[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Drago, his wife and the rest of his entourage come to America
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: Drago.jpg (211 KB, 625x370) Image search: [Google]
Drago.jpg
211 KB, 625x370
>Drago, his wife and the rest of his entourage come to America to show goodwill between Soviet Russia and The USA
>Apollo Creed and the rest of America treat them like foreign Pro Wrestling heels the whole time they're in America.
>Despite attempt to be courteous, Apollo acts like a jackass and treats what is supposed to be a friendly bout as a real prizefight
>Drago understandably gets pissed and tries to teach the guy a lesson during the fight
>Dumb referee doesn't end the fight early like it's supposed to when Apollo looks seriously hurt and Apollo dies

Why is he the bad guy again?
>>
MURRICA
>>
>>63460718
he isnt

t. ivan ivanovich ivanov
>>
>>63460718
Because Rocky is our protagonist, and to him Drago is a bad guy.
Good and evil are simply points of view.
>>
To be fair, Drago's wife and his handler were pretty smug as well. And it's clear the guy just didn't care about the fact he killed a guy in the ring.
>>
>>63460836
Bruce Willis didn't care when he killed a guy in the ring in Pulp Fiction but he wasn't treated as a villain.
>>
>implying Apollo wasn't just being a pragmatic showman like shown in the previous movies and wasn't just putting on an act for the cameras

Drago just couldn't handle the bantz.
>>
>>63460836
Apollo nor the referee cared of Apollo's life considering they didn't end it.
>>
>>63460782
>t. ivan ivanovich ivanov
t. alberto barbosa
>>
>>63460917
This
>>
>>63460800
>Good and evil are simply points of view
So, the U.S. was evil..... from a certain point of view?
>>
>>63460920
How is that an argument? The referee isn't the hero, dude.
>>
>>63460970
ITS OVER OBAMA, I HAVE THE HIGH UCRANIA
>>
>>63460718
He threw the ref out of the way when he tried to stop the fight right before Apollo died.

He said if he dies, he dies.
>>
>>63460920
Drago throws the referee out of the fucking way before proceeding to pummel Creed to his death
>>
>>63461021
>Expecting that people watch movies before shitposting about them
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>63460917
The difference being is that this time Apollo couldn't back up his shit talking.
As the saying goes: Talk shit Get hit, in this case to death.
>>
>>63461021
Are you sure? I don't remember that.
>>
>>63461048
Please kill yourself
>>
They killed Apollo because Carl Weathers is a greedy jew nigger
>>
>>63461213
Yeah, he shoves him out of the way and then continues to pummel Apollo.

This movie is Cold War propaganda. Do you think they'd make the central antagonist the least bit sympathetic?
>>
File: coolsheev.jpg (36 KB, 523x699) Image search: [Google]
coolsheev.jpg
36 KB, 523x699
>>63460999
>>63461000
very nice
>>
>>63460718
He's not. The audience (including you) is supposed to realize all of this.
>>
Like he is in arrested development?
>>
>>63461392
Oh, in that case it's completely unrealistic that he didn't have his win wasn't revoked, or even arrested.
>>
Check his stats.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Drago#Fictional_character_biography
How could he be defeated?
>>
File: 1449085140296.gif (2 MB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
1449085140296.gif
2 MB, 356x200
>>63463179
> Ivan Drago is an Olympic gold medalist[3] and an amateur boxing champion from the Soviet Union, who had an amateur record of 100-1-0 Wins (100 KO). He is billed at 6 ft 5 in (196 cm) and 261 pounds (118 kg, over 18 ½ stone). He wields a punch yielding over 2000 psi, whereas the average psi for a boxer is 700psi.[4] He is also an infantry Captain in the Soviet Army and as seen on his chest, is a recipient of the Hero of the Soviet Union award. Drago is carefully fitted and trained to be the consummate fighter. His heart rate and punching power are constantly measured via computers during his workouts.[5] Drago is seen receiving intramuscular injections in the movie, implied to be anabolic steroids, though the actual nature of the injected solution is never explicitly stated.[3]
>>
>>63461475
This. Drago is not really the antagonist. The whole movie is about how both sides will be destroyed by the cold war and how they need to come together. Don't forget that both gloves are destroyed when they collide at the beginning.
>>
>>63460970
FROM MY POINT OF VIEW SOVIET COMMUNISM IS EVIL!
>>
>>63460718
because muslims
>>
File: heart.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
heart.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
>>63463179
Heart man, heart.
>>
If she dies, she dies.
>>
This is Cold War propaganda you silly goose. Soviet Union Collapsed 4 years later. COINCIDENCE?!
>>
>>63464240
Drago is actually defeated by his own selfishness and failure to take communism into his heart. Remember when he screams, "I FIGHT FOR ME!" to that party member?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.