[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone actually like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: house.jpg (57 KB, 513x755) Image search: [Google]
house.jpg
57 KB, 513x755
Does anyone actually like this?
>>
>>63416559
roasties
>>
>>63416559
Y-yes, so what?
>>
>>63416632
Don't get the appeal, it's extremely repetitive.
>>
pretty good for waifus. Carmen is top tier
>>
>>63416559
no
>>
>>63416672
You need to understand that TV shows, once upon a time, came out weekly so people had 7 days between episodes. If things weren't repetitive people got mad that they missed an episode or things were changing too fast.
The decision to make a show follow a formula comes from years of market research and focus testing that, at the time, showed that method as being the most profitable.
>>
It's okay. I watched through it while playing old games on my JXD.
>>
It was good for the first three seasons.

After that...
>>
i actually love the whole series, and understand that is probably a worrying sign about my mental health
>>
File: 1388871974438.jpg (25 KB, 290x286) Image search: [Google]
1388871974438.jpg
25 KB, 290x286
>no "Foreman M.D." sequel series
>no "Chaser" spin off with Chase as a highly sought out F1 field medic
>>
>>63416841
After that it got better. The best seasons of house were the last three when they focused on the character development instead of the medical mysteries which were tired by that point.

Season 5 was hot ass garbage though. And Charlene Yi almost ruins every scene she's in but House as a character had some of his strongest moments in the later seasons.
>>
>>63416980
>The best seasons of house were the last three when they focused on the character development instead of the medical mysteries

Oh you mean all of that character development that went nowhere?

>Cameron married Chase, then leaves forever
>House dates Cuddy, then they break up and she leaves forever
>Chase moves on with his life but then ends up being on House's team again because reasons
>And Thirteen leaves randomly in the middle of the season because Tron
>Theres this weird autistic girl who shows up for a season and leaves after crying a lot
>And like this asian girl with issues who works for House when his office is a closet, or something
>And theres this new hot girl, because House always has to have a hot girl
>Wilson gets cancer and House turns over a new leaf for the 800th time and the series just stops short of showing him relapse for the 800th time.

Desperate boring repetitive shit.

The first three seasons still had the novelty of the medical mystery, still had freshness to the characters and still had something to do. The series ending with his whole team disbanding and House resigning himself to misery forever would have been perfect. Instead we needed hallucinations and a mental hospital and jail and faking his own death.
>>
>>63416559

House is just like The Office US

They're literally perfect shows as long as you erase the last seasons from memory.
>>
If you're from the UK or Ireland and you're older than 25, it's near impossible to like this show as you know it's a waste of Hugh Laurie's significant talent.

It's poorly written, predictable, trite and ostensibly unsentimental.
>>
>>63417303
when to stop watching house?
>>
>>63417436
Only the first three seasons are truly good. Most of season 4 is garbage because of the writers' strike. Five is alright, six is worse, and nothing past that is worth your time
>>
It's enjoyable until you realize every episode is the same. Scrubs did a much better job at mixing it up.
>>
i liked the characters
>>
>>63416980
>>63417257
>Not recognizing S04 as the best season.
>>
The series started pretty good. Medical mysteries, characters that worked well with eachother and created a sort of team balance, and the occasional peak into House's life to get to know him.

Then the show starts becoming more about how quirky and fun house is and how he can literally get away with everything because he's house. Still some cool mysteries here and there.

Then it pretty much becomes all about trying to develop characters with the patient becoming a sideplot and only used to give one of the staff something to relate to.

I swear, the only good character in the entire series was chase. He started off being an annoying entitled rich boy who would kiss ass and do whatever it takes to keep his job including ratting his boss out. Then he becomes a more mature surgeon, then back to the team where he willingly kills a man and struggles with the guilt, eventually losing his wife.and then he eventually becomes the new head of diagnostics.

The show should have ended with house checking into Mayfield after finally admitting that he needs help. Everything after that was pointless fanservice.
>>
>>63416680
>Carmen

She was so cute in her brunette hair. I hated that House didn't piledrive her

>>63417257
>Theres this weird autistic girl who shows up for a season and leaves after crying a lot

Masters was fucking awesome. She didn't stay any longer than she needed to which was for the best. Her last episode was hilarious.
>>
>>63416559
Yes, first few seasons are GOAT. Last few seasons are okay.
>>
File: 0.jpg (163 KB, 1024x578) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
163 KB, 1024x578
>>63416672
Yes, it's called a procedural show. There is nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>63418849
Original Law & Order is GOAT procedural drama. Criminal Intent wasn't bad either.
>>
>>63418790
What did happen in the end?
>>
>>63418978
House and Wilson (terminally ill) ride off into the sunset on motorcycles. I shit you not.
>>
File: 1435179276130.jpg (104 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1435179276130.jpg
104 KB, 720x720
>>63419025
I'm reading about the last episode now. Wow.

Last time I saw House, they killed some African dicator, or at least that's the last event I clearly remember.
>>
once you've seen 1 episode you've seen them all except the season finales
>>
>>63418790
>I swear, the only good character in the entire series was chase.
>Chase takes House's position in the end

P O E T R Y
>>
LUPUS
U
P
U
A
S
>>
>>63416559

I never found it funny to be honest
>>
>>63418584
Cool thanks
>>
My favorite season was the one where House was tripping balls and hallucinating everything.
>>
>>63419078
Looks like they had more balls than Jason Bourne
>>
>>63417403
What shows or films made him shine, then?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRNMjPdei5Q
>>
File: Flyboy.jpg (24 KB, 720x437) Image search: [Google]
Flyboy.jpg
24 KB, 720x437
>>63419625
He was pretty good in Romero's Dawn of the Dead desu senpai
>>
>>63416912
the show would be boring as hell and would not work at all if not for Hugh Laurie
>>
>>63416841
S4 was the best though. They had the shows formula down but came up with new characters to fit into it and spice things up. Plus that finale.
13 and Taub were best doctors
>>
File: drhouse.png (372 KB, 420x533) Image search: [Google]
drhouse.png
372 KB, 420x533
>guys quick theres something weird with this patient
>ahh yahh gobba m8 get me a cane and som meds and som hookers m8 and ill smart man it up
>>
Another series with could have worked better with half the episode number a year for a half of those years.

Sadly my autism required everything to be watched and I was relieved the series ended.
>>
I've been watching this shit when browsing on my iPad. Just started the third season. It's alright
>>
>>63416559
Scrubs was better
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.