[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>this guy has barely any scenes in the new Star Wars He's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 10
File: freebie five 07jan13 01.jpg (43 KB, 493x480) Image search: [Google]
freebie five 07jan13 01.jpg
43 KB, 493x480
>this guy has barely any scenes in the new Star Wars

He's literally the only reason I'd consider watching Star Wars
>>
>>63425311
Nice blogpost.
>>
>>63425311
hello reddit
>>
>implying they'd give good actors the chance to actually show something of worth
Nah
>>
>>63425311
he's one good handsome motherfucker
>>
>He's literally the only reason I'd consider watching Star Wars
If you'd pay to see this CGI franchise shitbuster because of the presence of a heavily marketed meme actor that only only found out about in the last 18 months then you're every bit the brainwashed drone that the people "hype" to see millenium falcon are.
>>
>>63425842
>a heavily marketed meme actor that only only found out about in the last 18 months
I beg your pardon but I saw Inside Llewyn Davis 23 months ago
Also you're retarded and the very reason people hate 4chan
>>
File: oscar-isaac-meet-queue-5.png (2 MB, 1284x856) Image search: [Google]
oscar-isaac-meet-queue-5.png
2 MB, 1284x856
>>63425842
>not having seen him in Agora six years ago

great movie btw.
>>
>tfw he reprograms C3PO to be a sexbot in order to seduce General Hux to get secret imperial plans, but it backfires and he gets captured by Kylo Ren
>>
>>63426394
You're the retard. By falling for the Oscar Isaacs meme you're every bit as bad as the people lining up for the latest Chris Pratt flick. These men are marketing tools, not actors. Inside Llewyn Davis was a hollywood shill job made for the express purpose of creating a new "legitimate" actor to be used in subsequent capeshit releases in order to attract the "film buff" demographic to maximize profits. This happens all the time in hollywood. They pluck out a new star with an inoffensive face from obscurity, put them in an indie shit on the cheap, and bam, they now have "legitimacy" "wow look at this hot new talented actor" appeal and can now be a new "artificial star" to hinge your summer tentpole release on.

It is all fraud, a manipulation. Oscar Isaac is no more an artist, no more a human being even, than the new mcdonalds festive hamburger promotion. He is smoke and mirrors, a light show, a pretend actor.

Exact same career progression is true of all of the shilled meme actors of late. Lawrence, Fassbender, Hardy. By supporting these "lesser known" critical darling you are only enabling the pre-production marketing phase of the capeshit machine.

Isaac is lying to you with his very existence.
>>
File: 1448775083590.jpg (138 KB, 980x1040) Image search: [Google]
1448775083590.jpg
138 KB, 980x1040
>>63427211
>>
>>63428077
Great rebuttal, /v/ crossposting capeshitter.
>>
>>63427211
>u're the retard. By falling for the Oscar Isaacs meme
stopped reading there
>>
>>63425311
He always plays background characters outside of b movies like ex machina.
>>
File: isaac.jpg (117 KB, 1129x531) Image search: [Google]
isaac.jpg
117 KB, 1129x531
>>63425311
>goes from playing suave starfighter to ancient Egyptian mutant

This guy is the definition of an actor. He can play so many different roles so well.
>>
>>63428454
All he deserves no matter how hard hollywood pushes him by making phony prestige vehicles for him like A Most Violent Year.

A role like his one in Drive is what he is suited to. This man shouldn't be given anything above "brown man who gets shot 15 minutes after appearing" type roles.
>>
>>63427211
>>63428561
I'm guessing you're the same guy?
>>
>>63428505
Yep, waiting for the eventual Scarface remake with Oscar Isaac as Tony Montana
>>
gotta secure that screentime for space dindu and mouse girl plus angsty discount store revan

also can't forget about brienne of tarth with a laser gun, and new jar-jar
>>
>>63425842
>then you're every bit the brainwashed drone that the people "hype" to see millenium falcon are.
This doesn't make sense. Being "hype" to see a key element of the Star Wars franchise in a Star Wars movie doesn't mean your brainwashed. Unless of course you'll agree that being hype for anything means you've been brainwashed. Just as much as you've been brainwashed into posting on 4chan.

