[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Post yfw ORussell is being exposed as the hack he is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
>Post yfw ORussell is being exposed as the hack he is
>>
>>63438043
This image looks shooped as fuck.
>>
>>63438043

>Ripping off the cover to Deus Ex

disgusting
>>
>>63438113
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/joy_2014/
>>
>David O Russell finds his muse
>his films turn to shit
lmao
fantastic
>>
File: joy.jpg (554 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
joy.jpg
554 KB, 3000x2000
>>
>>63438387
That was god fucking awful

>>63438337
He's a hack and so is she lol
>>
>>63438043
This makes me happy, hopefully it stays that way
>>
Well then, another contender for bp bites the dust. It was a great streak for O'Russell.
>>
Three Kings is still his best movie. I don't understand his need to becomes the next Great American Director when he's got genuine skill at well-constructed thrillers and high-budget B-movies.

And fucking hell he should never work with JLaw ever again, they both bring out the worst in each other. She's a damn good actress when someone can reign her in, but O Russell just lets her ham her way through every scene and it's goddamn unbearable.
>>
>>63438996
you know what would be funny?

if The Force Awakens is objectively a piece of shit, but sweeps the oscars anyway.

then a riot breaks out and the last shot before the broadcast is pulled is Leonardo DiCaprio rabidly locking his teeth in Meryl Streep's throat.
>>
>>63439018
you dirty nigger trip fag. POO IN LOO.

And yes, you're right. 3 Kings was great, I can't believe the man who made tht made American Hustle. Garbage.
>>
everyone already knows orussell is a hack
>>
>>63439056
Even if TFA makes 4 billion I don't think it will get nominated for best picture, or really anything but visual effects and sound.
>>
>>63439057

>if I imitate Scorcese and Soderbergh at the same time no one will notice, right?

I can't believe he stretched material that thin to over 2 hours, at most it should have been a clean 100 minutes. That material should have been given to someone who was actually interested in the Abscam story and not trying to turn it into a wacky character sitcom that pretends to have a message.
>>
>>63438387
>grr I am emoting angry arg
>>
>Deniro will never star in another actually good movie ever again
>>
>>63439183

Intern was good I hear
>>
File: Untitled.png (180 KB, 565x331) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
180 KB, 565x331
G-guys top critics gave it 83%!

That m-means it must be a g-good film, r-r-right?
>>
>>63439183

This shit is at least better then DTV 50 Cent action movies.

>>63439196

Wait a few days. Shitposting aside, we have no idea what the actual score will be when all the reviews are counted.
>>
>>63439140
I can't rmember, but I think it had a twist at the end. I sat there and was just like, okay. I had to watch it in 4 sittings, it was such a slog.

It's interesting how a lot of people didn't actually notice. Look at Legend, the director uses push ins, voiceovers and dolly shots ala Scorcese and people call him out, but O Russell can imitate Scorcese and it gets a pass.

>>63439183
He legit doesn't care. I realized this was the case when I saw im in a Luc Besson film.
>>
>>63438043
Fuck i hope JLaw's career bombs after this. I can't stand her.
>>
O'Russell stuff:

>Best
Three Kings
>Worst
I Love Huckabees
>Most Underrated(And disowned :()
Accidental Love
>Most Overrated
American Hustle

>Personal favorite
Silver Linings Playbook

You?
>>
>>63439231
>underrated
>Accidental Love

Jesus Christ, mate.
>>
File: george-clooney-10.jpg (27 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
george-clooney-10.jpg
27 KB, 500x375
>mfw clooney whooped the shit out of him for being a dick to the extras on the set of 3 Kings

>ywn be so alpha you beat the shit out of your boss and keep your job
>>
>>63439221

The worse part for me was the Soderbergh imitation, as someone who genuinely thinks The Informant! is a masterpiece watching O Russell rip whole chunks out of that movie's tone and storytelling style for his patch-job of a film was depressing.

>>63439262

Clooney genuinely seems like one of the best people in Hollywood. It's a shame he only seems to be interested in directing old-man movies like Monuments Men, but other then that he's fucking great.
>>
>>63439259
>tfw when you're pretty much the only person who will ever like Accidental Love

More cake for me, then
>>
>>63438387
She definitely goes into my 'characters you'd like to see boiled to death' category
>>
>>63439231
>Silver Linings Playbook

I couldn't even be bothered to finish this, alas. I loved the first act where they took mental illness seriously, but as soon as the dancing arc begins it winds up seeming that was just to gain serious credibility so they could indulge in formula rom-com scenes that feel like nothing which could happen on Planet Earth.
>>
>>63439262
And continue to work. I can't imagine you'd get a good rep if you straight dropped your boss.

Didn't Tom Hardy lay the fuck out of Innaritu?

>>63439289
I couldn't stand the informant. I was watching some Soderbergh and found it to be missing something. Maybe I'll give it another go. What did you like about it? I clocked out after that dinner scene, from memory.

Also, Clooney is based. Some people find him smug, but he can do drama, comedy and musicals

Him in Burn After Reading is just GOAT

>>63439304
Fair enough, senpai! Have your cake and eat it too
>>
>>63439231
>Best
Silver Linings Playbook
>Worst
Three Kings
>Most Underrated
Joy
>Most Overrated
Three Kings
>Personal favorite
Silver Linings Playbook
>>
File: 1435651062410.jpg (72 KB, 414x720) Image search: [Google]
1435651062410.jpg
72 KB, 414x720
>>63439370
>>
>>63439231
>Personal favorite
>Silver Linings Playbook
yep

and the fighter was ok
>>
>>63439354

I loved it becuase it's basically an entire movie about the pointlessness of trying to capture "true stories" or biopics in film. Soderbergh made a 100-minute movie about a pathological liar who destroyed everyone's lives around him and Steven puts the whole movie from his perspective. It's almost literally 100 minutes of the main character lying to the audience about his "true story."

As someone who hates the generic, rote Hollywood biopic movie this felt like it was made for me. It's not exactly parody like let's say Walk Hard, but it balances on the edge and Soderbergh masters the tone needed.

Goddamn I could go on for hours about how much I love that movie.
>>
>>63438387
>LOOK GUYS I'M ACTING!
>>
>>63439469
Alright senpai, I'll agree with you on the pedestrian biopics that candycoat the good stuff, plus you made a good argument. I'm downloading it again now.
>>
>>63439651

Just give it a chance to settle into its groove, you'll probably enjoy it.
>>
>O. Russel
>Not O'Russel
>Pretending to be Irish
fucking pathetic
>>
>>63439262
based clooney
>>
>>63438387
She was fucking awful in this movie. Really showcased her limited range
>>
>>63438387
I'M ACTING
>>
File: 1428289045708.png (83 KB, 339x329) Image search: [Google]
1428289045708.png
83 KB, 339x329
>>63438043
Thank christ, i hate both of those hack cunts so much
>>
>>63439140
>>63439354
and to everyone in the thread

what did you think of soder's king of the hill?

how do you rank his films?
>>
>>63439262
No homo, but why is he so perfect you guys?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.