[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's his name again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (414 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
414 KB, 1920x1080
What's his name again?
>>
homo cop
>>
Best character
>>
tim riggins
>>
Paul 'I love spics' Woodrugh
>>
>>63444650
God Warrior
>>
There's two types of people in this world Ray, leaders and followers. Me? I'm a fucking lion.
>>
>>63444650
homo cop
>>
>>63444696
Close but no cigarillo.

OFFICIAL POWER RANKINGS:

>God Tier
Ray

>God Warrior Tier
Marty
Paul

>50% Boring 50% Great Tier
Frank
Ani

>Absolute Shit Tier
Rust
>>
>>63446222
Fuck, I miss Vinceposting. I had a whole bunch of good ones saved, but my hard drive shat the bed.
>>
gay guy
>>
Homo cop
>>
>>63446222
I miss vinceposting
>>
File: 1437409144931.jpg (175 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1437409144931.jpg
175 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>63446509
>>63446631
We had a great thread of it yesterday, but it either 404d or the mods fucked it.
>>
>>63446864
The /tv/ threads and the Vinceposting were probably the only real reasons I bothered to keep watching True Detective S2. Best thing to come out of that season.
>>
Gay God Warrior, Denyier of Waffles
>>
homo cop
>>
Gay ice road biker
>>
>>63446946
I thought it was great, I don't really understand the reputation it seems to have.
>>
>>63447005
Part of it was the inevitability of season 2 not living up to the hype that had built up after S1, which immediately turned off a lot of people.
And then there was the fact that the whole season was just so convoluted and grim. I haven't rewatched S2 yet, but I can imagine it improves upon subsequent viewings, once you don't have to spend so much of your attention trying to figure out what the fuck is going on.
>>
>>63447227
The only difficulty I had watching the series was keeping some of the names attached to faces. The dirty cop plot was unfolding kind of in the background, so the few scenes that had people like Halloway in them, I didn't keep his name/face in mind. Then later in the season when they're talking about Halloway being a supervisor in some op and talking about his name being on documents, I was like "Who the fuck is Halloway?" Aside from that though, I found it relatively easy to follow. The story had its overly typical moments, but it also had its moments that felt perfectly woven into place. Not perfect, but by no means deserving of its reputation. I didn't even watch it all until a few days ago, because all I had heard were bad things.
>>
>>63444650

Jay Martian of the gay warrior gods
>>
reddit-tier character that panders to closeted homos

tried to send a message to closet homos that they should come out by having homo cop getting killed due to him denying his queerness

sjw trash. homo and feminist character
>>
>>63447539
>someone believes this

PfffffAAAHAHAHAHA
>>
Useless character cop.
>>
>>63447409
Apart from the whole case being somewhat convoluted, there was also the problem of audience investment. Even if you could follow everything that was going on, did you really care?
Like I said, S1 created a hype. Detectives working a serial killer case in rural Louisiana with possible occult undertones is inherently more interesting than detectives investigating the murder of some generic rich asshole in a generic California city that may be linked to a conspiracy involving other generic rich assholes. A lot of people just were really disappointed with the direction the show went in.
>>
>colin farrell
>vince vaughn
>gay cop
>chick
>>
>>63447646
Made this point in another thread:
The problem was that S2 started too slow and weird. It had one chance to make a first impression and misfired.
The second half of the season was great, but they should have started that stuff earlier.
>>
>>63447730
True dat.
The first four or so episodes were a slog to get through, and watching them only paid off in retrospect.
>>
>>63446509
>Not using Google Keep for your copypastas
>>
Vinceposting is the ultimate patrician meme.
>>
>>63447868
"In the moments following my fathers death, I wept Ray. Not for him, not because I felt anything for the man. It was because I felt nothing... & it scared me."
>>
I just realized that the female cop was the blond hotty from mean girls twelve years ago... She hasn't aged that much.
>>
>>63446403
>no mention of the most based character Nails

Whats it like being a pussy?
>>
>>63448395

>twelve years ago

you shut the fuck up.
>>
>>63448434

>2003 was 15 years ago.
>>
>>63447539
I don't think that's the correct interpretation.

The message is that trying to be normal instead of succumbing to perverted instincts is heroic, even if the rest of society try to pressure you into doing so.

Paulie was a decent person because he tried to cope with his illness (being gay, an illness) instead of embracing it and letting it dictate all about his identity and behavior.
>>
>>63444650
This guy looks like what Wil Wheaton should have looked like when he grew up.
>>
>>63444696
this desu
>>
>>63448415
>He was still protecting the women a year later

Wasn't ready for such feelings.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.