On the other hand, being excited to see an actor you like play a bit part in a movie you otherwise have no interest in? That's pretty ridiculous.
>>
>>63427211
Holy shit, you need to stop taking everything so seriously and realize when people are just fucking with you. This is 4chan m8. Not reddit. Typing a novel and acting like an autist won't do you any good.
>>
>>63425842
>you're every bit the brainwashed drone that the people "hype" to see millenium falcon are.
Yeah because being excited by something means you're brainwashed. Get the fuck off here until you're 18 you edgy middleschooler fuck.
>>
>>63428686
Star Wars was the artistic genocide of mainstream film. You'd absolutely need to be brainwashed to have any fondness for any of this toy commercial series. If you have an affinity for the millenium falcon then you may as well have an affinity for corporate logos.
>>
>>63428816
>Get the fuck off here until you're 18 you edgy middleschooler fuck.
I am certainly older than you are if you're defending fucking Star Wars. Any adult who has ever enjoyed this franchise is underage in sensibility.
>>
>>63428916
Reddit is only a symptom of male castration. You should be blaming the jews.
>>
>>63425311

You want to watch Star Wars because of some Mexican cunt?

Go visit an ICE detention centre, for free. Plenty of Mexicans there.
>>
>>63428916
>agreeing that someone is a good actor is now obsessing/fawning
Fuck off, you're the one who is from reddit.
>>
>>63428916
My post literally had nothing to do with the actor. Not gonna point out which one, it doesn't matter. What matters is you're a fucking retard who can't read.
>>
>>63428993

A "good actor" is simply a marketing tool used by high net worth individuals aka the Jews, to multiply their fortunes on the backs of dim-witted, feminized schmucks like you.
>>
File: Ah_000621_565910.jpg (27 KB, 367x451) Image search: [Google]
Ah_000621_565910.jpg
27 KB, 367x451
>>63428993
>>63429065
QQ more betakuck
>>
>>63428993
If the actor in question is a forced reddit meme heralded by the fedora tipper crowd then yes, it absolutely is reddit to defend him under any circumstances.

I watched Show Me a Hero, Ex Machina, A Most Violent Year, Drive, Two Faces Of January and Inside Llewyn Davis and the man is just a meme, trust me. I have a lot of acting experience and I can tell you he has no talent. Just another shill job.
>>
>>63428823
You are stupid. Do you know that?
>>
>>63427211
This guy sounds like a literal autist but his words make sense tbqh
>>
File: 1434577007360.jpg (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1434577007360.jpg
25 KB, 400x400
>>63429125
>>
>>63429145
You are so far removed from the fabric of existence everything you say is both untrue and insanely retarded. You're spamming this thread with your insane drivel. I hope all of your posts get deleted and we can go on having a nice thread and forget that cancerous autists like you ever existed
>>
>>63427211

...and new pasta is born!
>>
>>63429130
>dumbass makes retard mistake
>someone points it out
>LOL CRY ABOUT IT FAGGOT
fucking 4chan
>>
>>63429169
No he doesn't make sense. He's insane.
>>
>>63429223
>I hope all of your posts get deleted and we can go on having a nice thread and forget that cancerous autists like you ever existed
>I WANT ALL DISSENTING VOICES REMOVED FROM /TV/ SO MY VIEWS WILL FOREVER GO UNCHALLENGED AND THE CIRCLE JERK CAN REIGN SUPREME.

I think Reddit is the place for you. You won't be downvoting anybody into silence here.
>>
File: boris4.jpg (86 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
boris4.jpg
86 KB, 500x213
>>63429258
>whining
>fucking 4chan
GO BACK! TO REDDIT!
>>
>>63427211
FUCKING
DESTROYED
>>
>>63429152
If you support Star Wars then you're either stupid or have so little respect for the medium that there is literally no reason for you to be here.
>>
>>63425311
Why does /tv/ has a boner for this guy?
>>
OUTER
>>
>>63429371
>so little respect for the medium
Star Wars is considered a great and classic film. It was nominated for best picture and won several other oscars. It's critically acclaimed and will go down in history as a classic.

