[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lionsgate Wants to Make ‘Hunger Games’ Prequels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: katniss.jpg (1 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
katniss.jpg
1 MB, 2880x1800
>first 2 movies were the most successful
>first 2 movies had the actual hunger games in them
>if we make prequels more games for everyone!

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/hunger-games-prequels-lionsgate-1201655425/
>>
Didn't the last movie flop?
Is there still a market for this franchise?
>>
>>63445927
every teenage girl in western civilization is the market
>>
>>63445886
God these movies are such fucking dog shit and Jennifer Lawrance can not portray emotion for shit
>>
>>63445927
it "underperformed," usually the last movie in a big franchise is supposed to be the most successful, but Mockingjay 2 might make the least of the entire series.
>>
>>63445927
No.

The only people that cared about this series were the 14 year old girls who read the book. These girls are 18+ now and nobody gives a fuck.

Every single young adult series dies this way. Harry Potter is the only outlier.
>>
File: 414Y1FoNDfL._SY355_.jpg (15 KB, 236x355) Image search: [Google]
414Y1FoNDfL._SY355_.jpg
15 KB, 236x355
they also want more Twilight

>Burns also spoke how the studio aims to get more out from its other big franchises — including Twilight, The Expendables and Saw, nodding towards reboots, prequels or sequels for each of them.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/lionsgate-vice-chairman-wants-film-846760
>>
>>63446202
Fuck they're really scrapping the bottom of the barrel.
>>
>>63446230
well Lionsgate has zero franchises besides those
>>
>>63446037
TBQH I never even watched part 1.
>>
Just make super-cool she-gladiators and nobody has to milk any gay franchises, I win.
>>
>>63446202
>http://variety.com/2015/film/news/hunger-games-prequels-lionsgate-1201655425/
>4 replies omitted. Click here to view.
>>>
> Anonymous 12/08/15(Tue)14:28:24 No.63446038▶
>>63445886

Jesus christ...
>>
>>63445886

for once that's actually a good idea

I never liked how, say Battle Royale's sequel, followed the characters into a war against the government

at the end of the day you watch these kinds of movies to see the death games, not what will happen to the characters picked at random next

more things should use new characters like that, like they were intending to do that for Heroes, each season has a new cast of characters discovering they have powers, but they chickened out and look how downhill that show went after it's first season
>>
>>63446372
We can call it Lady-ators.
>>
>>63446409
you mean Heroes could have been an anthology series like Fargo or True Detective? they missed the ball on that one
>>
>>63446020
>i never watched the movies

jennifer lawrance did a good job son
>>
Once it stopped being about the actual fucking Hunger games partway through the second movie it went to shit.

People just want to see teens killing each other.
>>
>>63445886
I don't get the appeal. I saw the first one, thought it was shit, and don't get the hype at all.
>>
>>63446574
Well she portrayed Katniss well. She really captured her indecisiveness and annoying traits that made her such a fucking pain to read.

"Oh boo hoo all our lives are shit but what's even more shit is I can't pick which boy to fuck."
>>
>>63446485

guess they tried to do it with Heroes Reborn, but they had fucked the universe up too badly at that point
>>
>>63446632
>women say men are shallow
>literally every piece of media they consume has multiple 10/10 guys fighting over the mary sue lead

smdh tbqh
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 900x900
>>63445886
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF

YOU FUCKING KIKES

WHERE ARE MY HISTORICAL EPICS????

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>63446202
The first twilight was good
>>
Hunger Games is still a thing?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (105 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
105 KB, 1920x1080
I will be ok with it if they have this guy and go full out on the show angle
>>
>>63446775
You mean the third one and last one, right?
They were fucking hilarious.
>>
>>63446934
I didn't watch past the second one because of how hilariously bad and fucking embarassing they were but I genuinely enjoyed the first one
>>
It would be a nice if an original trilogy was made exclusively for the screens.

