[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>George Lucas has nothing at all to do with the new movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1441850534492.jpg (373 KB, 988x1500) Image search: [Google]
1441850534492.jpg
373 KB, 988x1500
>George Lucas has nothing at all to do with the new movies
>Even the shitty EU novels and video games had was under his direct supervision
>People are somehow under the impression that because Disney bought the name, that the new movies are "canon"

How is this any different to one of those shitty fan movies on Youtube, with some fat neckbeard in his backyard as Solo's son? Why do you people accept Force Awakens as canon, yet the creator himself who is still alive had literally nothing to do with them?
>>
>>63436297
You're absolutely right, anon. I've made a terrible mistake and will think very hard about it so as not to repeat it.
>>
>>63436297
George Lucas' involvement in the creative process of the original trilogy was much lesser than he leads people to believe, and he has shown time and time again that he doesn't understand the characters or the universe. Why the fuck do people still apologize for him?
>>
>>63436297
"canon" is just a buzzword and kike tactic to get nerds to buy more shit

why can't you autists either just enjoy something or not enjoy something?
>>
>>63436297
Because George Lucas sold it to Disney
>>
>>63436297
Because he sold the rights.Disney chooses what is canon, it's that simple they own the star wars universe.
>>
>>63436297

>people actually WANT Luuke and Luuuke to be canon
>people actually WANT order 66 cookies and stormtrooper TK-555 to be canon

How the fuck are people so autistic? EU star wars is unbelievably shit, how can people defend it while criticising the prequels?
>>
>>63436297
>Even the shitty EU novels and video games was under his direct supervision
That's actually not true. George was more or less content to let the EU authors do whatever they wanted with his property as long as they recognized that he had the right to decanonize anything they said the next time he made a movie. People like Leland Chee were hired to make something sensible out of the Star Wars "canon". Meanwhile, George Lucas just ignored everything not made by himself.

When George did have involvement in the EU, like with the Force Unleashed game or TCW series, it was a selling point. When he borrowed something from the EU, like the name "Coruscant" (coined by Timothy Zahn for the Thrawn trilogy), it was news.
>>
File: 1446071619018.jpg (3 MB, 3975x3056) Image search: [Google]
1446071619018.jpg
3 MB, 3975x3056
The new Disney canon has been surprisingly good so far (books, comics, Rebels).

I am honestly optimistic about TFA.
>>
>>63436297

I need to see the movie first to determine rather it will be a shitty part of my head canon or a piece of horse shit I'll forget about in a week.
>>
>>63436766

Rebels has been good?

Books like Lost Stars have been good?
>>
>>63436766
I am honestly ashamed to admit that Rebels is good.

Even Ezra is okay.
>>
>>63436766

>darth vader on tattooine
>never senses the presence of anyone else who can use the force
>never checks on his old home and inadvertently finds out luke skywalker exists
>>
>>63436766
Hera best grill.
>>
>>63436766
'sup JJ shill.
>>
Lucas is a talentless hack and understands nothing about the universe he """"created"""" (hint: it's the collective contribution of literally everyone else involved in the movies' production that made Star Wars as it is)
>>
>>63436462

Luuuke was never canon. He was a joke.
>>
>>63440498

What about Luuke?
>>
>>63436297
George put the lucasfilm story group in charge what is and isn't canon in the universe and Disney has left them alone to do their work

Disney fills out the check and jj Abrams just tells people were to go for the shots all the story decisions are made within Lucas films
>>
Laaaaaaaaaaaaando
>>
>>63436297
>How is this any different to one of those shitty fan movies on Youtube, with some fat neckbeard in his backyard as Solo's son? Why do you people accept Force Awakens as canon, yet the creator himself who is still alive had literally nothing to do with them?

Because they actually own the rights now so decide what happens? Because they're able to make multi million dollar movies about it?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.