >>63463031 and my main point. And it's that the notion that Plagueis created Anakin comes from the EU, which it does (although not really since in the EU the force created Anakin and not Plagueis).

>So, again, what is the point or relevancy of even bringing up that Plagueis is only referred to in a legend in Episode 3?
Because in the context of the film, nothing about Plagueis is a fact. The point is, the films do not state anything for certain in regards to him and thus, everything ascribed to him, and retroactively applied into the context of the film. comes from the EU. People are claiming details about him from the EU and trying to pass it off as something that occurred in the movie.

I get that you are moving the goalposts, and trying to claim that I exclusively claimed Plagueis is not real in the context of the film. But you won't find a single post in this thread stating that from me, and you will find numerous ones explaining it's left ambiguous on purpose by the director.

It's pretty simple, Plagueis' status is an open ended question in the film, only answered for sure by EU writers, but those answers do not come from the movie.
>>
>>63465877
> he suffered a lot of damage
Getting killed by Sheev will do this to a man

> ...he has been around and is aware of prior events. I think it’d be fair to say that he is aware of the past to a great degree

Holy shit, that speaks for itself

> He is large. He appears tall. And also just the facial design – you couldn’t have gotten there with prosthetics. It’s too extreme. Without giving too much away at this point, he has a very distinctive, idiosyncratic bone structure and facial structure. You could never have done it [in real life.]

I dunno. The leaked face doesn't look so hard to do, but then again, I'm not a costume designer.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.