Many critics and others consider Empire Strikes Back to be even better.

Anon on Korean weeaboo board says it's shit and a poor film.

Who should we believe senpai?
>>
>>63429385
Because the trendy internet liberal opinion machine has conditioned them into doing so. Thank you reddit and rotten tomatoes.
>>
>>63429304
I only want to censor actual autists. People like you are a plague amongst normal conversation. Your ideas are not equal. Your posts are not worthy to be read by anyone. You cannot contribute positively in anything you do. I want you and others like you to go away forever. If you were capable of having a normal dissenting opinion we wouldn't be having this conversation
>>
>>63427211
Do you like to stick your fingers up your butt and smell them too?
>>
>>63429445
Everything you have posted is a meme. The irony is that your incomprehensive contrarian nature actually makes you less of an independent mind than those you pretend to be better than
>>
File: 1449505011442.webm (3 MB, 1278x522) Image search: [Google]
1449505011442.webm
3 MB, 1278x522
>>63429385
He knows how to tear up the dance floor.

And act, I guess.
>>
>>63429385
Flavor of the month "meme" praise
Some others you might remember:
>bale
>goose
>hardy
>fassbinder
>cruise
>pratt for some until your opinions were changed
>reeves
>gyllenhall
>mikkelsen
>phoenix
>rockwell
>shannon
>>
>>63429434
>Star Wars is considered a great and classic film.
It is heralded as a classic by the fanboy artistic infants who paved the way to the toy commercial franchise driven wasteland that we face today.

With Star Wars mainstream cinema died as a medium for art and the stepping stone to the capeshit apocalypse was laid in place.
>>
>>63429434
>Many critics and others consider Empire Strikes Back to be even better
Not until the manchildren became critics actually
It was mixed when the movie came out
>>
>>63429527
>It is heralded as a classic by the fanboy artistic infants who paved the way to the toy commercial franchise driven wasteland that we face today.
Yeah sure. Also considered a classic by film critics and film experts. Did you even read my post or do you just like to cherry pick and ignore stuff you don't like? This isn't grade school you can't do that anymore.
>>
>>63428916
>2015
>not fawning over oscar "cockmonster" isaac
gtfo and go back to reddit, faggot
>>
>>63429450
>I want you and others like you to go away forever.
Then go elsewhere, I am the purest distillation of the authentic /tv/ sensibilities. If you take issue with my post then you'd be more at home on a different webside. This is a medium built on autism. If you want the mainstream friendly redditized version of film discourse then you know where to go.
>>
>>63429527
Objectively wrong. Care to say anything other than autistic memes? If you were having this conversation in real life or writing an article for Forbes, how would you put this? Oh wait there is no other way because your entire existence is a worthless false sense of superiority for thinking that you're good at watching movies. You are so pathetic that not only is your reason for living a menial and shallow one, you are so bad at it the only product is heavily processed empty memes and bullshit. I know you have the loaded gun in your room. Pull the trigger.
>>
>>63429587
>considered a classic by film critics and film experts
So does that make it good then? Because other people say so? Why not think for yourself?
>>
File: 10 over 10.gif (741 KB, 255x192) Image search: [Google]
10 over 10.gif
741 KB, 255x192
>>63429624
>>
>>63429630
That's not the fucking point man. This guy is acting like Star Wars is some piece of shit that only kids and autistic manchildren like when in fact it has a lot of respect in the film community, especially the first two.
>>
>>63429624
Oh Jesus christ Holy shit, I've argued with you before. I say again, adopt a trip. Your ass backwards autism helps no one and in fact has done nothing but contribute to the downfall of /tv/. You're authentic in nothing but the disease which prevents you from having the social privilege to have your thoughts taken seriously
>>
>>63429525
>list of good working actors: the post
Minus Chris Pratt. He actually is a meme actor.
>>
>>63429685
does this mean you agree that boyhood is one of the greatest films of all time?
>>
>>63425311
>this guy has barely any scenes in the new Star Wars
Says who?
>>
>>63429748
Do you not think it was good? Because disliking boyhood and being retarded enough to not understand the 12 years thing makes you look like the idiot. Personally I liked it and thought it was about a 4/5.
>>
>>63429587
>Also considered a classic by film critics and film experts.
Literally every critic or "expert" who has ever praised Star Wars in an enemy of cinema and can not be taken seriously. Before the dawn of the Lucas/Spielberg infantilized shitbuster this was a medium of punishment and suffering. Audiences would turn up in droves to have master auteurs beat and break them, saw off their arms and legs, shove broken glass in their faces, but all that changed in lieu of the feature length toy commercial. Invented by the jews to keep society imprisoned in cages of permanent childhood. With Star Wars culture entered an autistic bondage that it remains trapped within to this very day.

