[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>puts being a good movie over being faithful to the source
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Iron Man 3.jpg (3 MB, 3200x2000) Image search: [Google]
Iron Man 3.jpg
3 MB, 3200x2000
>puts being a good movie over being faithful to the source material
>puts more emphasis on being a good action comedy than a good superhero flick
>actually witty quips instead of Whedon's bullshit
>diverse and exciting action scenes, each one has a different objective or tool available to Tony
>showcases Tony, not Iron Man, and how much of a badass he is by allowing him to kick ass with nothing but his wit and creativity
>those great buddycop-like moments with Cheadle and Downey
>lightning fast pacing and hilarious side characters

Why do capeshitters hate this movie again? It's a great action-comedy. Funny, exciting, and by far the most unique feeling MCU film.
>>
>>63458677
It's my favorite Iron Man movie. I realize 1 is probably better, but I like how this one was all about subverting your expectations.

Expecting the Mandarin? Nope!
Expecting an annoying kid the whole movie? Nope!
Expecting the armor to solve every obstacle Tony faces? Nope!
Expecting Iron Man to fight another evil Iron Man suit? Nope!

I really like this movie's Tony and Rhodey dynamic too.
>>
>>63458677
Because muh Mandarin
>>
>>63458677
The Mandarin reveal was gold. Really wish they had the balls to put it in an Avengers movie instead of what is basically an insanely profitable TV movie.
>>
>think the movie is dumb when it first came out for those over the top Mandarin videos
>think why would a terrorist organization waste so much time and money making edgy videos that look like they're some kids MLG youtubes and wouldnt the authorities just track down where they were made and kill them all
>tfw that is literally real life now and what ISIS does so it's a retroactively realistic movie
>>
>>63459026
>retroactively realistic
You're too young to remember Bin Laden I'm guessing.
>>
>>63458677
Yeah, I liked a lot and can't believe when people say it was worse than the 2nd one.

The airplane rescue scene is one of my favorites from the whole MCU.
>>
>>63459065

I'm probably older than you faggot, bin laden's videos were obviously not as over the top, violent and widely viewed in the west
>>
>>63459131
>The airplane rescue scene is one of my favorites from the whole MCU.
or how about right before when Iron Man uses the repulsor beam to blow a hole through a dude's chest?

this movie has a lot of good moments
>>
>that scene where he tells the kid to fuck off
>"I don't even like working here, they're so weird"
>Adam Pally
>Tony and Rodey bants
>Ben Kingsley

It was definitely the funniest MCU movie
>>
>>63458874
This. The big problem with the movie it wasn't Ben Kingsley as Trevor, he was awesome, but Killian was such a boring villain, if he had some charm the twist would have been more easy to digest to the average moviegoer.
>>
>>63459491
He was hardly in the movie. I think Jon Favreau ended up with about the same amount of screentime.

It was Tony's movie through and through.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.