[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Mr. Robots plan was to remove all debt in the world by destroying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: hackerman.jpg (58 KB, 540x531) Image search: [Google]
hackerman.jpg
58 KB, 540x531
So Mr. Robots plan was to remove all debt in the world by destroying the digital data and all physical back ups of the so called E-Corp that apparently is the only place that documents this stuff.

I wonder, what kind of firm is E-Corp supposed to be that it´s the only place to have all of the financial data of the world. What would be the real world equivalent? I suppose every bank and corporation takes care of their own data themselves which makes the whole concept of the hack a fairy tale.

And what exactly would be happening when all debt is removed? What would be happening to normal citizens?
>>
>>63422676
So the plot to Live Free Or Die Hard?
>>
>>63422676
You must be fun at parties
>>
File: portia quadrupleday.jpg (208 KB, 959x587) Image search: [Google]
portia quadrupleday.jpg
208 KB, 959x587
>>63422676

Just remember who best girl is
>>
>>63422705
Or Fight Club.
>>
the series is a mix between figh club, identity and hackers

so it's no suprise it's edgy unoriginal shit that sucks.
>>
>>63423042
this, it's LITERALLY fight club + reddit + american psycho + drive + 4chan
>>
File: shadowrun_hacking.png (18 KB, 640x468) Image search: [Google]
shadowrun_hacking.png
18 KB, 640x468
>>63422676
Anybody remember hacking in Shadowrun? They should've made a series based on that instead of this gay shit.
>>
>>63422737
I like the show, I just didn´t understand the whole "instant financial crisis" thing. It seems like the show was a character piece first and about hacker culture and world revolution second and the way they set up the great hacking plan was really lazy. I think it was episode 4 where they were all like "we can´t do this anymore, they are actually doing a third to seventh back up now" (when in the real world there would probably be hundreds of them at any given minute and in episode 6 they were suddenly like "lol those idiots linked all their thermostats to the same program, we just need to push the button". It´s really half-assed and I wonder where the show is going to in a future season, they surely can´t pull any more split personalities out of Pepeman but I also don´t think that they actually gave a shit about their hacker plot aside from asking an intern about some details so Gawker sites can write shill articles about the "attention to detail".
>>
>>63422676
There is absolutely no way to delete all the debt data in the world in one swipe, you're right. Also, why is debt bad? Like, it's a major basis for the economy. If lenders thought that all their loans could be randomly erased by some jerkoff hacker they would restrict lending so much that the economy would be forever constricted.
>>
>>63422676
Did you actually watch the show at all?

They had their main servers which Elliott had access to from working for that one company.

There were back-up servers in China that that other hacker had to deal with.

There were back-up servers in the underground data center which then got copied to a bunch of other data centers.

This is also like half the plot, how the fuck did you miss it?
>>
>>63423068
I remember being nothing like the pic you posted desu, just some squares and you trying to figure out a way out of a maze with invisible walls
>>
File: snes.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
snes.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>63423379
That was the SNES version. Kinda liked that one better,t︂b︂︂h. Lightning just seemed more exciting.
>>
>>63423316
I got that but 9 copies of all the financial data of the world? Shouldn´t there be hundreds of them and shouldn´t the banks and corporations themselves back up their data instead of handing everything over to a single corp? A bit too silly for me, I just want a better explanation or know what Esmail thought about when he wrote that but if there isn´t one I can live without it.

>>63423210
Yeah, banks only keep a small fraction of the money people put into their accounts. If records of debt were removed banks would lose most of their money and nobody would have money anymore. It was implied to be a stupid plan in the show a bit but not really that well explored which I actually hoped for.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.