[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You're George Lucas and writing the sequels to The Phantom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: darth-maul-main.jpg (260 KB, 1200x729) Image search: [Google]
darth-maul-main.jpg
260 KB, 1200x729
You're George Lucas and writing the sequels to The Phantom Menace, you haven't decided to kill Darth Maul off and plan to use him in the next two films, how do you go about that?
>>
I kill him off within the first few seconds of episode II.

Then I make the same exact choices Lucas made for the films.
>>
>>63445232

Why not but slowly gradually make him become Greivous after losing various body parts throughout both episodes one and two? Palpatine would be testing this technology before using it on Anakin after getting his limbs cut off.
>>
Reveal General Grievous to be a patched up Darth Maul, out for revenge.
>>
>>63445289

>Why not but slowly gradually make him become Greivous after losing various body parts throughout both episodes one and two?

That would be a pathetic villain if every time they met he lost and got fucked up.
>>
But the only reason Obi-Wan got promoted to a knight was because he defeated Maul, otherwise he'd not be credible as Anakins master and their relationship in the originals wouldn't make any sense
>>
Fuck Maul, here's an idea i've posted previously

>Like in the real movies, in the second, it is revealed that there is a sith among the council
>At the end of the movie, Anakin confronts him, but Sithie gets away
>Start of third movie, Anakin finds and kills this sith
>Realizes that there has to be another sith
>Probably in the council, or even higher, like this one was
>but the sith have been gone for such a long time, how can we know they still play by the rule of two?
>This sith was a trusted member of the council, nobody had any reason to believe he was on the dark side
>So why not others, why not Ki-adi-mundi, why not Ahsoka, why not Windu?
>These thoughts pester Anakin's mind, but he feels he can trust Sheevenstein for some reason (subtle Sith brainwashing)
>Palperson helps Anakin find evidence for several powerful people actually being sith
>Eventually, Obi-Wan hears of this, and confronts Anakin on it
>Obi-Wan can easily tell the evidences Anakin presents are false, but that Anakin does not realize
>tries to reason with Anakin
>Anakin believes this shows Obi-Wan being on the dark side too, flips his own shit, and JUST
>After the battle, Anakin is as he was, saved by Sheevious
>In the closing sequence, Palpie says something weird, which Darth Vader reacts to
>He doesn't say a word, but by his bodylanguage, it's easy to tell he finally realized what he killed were actually Jedi, but he's gone too far to shift course now.

Yes/No?
>>
>>63445769

Shit, that's actually a pretty plausible reason why he'd turn....
>>
>>63445769
wow... where were you when they wrote the trash that is ep1,2,3... No jar jar, no shitty "love gave me a bad name" plot. oh boy. please flesh this out and give details on each film. like how does padme die? r2 and 3po arent needed.

i need more.
>>
>>63445197

In my version Obi Wan and Anakin are the same age.

Maul kills qui-gonn and Anakin butchers Maul, showing his tendency towards sithdom for the first time.
>>
>>63445769
go on anon, this is good
>>
File: 1378819730620.jpg (132 KB, 858x990) Image search: [Google]
1378819730620.jpg
132 KB, 858x990
>>63445197
Darth Maul is played by a British martial arts expert, a stunt man, incapable of dialogue or acting beyond choreographed movement.

Pretty sure I wouldn't pay this fucker to STAR in three of my movies either
>>
>>63445815
>>63445921
>>63446083
I was busy having a squeeky voice, and jacking off to tiny-winey pictures of boobs on the back of a comic book

I'll work on it, the thing i posted there is actually a cut down telling of what i originally told in three episodes, but i kept all the good parts, and most the rest isn't all that good
>>
darth maul either slowly becomes grievous as others have suggested
or is revealed to be palpetine in disguise
>>
Did anyone see the King of Fighters movie where the dude who played Maul was the main villain?

I promise you, he is NOT an actor. Either replace him if you really want to have Maul in a significant role or get rid of the character entirely.
>>
I finally sat down and watched Episode IV yesterday. VI and VII on the way.

I saw the prequel trilogies and don't remember them being any better or worse than what I watched last night.

