[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many films on Seanbaby's Top 100 Funniest films of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11
File: sbtop100funny.jpg (2 MB, 2490x3762) Image search: [Google]
sbtop100funny.jpg
2 MB, 2490x3762
How many films on Seanbaby's Top 100 Funniest films of all time (or at least, when he made the list 15 years ago) have you watched?

http://www.seanbaby.com/ifls/seanbaby.shtml
>>
>>63455624
What films would he add from the last 15 years?
>>
>>63455624

>revenge of the nerds

stopped reading right there
>>
>>63456784
But it's Seanbaby!
>>
File: 1449618348472.jpg (498 KB, 600x907) Image search: [Google]
1449618348472.jpg
498 KB, 600x907
Shit I can't even call Bingo.
>>
>All 80s and early 90s
Dismissed, I can guarantee this is all shit he saw as a kid and remembers way too fondly.
>>
>>63457820
Well have you read their commentary on the main list where they rip apart older films that were chosen by AFI?

http://www.seanbaby.com/ifls/index.html

On the Jerry Lewis Nutty Professor:

>They shouldn't have counted a movie that was made 10 times better just by adding Eddy Murphy in a grandma suit and having him fart.
>>
No Freddie got fingered, no windy city heat, no Clifford, no MacGruber.

At least he got spinal tap right.
>>
>>63458108
>>63457820
The list was made in like 2000, so that's the cut off date. So Windy City Heat wouldn't be on there because it wouldn't be out till three years later, Freddy Got Fingered wouldn't be out till a year later and MacGruber wouldn't be out till ten years later.

Clifford was on someone else's list, though.
>>
>>63458013
Thats actually worse. I'm too drunk to read that ugly ass site but
>every comedy I saw between the ages of 8 and 18 is a masterpiece
>these comedies praised by people who saw them in the same age range or older and have been popular for decades are bad
I hate nerds who lionize the entertainment of their childhood and dismiss everything else.
>>
>>63458274
>>63458013
And now that I look through the list, the great irony is that the AFI list is exactly the same thing. All movies baby boomers saw in their youths and love for that reason but nobody has seen or talked about in decades
>>
>>63458455
I think that might've been the point of the IFLS list.
>>
>>63458489
I blame the alcohol for missing that, but I've seen too many people repeat the same behavior sincerely to see it as a joke
>>
>no american pie 2

dropped
>>
>>63458683
That wasn't out yet
>>
>>63456685
Borat.
>>
>Two Adam Sandler films
>One Woody Allen films

Pretty shit tbph family
>>
>>63458547
>but I've seen too many people repeat the same behavior sincerely to see it as a joke

Yeah I know the feeling. I kind of wonder if down the line a younger generation will make fun of the IFLS list as they made fun of the AFI list.
>>
File: 1430884982661.png (77 KB, 480x300) Image search: [Google]
1430884982661.png
77 KB, 480x300
>The Man Who Knew Too Little
>>
>no clueless, mean girls or heathers

pretty sure the entire list is literally trash
>>
>>63459248
Heathers is not a very good movie outside of the "cool to kill yourself" trend
>>
File: 1409254905701.jpg (2 MB, 2550x3300) Image search: [Google]
1409254905701.jpg
2 MB, 2550x3300
How do you feel about the /tv/ equivalent list?
>>
File: comedy movies list.jpg (2 MB, 2490x3762) Image search: [Google]
comedy movies list.jpg
2 MB, 2490x3762
This many. Pretty garbage list, lacking a lot of good movies.
>>
File: 1440918359360.jpg (2 MB, 2550x3300) Image search: [Google]
1440918359360.jpg
2 MB, 2550x3300
>>63459445
Plus, "Underrated" list.
>>
I don't see Blazing Saddles.

always knew he was a faggot.
>>
>>63459649
Immediately looked for that and Zoolander. When I found neither I knew it was shit.
>>
>>63459649
>I don't see Blazing Saddles.

