[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>guys in literal suits, need to be CGI renderd BRAVO LUCAS!!!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (603 KB, 2272x1960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
603 KB, 2272x1960
>guys in literal suits, need to be CGI renderd
BRAVO LUCAS!!!!
>>
File: 1380216939105[1].png (1 MB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1380216939105[1].png
1 MB, 1024x1024
>>63415288
It's because they needed so many of them :)

I know they could shot and painted the same guys over and over again, but it's more special this way. I'm not gonna judge you Lucas, I love you.
>>
>>63415288
> ROTS
> they get the dude from AOTC back to play random clone soldiers
> he is playing the guys while wearing a skintight greensuit

I mean, why even bother. Just fucking CGI Temura Morrisson and CGI his voice, who even cares..
>>
>>63415288
>>guys in literal suits, need to be matte painted
>BRAVO LUCAS!!!!
>>
>>63415527
That's different.
The question of CGI Clonetroopers is that they animated and modelled thousands of them.

In the case you showed they literally painted them.

Your case is more like adding more people in post with After Effects instead of modelling the full person in 3D. It still relies on a actual shot(Practical) done before post production not on something that was never there.
>>
The clone troopers were CGI because they all had to be exactly the same height and weight because they were all exactly the same person
>>
>>63415631
Attack of the Clones featured entirely CG battles between troopers and droids with no amount of "practical" camera work. In essence, a moving matte painting.

Adding extra CG people to a practical shot is similar to adding a painting to a practical shot in they both are cheap compared to dressing hundreds of extras. Paintings have stood the test of time, however, while star wars CG is laughably bad.
>>
>>63415925
> use one guy for all of them

They did exactly this for the Oompa Loompas in the Michael jackson version of Charlie and the chcolate factory.
>>
>>63416208
It's easier to just use computers
It's also much more groundbreaking
GL helped push digital technology forward immensely
>>
>>63416024
I think it has more to do with the set being impractical than dressing a hundred guys up.
>>
>>63416232
Dont care, it still looks like its fucking shit.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
>guys in literal suits, need to be CGI renderd

BRAVO JACKSON!!!!
>>
Am I the only one here who doesn't like the clone trooper elbow plates? Those things are impractical and would wobble around anytime you bent your arm.
>>
>>63415399
I want to beat you senseless, until you get some actual goodtaste into your system.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.