Poorly written, weirdly paced, cheesy as fuck, bland and passable--that's how IV felt. That's how I remember the prequels.

Were the prequels really THAT shitty or is everyone's nostalgia just gone into the stratosphere?
>>
>>63445921
>How does Padme die
Well, in the originals it wasn't stated that Leia's mother was dead, i think it was even implied that she grew up with her mother
So, maybe something she had been kidnapped by the previously mentioned sith that Anakin kills in third movie, they fuck, Padme supports his hunt for Sith, only to realize not long until she's about to give birth that she supported a man in genocide on Jedi
She travels to a place far away, gives birth, tests reveal one of the twins, Luke, to be force sensitive and in order to hide him from Darth Vader, he's sent to grow up on a desolate planet

Sheev would also be a former organized crime boss, In first movie he's in jail and seems very regretful, by the second movie he's released and retires to live a peaceful life, mostly spending his life painting or something
Anakin and Obi-wan consults him on how to find the runaway Sith, as Sheevie should have an understanding of the criminal world
>>
>>63445987
Fuck, that's a good idea.

The prequels could have been completely fixed if Anakin was Ewan MacGregor's age in EP1, a young blend of Luke Skywalker and Han Solo. He only knew his mother, who died years ago, and he never knew of even having a father, and he's indentured as a junk seller/sometimes pilot for Watto and the Hutts to pay off his mother's debts. The podrace scene is when he finally bests Watto and pays them off.

Like Luke, he's truly "too old" to begin the training, too damaged, but Qui Gon takes him under his wing anyways.

Your idea would be a fantastic moment at/near the end of I OR II, replacing that stupid sand people slaughter scene, as a way of showing just how fucked up Anakin was.

Also, just as Lucas cribbed The Hidden Fortress for ANH, crib Seven Samurai for the underlying theme of Episode 1. An old master and his apprentice assemble a rag-tag team to help a poor, politically insignificant planet (naboo) fight off marauding bandits (the Trade Federation).

Amidala is Rikichi/Shino, R2 and 3PO are Yohei. Yoda is Kambei (and is Obi-Wan's old master), Qui Gon is Shichiroji/Kyuzo, Mace Windu is Gorobei/Heihachi, and Anakin and Obi Wan are equal parts Katsuhiro and Kikuchiyo.

They save naboo, but Qui Gon dies, and the battle sets off the clone wars, making it a pyrrhic victory that leaves Yoda, the old master feeling defeated.
>>
>>63446524
Tell me Anakin, do the tuskens still scream?
>>
File: Maulsnarl.jpg (221 KB, 1649x2048) Image search: [Google]
Maulsnarl.jpg
221 KB, 1649x2048
Maul respects Palpatine as a father figure but Palpatine rejects him in favor of the more powerful Anakin.

Maul tries to get back in his good books by terrorizing and destroying Anakin.

The conflict between Maul and Anakin causes the latter to become more and more unhinged.

He finally gives in and kills Maul in a fit of rage, afterwards leaving the Jedi Order in shame for succumbing to his emotions.

At this point he surrenders his lightsaber to Obi-Wan and tells him to give it to his son when he's old enough.

He gets made into Palpatine's personal bodyguard and Palpatine starts to work on corrupting him 24/7.
>>
Dis good bread.
>>
>>63447473
You forget to remove R2D2 and 3PO and yoda. They should have not been in the prequels.
>>
>>63445197

Have him be in Count Dooku's place. Tbh I'd want the movie to more like how it was in the beginning, like a huge investigation on Coruscant and skip the romance crap.
>>
File: 1438064778036.gif (879 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
1438064778036.gif
879 KB, 245x230
>>63445769
>>
>>63445769
this is pretty much the Story of Arthas from the Warcraft games, nice try faggot
>>
>>63447671
Nah, the droids are crucial as the POV characters in the traditional Kurosawa sense. They're the peasant lackeys who've seen it all unfold, and their being there for the entire prequels provides some added dimension to their and Obi-Wan's caginess about their shared past in ANH.

Yoda is the old master, and we need to see him as such in order to truly appreciate his position in TESB, as well as his death and his significance as the last of an era.