It's heartbreaking to see how many 'Teen Trilogies' are cynically churned out onto bookshelves in the attempts to get a new one pushed onto the bigscreen, with its last entry needlessly being ripped in two.

I understand the business angle behind it, but I wish the business was simultaneously supported by some creativity.
>>
>>63445927
>Didn't the last movie flop?

> $524,169,547

why is this board full of fucking retards?
>>
>>63446202
Does anyone even remember twilight?
Isn't the audience they originally went for now comprised of women in their early 20s that look back on what they used to love and cringe?
>>
File: lionsgate.jpg (267 KB, 1916x720) Image search: [Google]
lionsgate.jpg
267 KB, 1916x720
Say it with me...

JUST
>>
>Movie follow 4+ tributes from diffrent district
>All trailers and marketing focus just as much on all of them making it unclear who is gonna win
>Play up the fact that the games are a show that is made to amuse the elite
I would consider watching it
>>
>>63445886
I would like to see a film that is actually focused on the hunger games themselves and none of the boring melodrama and politics. Just 24 kids fighting to the death.
>2 or 3 protagonists so we are in suspense over who will win
>add a little more gore and violence
>focus more on strategies for winning
Could be good.
>>
>>63445886
ITT why do women have such shitty taste in art and entertainment?
>>
>>63445886

The third movie did better than the first movie.
>>
>>63446996
If you making sequels to a big thing

And the sequels cost more than the previous

And youre making less money than the previous

Then thats a bomb you dumy
>>
>>63447154
That shit taste makes them excellent consumers, tho.
Only women keep buying shit in these days of recession.
>>
>>63447172
Not a bomb, just an underperformer.
Sure, combined with the Jew powers of Hollywood Accounting, it's probably even less than what we think, but it still not a failure.

A bomb is something like Heaven's Gate
>>
>>63446969
>tfw unironically enjoyed it
it was kinda comfy to be honest family
>>
>>63447154
Unfortunately, It's just female capeshit, m8: Something incredibly shallow that people are given a pass for liking.
>>
>>63447094
>turning a teen girl romance series into meta commentary on the movie viewing public and violent movies
I can only see this going well.
>>
>>63447154
Like your average man is any better, all they watch is capeshit and Star Wars.
>>
>>63447341
I just realised the concept would work so well as a mini-series.
Imagine it, first episode introduces all the tributes.
Every episode after has at least one character dying. Advertise it like a sporting event. Make sure no clear indication is ever given as to who's going to win.
And then make it an anthology series
>>
>>63447046
Yeah Twilight is pretty much forgotten now.
Don't even think younger generations (middle school/high school) even know what it is.
>>
First one was alright
the rest were shite
>>
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 812x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 812x1024
>>63446202
Good luck getting Robert to do anything twilight related anymore
>>
>>63447620
>ywn be paid to go on TV to take the piss out of a film you're in, knowing full well there's not a damn thing they can do about it
>>
they should o the first hunger games and make it R
>>
>>63446632

Honestly, this. Lawrence is a good actress, but Katniss is indecisive and noncommittal. She spends the entire trilogy of books (I haven't seen either Mockingjay movie) reacting, not actively doing anything. The only choice she really makes on her own is to volunteer to save Prim, and that's great, but it's at the start of the first book.
>>
>>63447620
ungrateful fucker will still be the twilight boy the day he rots
>>
>>63448235
Nope, because everyone's already forgotten the movies existed
>>
>>63448263
you wish Robert
>>
>>63448347
Seriously, m8
The Host flopped and nobody's tried the Twilight formula since Warm Bodies
>>
>>63447125
>>63446409

If they were prequels, How could you be in suspense about the winner the current movies layout who the winners are. They're the trainers or the people that were selected to be in the "all star" hunger games. You could go more into them as kids but you still know who wins.
>>
>>63447154
*people
>>
so like what... a young woody harrelson competing in his games?

cast him
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.