[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>See The Force Awakens >'A long time ago in a galaxy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: x.jpg (21 KB, 597x309) Image search: [Google]
x.jpg
21 KB, 597x309
>See The Force Awakens
>'A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...'
>STAR WARS logo appears as usual
>followed by pic related

wat do?
>>
>>63426745
applaud like a true american patriot
>>
>>63426745
420 BLAZE IT
>>
>>63426745
>laughs uncontrollably
>>
Scream AUTISTS after the applause dies down.
>>
whisper "this is reddit this is memes" under my breath
>>
>>63426745
Read it aloud in the theatre
>>
>episode x
>>
>x.peng
>Episode X

I'm guessing this was OP's point, which makes me wonder:

How did general audiences react to Star Wars being re-released with "Episode IV" in the opening crawl? Or The Empire Strikes Back being "Episode V" a few months later?

I mean, they were the first and second film. Was calling them 4 and 5 confusing? Exciting? Did people in the 70s/80s think there were others?
>>
>>63426745
Aren't they scrapping the moving text because people find it hard to read?

I'm sure I read about it a few months back
>>
C L A P like a real patriot tbvh freedom isn't free
>>
>>63427023

Yeah it was mass confusion. In my showings, patrons took to yelling at the projectionist to no avail, haranguing the ushers, even asking for their money back.
>>
>>63427039

Are you b8? ...You're b8.
>>
>>63426745
I'd bite the head off of my falcon.
>>
>>63427078
I heard one man was so confused, he shouted at a bus.
>>
>>63427078

My uncle was so confused that he took his cock out... Now he can't go near playgrounds anymore.
>>
>>63427023
A few people were taken aback.
One of my friends was like "WTF?? Episode 4???"
There was some murmuring, but people seemed to get over it pretty quick.
>>
>>63426745
We would find about it ahead of time thanks to internet leaks. You would literally have to be at the world premiere in LA
No fun aloud anymore.
>>
>>63427039
They wouldn't dare fuck with the opening. JJ would get lynched.
>>
>>63427023
It was just Star Wars when it was first shown. No subtitle or roman numerals.

After the movies success then Lucas started with the roman numerals and subtitles
>>
>>63427717
>first shown
the post clearly says re-release
>>
>>63427039
I'm not an emotional person, but if they scrap the opening crawl i'd probably be on the verge of tears
>>
>>63427745
True, but he implies that it also took until the re-release for Empire Strikes Back to get the roman numeral 5 in the crawl too, which is incorrect. That one had Episode V back in the crawl right back in 1980.
>>
Probably get slaughtered by an ISIS gunman.
>>
>>63427831
the post doesn't imply that at all.
>>
>>63427914
Try reading maybe?

>How did general audiences react to Star Wars being re-released with "Episode IV" in the opening crawl? Or The Empire Strikes Back being "Episode V" a few months later?

That sentence outright claims that audiences wouldn't have seen the Episode V before
>>
>>63427831
>>63427960

How the hell did you parse my post that way?

There was a re-release of Star Wars with "Episode IV" in the opening crawl.

A few months later came The Empire Strikes Back with "Episode V" in the opening crawl.
>>
>>63427960
what are you smoking
>>
>>63428106
I believe the Star Wars re-release with numerals was after Empire Strikes Back.
>>
>>63428106
Yes, and what I'm saying is that the original theatrical release of Empire had "Episode V" as well. Where the fuck is your reading comprehension?

>>63428131
Retard
>>
>>63428166
You might be right actually.

I just think I read somewhere that they re-released the original Star Wars as Episode IV: A New Hope shortly before releasing The Empire Strikes Back. Which makes sense, because people would want to see the first Star Wars again.
>>
>>63428244
they did, but not until after empire strikes back.
>>
>>63428226
>Yes, and what I'm saying is that the original theatrical release of Empire had "Episode V" as well. Where the fuck is your reading comprehension?

I'm saying exactly that.

Nowhere did I say it was in a re-release.

>Star Wars being re-released with "Episode IV" in the opening crawl
>The Empire Strikes Back being "Episode V"
>>
>>63428226
>I'm saying is that the original theatrical release of Empire had "Episode V" as well.
and that is what the post you replied to also said
again
what are you smoking
>>
...I don't get it. Episode X?
>>
>>63428448
It means we're going to get some pottery in about 30 years.
>>
>>63428448
episode 10
>>
>>63428351
What's to gain from pointing out that he re-release of Empire also had the added text to the crawl if he believed? It is after all being mentioned in the same vein as Star Wars getting the "Episode lV" edition.

Don't be so fucking dense
>>
>>63428906
>What's to gain from pointing out that he re-release of Empire also had the added text to the crawl
the post didn't point that out
>>
File: emperor.jpg (17 KB, 556x504) Image search: [Google]
emperor.jpg
17 KB, 556x504
>>63426745
>not episode iv
Mark my fucking words
>>
>>63427039

I'd consider leaving the theater if they did that shit

srs
>>
>>63427039
That was a troll article. Like bb-8 being a girl.
>>
I would probably scream along with the audience
>>
>>63429034
>put pepperonis on actors eyes
>call him the emperor
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.