Remember when The French Connection and The Exorcist were box office sensations rather than franchise toyline part 1: the prequel? Remember when they made films for adults? Of course you don't. I've fought Star Wars and its capeshit infantilization of film for my entire adult life. I'd let them all die. Millions of you could burn in front of me and I'd feel zero empathy. You killed art, it's what you get.
>>
>>63427211
>Fassbender, Hardy

Mentioning these two actors kind of knocks your already shitpost down a few pegs. I'll agree Lawrence is jew fodder for the masses and Isaac is overrated. But Hardy, although in some questionable movies/capeshit, is a pretty cool dude and seems to mock the machine you're writing about. Fassbender is all around based.
>>
>>63429748
My posts wouldn't imply that anyway. The idea isn't that the general consensus of film critics must always be right.

It's just that this dipshit can pretend Star Wars is just for morons all he wants, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a highly praised film.
>>
>>63429844
The only one who can't be taken seriously is you. It's pretty funny some anon on /tv/ is so delusional to think he has superior taste to numerous critics.
>>
>>63429844
You are an enemy of cinema and cannot be taken seriously
>>
>>63427211

>actors appear in small movies before appearing in bigger movies

CONSPIRACY
>>
>>63429685
>This guy is acting like Star Wars is some piece of shit that only kids and autistic manchildren like when in fact it has a lot of respect in the film community, especially the first two.
The point is that with the culture shift heralded by star wars, the critical community BECAME kids and autistic manchildren in sensibility. It was an non-neurotypicality ray fired upon the entire cinematic landscape. I can picture the faces of the film scholars contorting upon the viewing of star wars until they eventually reached downs syndrome formation. Then they'd start sticking their tongues out and jabbering while playing with their star wars toys, these once great intellectuals. This is a metaphor, but the infantilization is real. Someone needs to enter the theater and put a bullet into every Down's Syndrome's thick retard skull.
>>
>>63429968
But you are the autistic one. Can I put a bullet in your brain?
>>
>>63428916
What?
Men have been obsessed with celebrities for years.
>>
>>63429858
>Fassbender is all around based.
Fassbender has been a complete hack for his entire career. From the early days of counterfitting art with trashman McQueen to his descent into literal franchise capeshit fodder, stopping off at the Tarantino autism tent along the way. He's every bit as bad as Lawrence. This board is just more forgiving to him because he is a shill actor targeted at the 16-28 year old male demographic which makes up most of this board.
>>
>>63425842
>meme
stopped reading right there tbh senpai
>>
>>63429883
>but it doesn't change the fact that it's a highly praised film.
And the fact that something is highly praised doesn't prevent it from being culturally destructive film poison.
>>
>>63429968
>The point is that with the culture shift heralded by star wars, the critical community BECAME kids and autistic manchildren in sensibility.
So then why did the first get the most praise? You're literally arguing that upon viewing Star Wars the critics who liked it went into the movie just fine and came out with severe mental damage.

Kinda like the kind you must have to actually make that kind of assertion.

Protip: If you're going to post under the guise that you're really smart and superior, think a little before you shitpost.
>>
>>63430135
>culturally destructive film poison.
But usually the stuff that is "culturally destructive" is something good.

