[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Wire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: chessfordummies.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
chessfordummies.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
I'm watching the 1st season of The Wire and I just got done watching the episode where DeAngelo teaches the younger kids chess. I was blown away! I had to watch it a couple times to really pick up on it, but did you guys realize that when he was teaching them about the chess pieces, he was really referring to THEM being the pawns! What an incredible metaphor!

It was so deep and meaningful, I am amazed by the symbolism of this.

Do the later seasons continue on with such masterful symbolism? This was truly the pinnacle of storytelling that I have ever seen on a television show, and I think I can confidently say The Wire is the best show ever made without even having seen the entire series.

Also the acting is amazing. Idris Elba and Dominic West do a great job with their Baltimore accents.
>>
>>63411728
>tfw currently watching the entire series
>currently on season 3
>tfw no more tiddies and naked ass after this season

Feels bad nigga.
>>
>>63411728

It was pretty self aware of them actually. I don't think making some profound philosophical statements was their intent.
>>
>>63411728
The point of the scene isn't that he's explaining it to you, the well-educated viewer, but to the kids. And they still don't fully understand that's their purpose in life because they're pawns too wrapped up in their own lives to notice.

Stupid arrogant prick.
>>
ITT: Wirefags desperately try to downplay how hamfisted that scene is and tell you it wasnt that big of a deal while simultaneously trying to tell you how deep the show is.
>>
>be me
>watch the first 3 episodes of the wire
>oh shit, court proceedings
>this show is going to be really interesting
>I love law and order and The West Wing
>get to the hood
>aw fuck are we in for some hollywood ghetto action shit
>D'angelo starts teaching the little ones how to play chess
>realize the crazy allegorical implications of the chess pieces and the gang organization
>realize this show is deep and patrician as fuck
>>
>YO STRING
>>
>>63413343

kek so much this
>>
>>63413435
>YO BEY
>>
>>63413343
lol yea stupid wirefags they should watch a sum better and more refined shows that arnt as obvious with there meatphores so only smart people like us can understnad tehm but they wont becuase their blebs
>>
>>63413168
Yeah, we get it, but it's still hamfisted as fuck though.

"THESE MEN ARE PAWNS"
>>
File: wheres-wallace-at.jpg (198 KB, 462x599) Image search: [Google]
wheres-wallace-at.jpg
198 KB, 462x599
>>63413435
>>
>>63413376
> be me
fuck off to reddit you retard
>>
>there are people who ACTUALLY thought Idris Elba did a good Baltimore accent, let alone an American one
>>
Autism: The Thread
>>
>>63413879
It's not though.
>>
W H E R E
A
L
L
A T
C
E
>>
>>63413917
what stupid people, only real niggas from teh hood know bout that real baltamore accent right bruv
>>
Why do people like this show, its so hand-fisted. Even Breaking Bad was much more subtle with its allegory.
>>
>>63414064

You're not as subtle with your baiting
>>
Brother Mouzone took an otherwise 9/10 show and single handedly dropped it down to 6/10.

That character wake so laughably fake and unrealistic it makes it impossible for wirefags to claim

>muh realism
>muh grittiness

There are other serious flaws in their depiction of life around niggers, but Brother Mouzone is by far the most egregious.
>>
>>63414148
*was
>>
>>63413891
hello reddit
>>
>>63414064
The Wire was written by a fucking journalist and directed by B-movie assistant directors and best boys.
>>
>>63414148
Brother Mouzone was a knight. Its like pottery :^)
>>
>>63414281
>written by a journalalist

that must be why its so hand-fisted then. they should get a real writer and sum professional DOPs then they could make a better show insted of the 5/10 meem show
>>
The wire is the best show ever bar none. Prove me wrong keks.
>>
>>63414013
but his american accent was shit too. baltimore or not.
>>
>>63414418
i bet your a fucking sanders supporter
>>
>>63411728

