[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched the first Pirates of the Caribbean for the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
Just watched the first Pirates of the Caribbean for the first time and I got to say it was better than I expected it

are the sequels worth watching?
>>
2 is great, 3 is alright, a lot of people thought 4 was shit but I enjoyed it

Johnny Depp's performance is fun enough to stretch it out imo
>>
2 is sort of hard to understand and sort of a cliffhanger. 3 is complete nonsense. Both are still fun though, and Bill Nighy is great. Id say watch them.

Most people hate 4. I kind of like it though. It's completely disconnected from the others apart from a few characters, so i think it would have been better if it werent part of the franchise.
>>
>>63445458
Agree with this guy. But the fourth one is definitely shit and you shouldn't waste time on that.
>>
fuck you now I want to rewatch the movies
>>
>>63445324
I thought they were all pretty good, I was unaware people disliked 4 until recently but I personally thought it was one of the better ones.
>>
>>63445324
The second film was so laughably retarded I didn't bother with any of the later sequels, which are allegedly even worse. The first one is the only one worth your time.
>>
the first one is the best adventure film of the last 15 years
>>
>just watched the first pirates of caribbean
>not just marathoned the first pirates of caribbean

you fucking blew it, op
>>
They make up a decent overarching story for the trilogy. If you liked the first one, I would recommend watching them.

The third one kind of sucks as a movie in it's own right, but just like many third parts to a trilogy, it's really just there to tie up all the loose ends and bring the story full-circle.
>>
1 is a great movie by any measurement. Oh and the crew of the Davy Jones is great in 2+3.
>>
IMO

1>2>3>4

1 is legitimately a great film

I put 4 at the bottom of the last because its one of the only films i've watched at the cinema and come away thinking i've wasted my time and money.
>>
>>63447810
>not following a stale shitty may may
>blowing it
>>
I rewatched the the first PotC recently.
That movie aged like milk.
>>
>>63445324
2 is terrible, 3 is mediocre, haven't seen 4

It's probably worth it for Based Davy Jones and his absolutely GOAT musical theme
>>
>>63447985
objectively wrong m8
>>
>>63448044
nah m8
nice dubs tho
>>
>>63445458
>2 is great, 3 is alright
2 is alright, 3 is fucking shit
>>
Don't listen to these plebs, the first one is the only one worth your time.
>>
4 was great for some of that mermaidfu
>>
The third pirates movie is one of the worst I've ever seen in theaters.
>>
>>63445324
1st one was awesome, 2 and 3 I didn't like, the 4th one was kinda okay
>>
4 is fucking dogshit.
2 and 3 are okay if you really want to watch a trilogy about Will and his anorexic bitch.
Disney needs to pull their heads out of their ass and realize this was never about Will or love or any of that stupid shit.
These movies should be about pirates.
Another reason 4 sucked so much ass only 3 of the original pirate crew were in it and 1 had a bit part.
>>
>>63448139

>you'll never be transformed into a lord of the seas by a tender, nubile mermaiden
>>
i dont get the hate on the 3rd?, the last fight ship vs ship was awesome, the pirate council is cool, davy jones locker is interesting..

my personal rank, 1>3>2>4
>>
>>63448200
it's a meme in the same vein of the 'the departed sucks/is worse than infernal affairs' meme.
>>
File: mermaidfu.gif (949 KB, 245x170) Image search: [Google]
mermaidfu.gif
949 KB, 245x170
>implying you wouldn't
>>
>>63448249
>people universally hate something
>MUST BE A MEME
>>
Ignore 2 and 3.
1 and 4 are entertaining.
>>
>>63448200
It was kind of pretentious but not nearly as bad as 2 or 4 I'd rate the same way.
>>
>>63448268
That's true for 4chan at least.
>>
>>63448330
Fair point.
>>
Glad to see I'm not the only that enjoyed 4. I thought it was a lot more fun than 3.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (14 KB, 258x196) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
14 KB, 258x196
The first movie is objectively the best one
but the second one is just so much fun, it's like Mad Max Fury Road of the pirate movies - a non-stop action
Davy Jones and his crew were fucking incredible
>>
>>63448497
then 3 happened and made everything shit
>>
>>63448542
yeah
>muh Tia dalma
>>
I have seen the first one like 20 times.
>great atmosphere
>great music
>solid plot
>fun
>cool last fight
I really liked Davy Jones and the darker overall tone of Dead Man's Chest, but they should've taken a different direction with the third film.
Instead of going all grand scale and epic, just make a fun adventure with a conclusion, while tying the Davy Jones and Black Pearl arc together.
>>
I heard people don't like dead mans chest but that's my favorite one
>>
>>63448542
I never got this meme. It was the fucking same crazy shit to me and I enjoyed it.
>>
>>63445324
First three are decent and very entertaining but the fourth is complete shite, don't waste your time with it.
>>
>>63445324
First one is a fantastic swashbuckling adventure, then they completely change the tone in the sequels and they become much darker and more serious. The third movie is especially guilty of this. People shit on Stranger Tides but it feels much more like the first movie I feel, in that it isn't taking itself too seriously.

Black Pearl > Stranger Tides > Dead Mans Chest > At Worlds End.
>>
>>63445324
Just watch them, pretty comfy movies and easy to sit through
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.