[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's have a Best Fathers thread. Pic extremely related /thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 13
Let's have a Best Fathers thread.
Pic extremely related
/thread
>>
>Spoils his kids, doesn't understand why they act like brats
>Cheats on his wife, doesn't understand why she resents him
>Bullies his employees, can't figure why they aren't loyal to him

Yup, sounds like your average American father.
>>
>>63429210
GOOD MORNING USA
>>
>>63429210
actually that's just psychopathic behavior because tony is, after all, a psychopath
>>
>>63429210
I think he understands, he's just upset about it. But fuck changing, that's the big joke, he's in therapy to change and he never does because it goes to some new scary place where he might not like/be in control.
>>
File: who brought the eggplant.jpg (37 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
who brought the eggplant.jpg
37 KB, 1280x720
>tfw daughter is a coalburner
>tfw if Paulie finds out he is gonna have a field day
>>
File: Bob.jpg (17 KB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
Bob.jpg
17 KB, 288x288
>never hugs his kids
>puts them at risk through second hand smoke
>subjects his family to financial strain because he can't keep his dick in his pants making there more mouths to feed
Fuck Bob.
>>
>>63429210

They were definitely spoiled but Carmela did raise an interesting point about Meadow though since she's an Ivy League grad on her way to becoming a doctor or lawyer while AJ has accomplished nothing in life coming from the same upbringing.
>>
File: large_breaking-bad-over.jpg (33 KB, 453x299) Image search: [Google]
large_breaking-bad-over.jpg
33 KB, 453x299
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 600x300
>>
>>63429373

He was totally right about him too.

Little Jew nigger hybrid dumped Meadow after he got tired of fucking her and got embarrassed in front of his father when he realized that Meadow's father was probably a mobster.
>>
File: EddardStark.jpg (99 KB, 346x563) Image search: [Google]
EddardStark.jpg
99 KB, 346x563
Tony is actually a good Dad which is one of his few redeeming qualities. Aj is just a major fuck up.

My nomination is pic related.
>>
>>63429210

But Chrissy was loyle to his capo

>can spell beautiful
>can't spell loyal
>>
>>63427888
my dad is a pretty great dad tbqh family
>>
>>63429542
Is he cute?
>>
>>63427888
>tfw just saw the episode where AJ is tested for ADD
>that father son bonding when Tony makes him a sundae
>>
File: VEGETARIANS.png (261 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
VEGETARIANS.png
261 KB, 500x375
Y'all serious? Come on now.
>>
File: Cartoon Dads.png (316 KB, 1010x400) Image search: [Google]
Cartoon Dads.png
316 KB, 1010x400
>>63430651
I have to be the only one on the planet who can't stand Hank. He's admittedly not as close minded as Peggy, but he's trying. The universe bends over backwards to make him correct.
>>
File: 7847868467.jpg (194 KB, 750x563) Image search: [Google]
7847868467.jpg
194 KB, 750x563
>>63427888
>>
>>63430771
Randy is the best of the 4
>>
Can we talk about why people seem to like The Test Dream and the Kevin Finnerty shit?
Do you REALLY think there's a hidden meaning in this stuff that you have to figure out?
>>
>>63431575
You can't "figure it out" because Sopranos doesn't operate as a puzzle with a singular fixed meaning to every little thing. That's why people who crazily look for clues/foreshadowing to justify why their stance on the ending is the only one that matters, miss the point of the show. The Test Dream and Kevin Finnerty episodes are masterpieces imo, the former captures the rhythm of dreams better than almost anything else in its quiet wrongness rather than the over-the-top stuff in other shows. Kevin Finnerty captured the feeling of isolation and existential despair perfectly. The hospital scenes were so authentic in capturing the disorienting atmosphere when a close relative's life is in danger and the hospital becomes a temporary home for those involved.
>>
>>63429489

>can't control his woman
>brings Sansa and Arya into court despite the fact that he could have left Arya at Winterfell
>delivers Sansa to a psycho
>gets himself killed in King's Landing which basically orphans Arya and gets Robb killed in the end
>dumped Jon at the wall without informing him what it really was like inb4 Ned wasn't Jon's dad, even so he was the only father figure Jon had
>>
File: d234234.jpg (79 KB, 596x650) Image search: [Google]
d234234.jpg
79 KB, 596x650
>>63429318
no. tone is a sociopath.

psychos are people who feel little to no emotion, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're clueless about how normal people behave. think dubsguy or no country for old men

In fact psychos usually understand human behavior so well, they can blend in with regular society just fine, hold jobs, etc etc. Sociopaths are more impulsive, have trouble bonding with people etc
>>
>>63433123
Tony doesn't display enough symptoms to be a real sociopath. He really does love and care for other people and things. A man not blubbering to his kids and wife that he loves them is fucking normal. You keep that shit in therapy, pay her to keep quiet about it.
>>
>>63432493
>The hospital scenes were so authentic in capturing the disorienting atmosphere when a close relative's life is in danger and the hospital becomes a temporary home for those involved
>that cold empty feeling when you can relate.

The Sopranos was so authentic in the way it perfectly captured so many elements of real life.
>>
>>63433770
that's why it's a dumb/bad show. i watch it for mob stuff that doesn't happen in IRL
i can go see my grnadma in the hospital if i want realism
>>
>>63434099
>i watch it for mob stuff that doesn't happen in IRL
>it's a dumb/bad show because there isn't enough mob habbenings
>outting yourself as a plebeian shitposter without provocation
>it's the "lol ur looking too deep into all this symbolism and shit" fail troll whose been plaguing Sopranos threads for the last few weeks

there's plenty of "mob shit" that happens IRL. It's viewers like you that drove Chase insane.

and at least make a trip or something so you can be put on filter where you belong
>>
File: kentitus.jpg (115 KB, 549x418) Image search: [Google]
kentitus.jpg
115 KB, 549x418
>>63427888
Tony was a terrible father. There's a reason his children were such pieces of shit.

Pic related is a good father
>>
>>63433421
hes impulsive, violent, and like the rest of his employees (chrissy especially) they'll do something completely shitty and act surprised when normal people freak out. Sociopathy is usually caused by having a shitty childhood or growing up in a bad environment, just like tony.

Even his therapists said he was. But he clearly loves his family and the way they made his therapist break it off with him was a little hamfisted. Clearly by now she should have known he truly loved his family, because the real reason Tony continued going to therapy was because he would constantly bottle up all his stress and had no one to talk to about it. He might not be a 100% "real" sociopath but it definitely shows
>>
File: 1445915941283.gif (2 MB, 390x300) Image search: [Google]
1445915941283.gif
2 MB, 390x300
>>
File: JUST.png (372 KB, 577x752) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
372 KB, 577x752
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.