Kinda like how Nirvana and Pearl Jam were great in the early 90s. And the bands they influenced were Creed and Nickelback... pure shit.
>>
>>63429939
>Small movies in question only being made as a marketing front for the bigger movies being used to keep the white race infantilized and docile
Yes it's a conspiracy.
>>
>>63430140
>You're literally arguing that upon viewing Star Wars the critics who liked it went into the movie just fine and came out with severe mental damage.
In regards to cinematic sensibility this is exactly what happened.
>>
>>63430289
Perhaps that's what happened to your cinematic sensibility when you started posting on /tv/
>>
wait i thought isaac was a decent actor? he didnt have a big role in drive but it was pretty solid mexican or whatever the hell it was
fassbender i also liked him in shame (didnt see hunger) and the roles he had in 300/inglorious basterd were really short
whats a good actor then?
i can only think of viggo right now
>>
>>63430347
Paul Dano is a good actor.
>>
>>63430381
classic
>>
>>63430289
You autistic
Everyone stop arguing with him and just remind him if how worthless his thoughts are
>>
>>63428916

>2015
>the year male dominance died
>not having a male role model to save you from the fucking gay ass feminist shit

enjoy being keked by niggers because you're too beta to be a man, faggot
>>
>>63430387
If you want to silence the people who disagree with you I know of some other site with a better implemented downvoting system.
>>
>>63429742
He wasn't asking if they're good actors or not
>>
>>63430450
>he says while worshipping a mudrace degenerate
>>
>>63425311
fag pleb
>>
>>63430465
You are autistic. The egalitarian nature of 4chan and the greatness it brings only applies to the neurotypical
>>
>>63429450
Hes is REALLY not that good,its one of those times where the actors agent is amazing and the actor is mediocre just like his ginger fuck buddy from deus ex.
>>
>>63430715
I wouldn't mind someone explaining to me their opinion on why a celebrated actor/director/movie is not as great as everyone else says they are. I have a few of my own opinions like that. What I mind is autism because it ruins fucking everything.
>>
>>63430715
ex machina*
>>63430775
He is the only one i "hate" aside from obvious shit like channing tatum and that is because issac is spammed on here as one of the greatest actors working when to me he hasnt shown much range at all and he always has the same god damned expression but his pressence in movies isnt offense like his ginger fuck buddy who has absolutely zero range and people arent complaining about him because he is in well written movies like frank.
>>
>>63430775
>I wouldn't mind someone explaining to me their opinion on why a celebrated actor/director/movie
Reminder the the appeal to authority is the definitive damnation of whatever it is you're defending. We live in a world of fraud where literally every aspect of society is controlled to pull the whool over our eyes and keep us complacent while we are subject to cultural extermination. What is "celebrated" in a system where the jew controls every level of the media and the discussion around it means jack shit. Every celebration is charged with hidden agenda. General rule of thumb is that if some figure or work gets heavily championed then there is some nefarious purpose that may or may not be immediately perceptible. If the didn't stand to gain something at our expense (and it is ALWAYS at our expense) then what would be the jew's motivation for pushing it?
>>
>>63431010
You are autistic.
>>
>>63430976
on a side note i think ginger fuck (gf) is going to be super hammy in star wars and that will be the only way he wins me over just like eddie redmayne in jupiter ascending.
>>
>>63431111
You like meme actors,we can't all be perfect.
>>
>>63431112
Nice, I actually share that sentiment about Jupiter Ascending. That movie got shit on way too hard. It was easily better and more imaginative than any marvel movie I've ever seen and honestly any Hollywood action film in years until Fury Road came out
>>
>>63430088
M8 you made no valid argument here, listing Fassbender's filmography and calling him a shill actor does not tell me why he isn't a talented actor.
>>
>>63431206
>you made no valid argument
And neither have you.
>>
>>63431163
I didn't like it as a whole but it definitely had a lot of interesting aspects and i wouldn't have minded seeing a trilogy.
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.