Have you read the main list? Seanbaby doesn't seem to like Mel Brooks. Some quotes from him on the main page:

>Most zombie movies or movies about Vanilla Ice can make you laugh harder on accident than Mel Brooks can during 90 minutes of desperately trying,

>For the algebra lovers, or fans of the inner workings of the Calculando Calrissian 2000, the formula is shown below in its entirety. The Bill Murray in Party Hat represents the number of good jokes, and the Mel Brooks Dressed as Indian represents the number of jokes that make our insides sad.

On Young Frankenstein:

>The one thing we learned from our experiment in film criticism is that building uncontrollable superior artificial intelligences out of weapons and explosives isn't as good an idea as it sounds. We've been tortured and killed, and periodically the Calculando Calrissian 2000 will create android duplicates of our dead relatives and laugh when we fall for it. Because of that damn robot, we've lost two entire cities, countless species of animals, and in Mark's case-- our precious virgin flower. But sneaking a Mel Brooks movie onto our list? That's the last evil thing you'll ever do, Calculando Calrissian 2000. You pushed the wrong fucking button.

On Blazing Saddles:

>We're sorry. All of the not-me-and-Erik Laser Squad personnel voted for this stupid fucking movie. I could try to tell you we were being sarcastic, or that I'm legally retarded, or that Mark is illegally retarded, but Erik suggested that instead of acting defensive, we distract you. So, good luck trying to think about our screw-up after you see Erik's publicity photo, ladies:
>>
>>63459847
>>63459248
Zoolander and Mean Girls weren't out yet when they made the lists.
>>
>>63460081

Seanbaby on Cat Ballou:

>You might say this is the thinking-man's Blazing Saddles. But it'd be more accurate if you said this is Blazing Saddles for people that just barely don't need to be kept on a leash.

Also the Erik he refers to is the guy who used to run the Old Man Murray site from long ago.

Erik on The Seven Year Itch:

>Whatever cutting thing I might say here about the AFI and their cobweb-filled Harold Lloyd dick smoking slot is kind of trumped by the fact that we picked Blazing Saddles. So I'll just shut up.

Erik on Clerks:

>You know what's funnier than Clerks? Neither does whoever put Blazing Saddles at #51.
>>
>>63458827
Anything else?
>>
>>63455624
The only good films on there are Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, and Beavis and Butthead

Everything else is essential /v/eddit core
>>
File: wiseau.jpg (102 KB, 1024x669) Image search: [Google]
wiseau.jpg
102 KB, 1024x669
pic related is easily the funniest movie I have ever seen, the fact that it was a serious attempt at a drama is genuinely mind-boggling.
>>
No Mel Brooks? No The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother? Garbage list.
>>
No Marx brothers?
No Mel Brooks?
No Cat Balou?
>>
Seanbaby's got it right. Mel Brooks is shit.
>>
>>63459445
>>63459487
Whaaaat
>>
>>63462909
Bonjour Reddit!
>>
>>63459453
>>63457743
>still hasn't seen American Movie

get on my level
>>
>>63456784
Fag.
>>
>>63460081
Like I said, he sounds like a faggot.
>>
>>
>>63460081
>>Most zombie movies or movies about Vanilla Ice can make you laugh harder on accident than Mel Brooks can during 90 minutes of desperately trying,

90 minutes of Mel Brooks desperately trying is funnier than Seanbaby's stuff he wrote for Cracked.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 220x259) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 220x259
>>63460081
I've never seen or heard of Seanbaby other than an occasional name drop when browsing Cracked. I might've read an article by him at one point or another, but it must not have been impressive enough to recall.

So, I went ahead and looked up "seanbaby" and this is on the first page of images.