>replies, everytime, guaranteed

This bait is getting stale
>>
The scene that proves the show is Bunk and McNulty examining a crime scene with no dialog but 'shit'.
>>
>>63412278
Wasn't the point they were making that even with D'Angelo explaining that shit, they didn't get it? Bodie only seems to get it in the end, all theother kids don't seem to really grasp it.
>>
>>63414418
i personally like sopranos better overall, but season 4 of the wire is just beautiful
and no amount of /tv/ memes and shitposting can change that
>>
>>63411728
Are you saying the opposite of what you really think?
>>
>>63414540
it's "fuck" i believe
>>
>>63414148
Wasn't that the point? Guy comes in from another city and he's so different he might as well be from another planet.
>>
Jesus, how new do you have to be to not recognize this pasta?
>>
File: 1444298196887.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1444298196887.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
OP made the same thread yesterday with the filename being "chimpandchess.jpg"
>>
>>63414545
Yes, its called sarcasm. People like myself use it to make a point why we are unable to form a real coherent argument.
>>
>>63414733
>using why instead of because
Stupid fuck
>>
>>63414787
>it was supposed to be when not because
Stupid fuck
>>
File: oreos.jpg (46 KB, 551x358) Image search: [Google]
oreos.jpg
46 KB, 551x358
>tfw I'm from Baltimore
>tfw I have a Baltimore accent that would put any pigtown barfly to shame
>tfw when my father was an extra season 2 at the docks

Baltimore is love. Baltimore is life.
>>
>>63414733
It's actually not sarcasm. Google reveals the first place it was posted was reddit.
>>
>>63414673
this pasta is over 100 years old
>>
>>63414388
>>63414064
baiting this embarrassingly bad
kill yourself senpai
>>
>>63414857
wow were all really impressed over here anon
>>
>>63414857
Do you know Bubbles or Omar? What do you do when bullets start flying?
>>
>>63414857
So you're a Baltimore accent connaisseur.
Tell us, was Idris' and Dominic's accent that bad?
Do you like Baltimore?
>>
>>63415241
They aren't bad at all. Idris' english accent come through at times but West did a good job imo especially considering how strong his regular accent is.

As for living here its great. Outside of West Baltimore (niggertown) Baltimore isn't that bad, I live in canton and have never had any problems with crime or anything like that.
>>
>>63413938
>>
>>63414418
The OP already did, nigger lover.
>>
>>63414543
>season 4

Literally sjw: The season

Season 4 is what every bet wetting suburban cracker says they like best because of

>muh realistic portrayal of da black yoof
>so powerful
>hurr durr, and the main character was barely even in the season!
>a bunch of dusty little niggers running around being niggers is the best show ever made!
>>
>>63415571
>someone keeps saving images of people holding "hello reddit" cards, so they can later post it on 4chan to accuse people of being from reddit
>>
>>63415319
A Baltimore accent makes you sound like a literal retard.

By far the most idiotic accent in the country.

The long hanging Os sound so fucking stupid. Its impossible to listen to a Baltimore accent and not subtract 20 IQ points from the person talking.
>>
File: nation of islam.png (286 KB, 597x357) Image search: [Google]
nation of islam.png
286 KB, 597x357
>>63414148
Yes completely ridiculous how could they ever come up with a character like that so unrealistic :-DD
>>
File: proof.jpg (115 KB, 800x803) Image search: [Google]
proof.jpg
115 KB, 800x803
>>63415863
>>
I know this is pasta, but;

The Wire was made so that niggas from the hood can understabd what's happening as well. The guys who wrote it actually worked in the community and use the show to do something to try to better the lives of the people that live there and make them understand how life works.
>>
>>63415917
Confirmed for never actually talking to these niggers.

I assure you, the cheesy ass dialogue he spoke and the manner in which the niggers in the hood responded to him was total bullshit.

Niggers in the hood tolerate these NoI niggers simply because they are niggers. They are routinely clowed and pimped in the hood and never stick their nose in the criminal activity going on or they would be beat down just like any other geek who got involved with their business.

Just because they dressed him up like one, doesnt mean ANY of the ridiculous shit he said would ever happen in the hood.

Just stay safe in moms basement and pretend The Wire gives you some kind of insight into nigger culture. Just keep believing that.
>>
>>63415241
The only real Baltimore accents that were in the wire were black characters, primarily Snoop. Idris and Dominic had suitably convincing general American accents, but especially in the second season, most of the characters who would have in reality had a particular Baltimore accent that would be very thick had not a hint of it. The polish police chief kind of had it, and I think a bit part bartender, who was probably an actual Baltimore local had it, but otherwise nothing.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.