Just like Seven Samurai introduces us to Kambei by showing him sublimely defeating an enemy almost effortlessly, in order to reinforce his sense of quiet, philosophical power, Episode I must do the same for Yoda. He will never touch a lightsaber anywhere in the prequels, but you have to introduce him by showing his utter and absolutely mastry of the force in some way that has the viewer never forgetting his power. This also makes his "introduction" in TESB that much more poignant, and Luke's doubting of him seem that much more foolish.
>>
Maul.
Kills.
The galaxy.
>>
>>63447817
Seconded
>>
>>63447822
I know you probably won't believe me, but i have no idea who Arthas is, and i've never even played any Warcraft games
>>
>Anakin kills his masters as a way to gain his freedom
>Is found by Obi-Wan by chance during a mission
>Believes it is the will of the Force that he train Anakin
>The Jedi are much, much fewer, and being peaceful, are not as skilled in combat, relying more on clairvoyance than actual fighting skills
>Anakin's appreciation of violence that freed him from slavery eventually lead to him becoming more brutal and isolated from the Jedi

I don't have a full plotline, this is just shit I'd add to streamline it more with the Original Trilogy
>>
>>63447473
>Also, just as Lucas cribbed The Hidden Fortress for ANH, crib Seven Samurai for the underlying theme of Episode 1. An old master and his apprentice assemble a rag-tag team to help a poor, politically insignificant planet (naboo) fight off marauding bandits (the Trade Federation).

Roger Corman beat you to it
>>
>>63447967
>roger corman

Yeah, but this time it wouldn't suck major donkey ass
>>
File: corman_fantastic_four.jpg (4 KB, 160x90) Image search: [Google]
corman_fantastic_four.jpg
4 KB, 160x90
>>63448035
>Never 4get
>>
>>63447913
Not bad, as themes, not bad at all
>>
Have Clone Wars run in parallel with RotS. Have Anakin secretly under Sidious' influence from shortly after the beginning, maybe bring Shmi's rapedeath forward or flash back to it as a trigger. Have Maul and Anakin competing as Palpatine's apprentices, fuck the rule of 2, Sith don't play by anyone's rules, not even their own.They're equally matched because Maul is committed to the Dark side and Anakin has higher midichlorians but is swayed by his feelings for Padme and his friendship/apprenticeship with Obi-Wan .The movie takes place over years, Maul and Anakin operate secretly under orders from Sidious, without knowing what the others' orders are, to bring about the Clone Wars. At the climax of the film military incompetence of the Senate and the Jedi (actually meddling by Maul) results in the razing of Coruscant and the death of Padme. In a psychotic break Anakin unlocks the full extent of his powers, slaughters the younglings, severs ties with the Jedi, etc.. After Coruscant gets fucked Palpatine assumes emergency powers, doesn't outlaw the Jedi but turns public opinion against them for failing to protect Coruscant, the Jedi go into hiding. That's Episode II.

Episode 3 would starts a few years later and essentially consist of a civil war between the clones under Senate command and factions of clones commanded by the remnants of the Jedi Order, who now operate as a terrorist faction opposed to Palpatine's UNLIMITED POWAH. Anakin has taken up the identity of Darth Vader already. He clones Padmé in an attempt to get back what he lost and destroys her asshole in a 10 minute Force-fueled sex scene extravaganza that will be the highlight of my career but ultimately has her destroyed because she's not real. Instead he has twins cloned, thinking he can reclaim his humanity that way. The movie culminates in a last-ditch Jedi raid on Senate HQ which fails to do anything but then Obi Wan fucks Anakin's shit and steals the twins because he's a bastard.
>>
>>63447909
THEN HOW DID YOU KNOW HE WAS FROM WARCRAFT?
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 1050x591) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 1050x591
>>63450386
>Spoilers
>>
>>63450386
I feel like Anakin should get his shit fucked up in a speeder/ship crash, maybe due to spinning?
>>
>>63450588
Like my dad always says: it's all fun and games until a good trick turns bad
>>
>>63450493
Are you dumb or just trolling? you stated he was from warcraft
>>
>>63445197
memes
>>
>>63445769
Somebody begin the slow clap.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.