[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fucking patriarchy bringing down women
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (406 KB, 1242x1460) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
406 KB, 1242x1460
Fucking patriarchy bringing down women
>>
the leaks ended her just like one of us shtick. nobody gives a shit about her anymore she's done
>>
>entertainer of the year
>>
>talks shit about her employers
>expects them to not fuck her over

You dun goofed
>>
>the wrap: "It’s only Lawrence’s massive charisma and empathy that makes this fictionalized version of Mangano seem real and relatable"

>variety: "Despite another solid performance from Jennifer Lawrence"

>indiewire: "Lawrence provides a better glue for holding these scenes together than Russell's rambling screenplay."
we will never be rid of her ;_;
>>
>>63447189

Oscar nomination incoming
>>
>>63447218
>>63447189
Literally Winters Bone is her only good performance.
>>
She's a good actress outside of Hunger Games, which was her fat pile of cash moneymaker--and maybe American Hustle, but that whole movie sucked.

Joy looked like it'd be a bland attempt at drama from the trailer, but I don't doubt she gave a good performance.

The 'one of us' shit was always stupid, but she's not the first and she won't be the last person to be swept up on tides of undeserved overpraise and hype.
>>
File: 023.jpg (143 KB, 600x778) Image search: [Google]
023.jpg
143 KB, 600x778
>>63446865
>it's a lawrence/cooper movie
I'll pass
>>
>>63447189
If the trailer is any indication she's horrible in this.
>>
File: 3.gif (964 KB, 335x190) Image search: [Google]
3.gif
964 KB, 335x190
http://www.pajiba.com/film_reviews/joy-review-david-o-russell-mansplains-the-female-experience-for-all-you-dumb-broads.php

>As he’s best known for movies with male protagonists—like The Fighter, Three Kings and Silver Linings Playbook—I was curious to see how Russell would handle a female-focused story with themes of friendship, sisterhood, motherhood, and gender politics. The short answer is: like an asshole. Joy opens on a soap opera where glamorously dressed women argue in insipid circles about men, power and love. It’s cartoonish and absurd, yet this soap draws in Joy, her mother and grandmother like moths to a flame. From the first scene, Russell is mocking women by mocking a medium they’re known to love. And it doesn’t get much better."

wait

so does /tv/ have to like it because its actually misogynistic?
>>
>>63447189
>Lawrence’s massive charisma and empathy
and I'm here like "can't stand her face anymore"
>>
>>63447242
She was the worst part of Silver Linings Playbook. She's a complete black hole of charisma and empathy.
>>
Oh is the feminist fad finally fading out?
>>
>>63447624

see my post >>63447377

its a fake feminist movie
>>
>>63447501
I fapped to her ass jiggling during the dance scenes though
>>
>>63446901
What do you mean?
>>
>>63447377
>mansplains

Do you really expect me to take this seriously?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.