I don't know why anyone would even ask such a seemingly lame person about movies.
>>
Clerks is one of the shittiest movies I have ever seen.
>>
>>63466698
He was incredibly popular online during the early 00's and might've been part of the reason there are so many jokes about Aquaman being useless.
>>
>>63466723
I used the Internet in the early 2000s. I think I remember Maddox talking about him and basically stroking his dick, but other than that I don't think I ever heard anything else about him.

He seems like a complete ponce, from that list, his comments about Brooks and other comedians, his looks, and everything about his comedy.
>>
File: 4u.jpg (1 MB, 1245x1881) Image search: [Google]
4u.jpg
1 MB, 1245x1881
shit, there's lot i've never seen, also there are lot i've only seen just small bits
>>
>>63455624
I have literally seen just one movie in that list.

Rushmore
>>
>>63466846
Comedy is a shit genre anyway
>>
>>63466857
word

Although I liked superbad
>>
>>63466801
I remember that Maddox was initially seen as like an imitation of Seanbaby (though that was usually from the people who were Seanbaby fans during Seanbaby's rise). Seanbaby also wrote for Electronic Gaming Monthly for a while, too. I can't remember what else he did, he was usually known for his video game writing and that Super Friends page.
>>
>>63458274
>>63458489
Couldn't it be both? Like they could be sincerely lionizing it and be stupidly dismissive toward some films while doing it under "ironic" pretenses?
>>
>>63466436
Go back to reddit
>>
>>63468426
I don't think so, Redditor
>>
>>63458013
>A lot of the choices on the improved list may not officially be categorized as comedies, but that's not our fault. Did you think the industry that produced Batman Forever could be trusted to properly categorize things? Most zombie movies or movies about Vanilla Ice can make you laugh harder on accident than Mel Brooks can during 90 minutes of desperately trying, so members were allowed to select any movie no matter what genre the idiot film industry put it in.

>For those who are wondering, a movie is only be an official Comedy if it follows one specific criteria: A main character must at least once stand outside a restaurant and be mistaken for a valet parking attendant and given the keys to a super fast red sports car. If you don't see this happen during a movie, you're either not watching a Comedy or you went to the bathroom at the worst possible time.
>>
>>63469323
>All the films we fed into the Calculando Calrissian 2000 were judged on each member's very subjective views formed by whatever naked pastors warped their childhoods. In addition that that, we were supposed to keep in mind three specific criteria: Quotability Pain, Lasting Appeal, and Laughitudinalness.

>Quotability Pain rated how much you wanted to kill your friends after they repeated lines from the movie for two straight years. If you're still friends with them, chances are the thing they keep screaming was pretty funny at one time.

>Lasting Appeal is simple. If you watch a movie once, kind of appreciate it, and have no desire to ever see it again, it doesn't have any. A Top 100 Funniest Movie should be something you almost rent every time you go to the video store. It's not a perfect way to judge a movie, but this rating was to keep people from showing off by including boring obscure intellectual comedies in their list. [It didn't totally work. -ed]

>For the intricate Laughitudinalness rating, we gave ONE point for every time a movie's joke or gag made us laugh, and took away TWO points every time a joke made us wince or question our will to live. Using this system, you'll find that most [ALL. -ed] Mel Brooks and Leslie Nielsen movies end up with negative numbers. That indicates that they've actually made your life less funny.
>>
I noticed the main Internet Film Laser Squad list ends at #43 (and they don't feel like finishing it), but each of those guys had their own personal top 100 list available. I wonder if it'd be easy to calculate the rest of the list and then do commentary in their writing style.
>>
>>63466723
>>63466801
Seanbaby came to prominance around the time Something Awful and Portal of Evil were starting up.
>>
There are no good comedy movies.
>>
>>63466857
Anton Check 'em and I disagree with your pleb ass
>>
File: 1415131420845.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1415131420845.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>63473333
>>
File: coldhead.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
coldhead.jpg
90 KB, 1280x720
>>63473366
nice
>>
>>63473333
nice
>>
i think freddy got fingered is the only funny movie
>>
>mfw quads saved this thread
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.