[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Rocky ever even reach his full potential? When it was crunch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Rocky.jpg (53 KB, 650x437) Image search: [Google]
Rocky.jpg
53 KB, 650x437
Did Rocky ever even reach his full potential?
When it was crunch time he always seemed to resort to some half-assed budget training techniques, even when he had much better options available.
Imagine what he could have been with Drago's training.
>>
>>63424719
He would've lost because drago didn't train with heart. If he had trained like that it wouldn't have meant anything to him. His whole existence focused on whether or not he, by himself, could push himself to his limit and defeat himself. Without heart it wouldn't matter how hard he trained or what kind of training he did. It also wouldn't have mattered if he won because it would've been an empty victory. Did you even watch the movies, you sterno bum ?
>>
Anything after Rocky 1 is a non-canon cash grab meme flick desu.
>>
No. The whole point of Rocky is that he was already near the end of his prime in the first movie. He was 30, the fight with Apollo was his last chance. If he had top-level training right from the beginning, he probably could have been a much more successful champion.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 400x325) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 400x325
>>63424719

I think the better question is, if Rocky and Adrian are Autists. I rewatched the original and holy shit. The mother fuckers are ackward as hell.
>>
>>63426601
Rocky legitimately seems retarded in the first two movies. He must have magically had a brain transplant between 2 and 3 with his prize money.
>>
>>63426656
Considering there was a fucking robot in rocky 4, that probably isn't too far off
>>
>>63426531
this tbqhwyf(f)
>>
File: 1446859843304.png (50 KB, 166x166) Image search: [Google]
1446859843304.png
50 KB, 166x166
>>63426601
Rocky would be crucified today for that scene where he and Adrian first hook up. Backing her into a corner while she says no the entire time. Good lord.
>>
>>63426601
I rewatched Rocky the other day and honestly found Rocky was much less autistic than I expected him to be. He's just dumb, but he doesn't get very socially uncomfortable or anything.

Adrian is much closer to "autistic" but I think she just had kinda like battered wife syndrome from all the abuse Paulie dishes at her. Once her relationship with Rocky helps her get over some of her baggage and get out of Paulie's shadow she turns out to be a strong-willed, confident person
>>
>>63426601
Rocky was the boxer with brain damage with the heart of gold, Adrian was just an awkward, timid shut-in.
>>
>>63426829
Watched it again for the first time in years after seeing Creed and thought the same thing
>>
>>63426829
Hello reddit. Watched this movie for the first time this year and that scene was the surprise highlight of the entire film. I literally stood up and cheered. This would never happen today in the age of the castrated male but once upon a time mainstream cinema was redpilled as fuck and it was beautiful.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.