[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it considered embarrassing to go to the movies all by yourself?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 16
Is it considered embarrassing to go to the movies all by yourself?
>>
>>63411031
Not if you're friends can't stop talking during a whole movie.
>>
>>63411031
Nah if you wanna see a film go fucking see it. I don't see why people make a fuss over people going alone. If you go with people you are just sitting in a dark room not talking to them for 2 hours so its not like you have socialized with them.
>>
I work in the cinema and people go there alone all the time, seriously, its not uncommon at all.
>>
I saw the Peanuts movie with my in-laws and there was a guy there by himself who was muttering and would occasionally yell so I think he was actually autistic but I mean, he still had the wherewithal to go to a movie by himself so at least some of his drivers were updated, ya know?

Anyway, it made all of us really uncomfortable but I think it was because he was so erratic, not because he was by himself.

So if you're seeing a movie by yourself, know it's OK, but the people around you might be keeping close watch to make sure you don't do anything autistic.
>>
A lot of the time I'm the only one there
>>
>almost 2016
>not knowing about the singles policy
it fucking reeks of reddit in here
>>
>>63411031
Who will wash your back in the showers when you go fa.m?
>>
>>63411089
I've gone to the cinema with friends and seen people go alone a lot, nobody says anything to anyone who is alone.
>>
File: 1434533324311s.jpg (3 KB, 112x125) Image search: [Google]
1434533324311s.jpg
3 KB, 112x125
>>63412184
>>
>Not going to the autism friendly screenings in the afternoon so you can masturbate in peace and act retarded if anyone catches you so they don't call the cops

YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF FUCKING AMATEURS!
>>
I had made plans to go to watch The Worlds End with a couple of girls I went to school with. I got ready, smoked a little bit, and then drove to the theater to meet them there. I got there and sat in the theater. There was only a handful of people inside because it was the movies 3rd week.

Turns out the plans were made for the next day and I brainfarted hard. Stayed and watched the movie alone. It was enjoyable and I felt absolutely no embarrassment from being there alone. After it was over and I walked out I felt more depressed than anything else because I didn't have anyone to discuss the movie with afterwards.

So no, it wasn't embarrassing, just lonely.
>>
File: img_48.jpg (104 KB, 556x755) Image search: [Google]
img_48.jpg
104 KB, 556x755
For any of you that are afraid of going alone listen to my tale, and then just go watch your goddamn movie.

>At the mall shopping
>See John Wick is playing
>FUCK, I forgot that was opening today I really want to see it
>Start to think it's weird to go alone but say fuck it and go buy my ticket
>Feeling kind of weird standing alone before the movie so I start up a conversation with a QT theater girl that is sweeping up the hallway into the screening rooms
>We hit it off pretty well
>I go watch my movie and fucking love it
>No anxiety anymore
>On the way out qt theater girl stops me and starts talking to me again
>Asks to exchange numbers
>We end up dating for a pretty long time and still hook up even though we broke up amicably
>Free movie tickets

So just go, maybe something awesome will happen. Picture related it's her putting her terrible uniform on before going in to work.
>>
>>63412454
I don't get this showering in the theatre meme.
Care to elaborate ?
>>
>>63412991
There's nothing to "get"

How else do you think you'd wash all the crab leg residue off without showers?
>>
File: 1381091007400.jpg (250 KB, 724x849) Image search: [Google]
1381091007400.jpg
250 KB, 724x849
>>63412991

>mfw yuros don't shower in the theater before their penis inspection so they can make sure they don't have penis mites so they don't get sent to a genital re education camp

You do realize it's the current year, right?
>>
its kinda off odd too do, yes
in my land people who goes to the films alone are stereotypical thinked being weird
film teathers are social places to be in, if you know?
>>
>>63411031
No because I'm not a pathetic millenial that needs my hand held
>>
'Ridicule is the tribute paid to the genius by the mediocrities.'
- Oscar Wilde
>>
>See film or cinema by yourself
Good
>See movie by yourself
Acceptable, no one will really care, but you don't gain anything from watching it without friends
>see flick by yourself
git gurl, git frinds, or an hero right now.
>>
>went to see Godzilla with friend and his friends
>a guy was by himself behind us
>they proceeded to mercilessly bully him
I thought this was a meme. It was more embarassing to be with those people than to be that guy tho.
>>
I've found going by yourself in the middle of the day is chill. You'll run into a bunch of other guys doing the same thing. It's like a bro get together.
>>
If you feel embarrassed, then yes. If not, then no. Funny how that works.
>>
>>63413046
>current year meme
>dude shower and penis inspection lmao
I'm going to the cinema to watch a film m8, not to get my dick sucked by your mom
>>
No, it's considered embarrassing to post on /tv/. But look at us now. Look at us now.
>>
>>63415949

Then you're missing out faggot.
>>
In a friday, saturday, maybe sunday, yes. In other case, not.
>>
>>63416001
>Going alone on the days when all the normies are taking their dates because they have off from their jobs / school

kek good luck with that, they crucify abnormies for less here.
>>
only if you're going on premiere or to see some teenage comedy/animated movie. Then you're asking for it.
>>
I almost always go to the movies alone... I couldn't give less of a shit, what any feggit thinks about it. I'm there to enjoy the show, not company.
>>
>>63413046
Who is this cock sock
>>
>>63411031
It is a bit, OP, but you can help yourself a little by doing the following things:

>Buy two tickets, tell the cashier you got a date coming, and tell her about how she's like the best girl you ever met
You know, small talk. They will think you're a gentlemen buying the tickets for you date, not a loser watching movies all by yourself

>before the movie starts, take out your cellphone and pretend you're having a conversation with your date
Shit like "Where are you? The movie is about to begin. Come quickly." After you "hang up", set an alarm in 20 minutes

>When the alarm comes, pretend you're answering your phone. If the movie has already started, apologize to whoever is besides you with "Sorry, it's my date!"
Then have a conversation that goes like this "What do you mean you're not coming? Oh, okay, I understand. The movie already started though, so I guess I'll watch by myself, see you at home!"

There, now you can watch the movie alone and nobody will think you're a loser.
>>
File: 1372005577517.jpg (54 KB, 389x366) Image search: [Google]
1372005577517.jpg
54 KB, 389x366
>>63416327
>2015
>Not knowing who Persephone and Typhlosion are
>>
the singles tax at my local cinema has seriously gotten out of control. i can't keep paying 55 dollars just to see some flick.
>>
>>63412955
She looks like quite the QT anon, nice work!
Now tell me, does she shave?
>>
>>63416362

I will think you're an even bigger loser for getting stood up and acting like a faggot.
>>
I've never gone to a movie alone, but not because I'd be embarrassed. I just think it's fun to go with people and I'd feel lonely if I went alone. I wouldn't judge anyone for going alone.
>>
File: 0hov.jpg (36 KB, 420x263) Image search: [Google]
0hov.jpg
36 KB, 420x263
>>63416371
You should be thankful they let your retarded, single ass in to begin with you ungrateful shit. The State Film Bureau here only lets singles attend the mandatory three hour rise and shine reminder to have pride in country and faith in god.
>>
>>63416362
This is honestly the guide on what not to do.

Instead just buy a ticket and see the movie by yourself.
>>
>>63416471
JOEY
>>
File: 1448501533208.jpg (76 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1448501533208.jpg
76 KB, 720x540
>>63416362
That's the most retarded thing I ever read, either everyone will know you're putting it on for their benefit and think you're pathetic for it, or they'll think you actually got stood up and think you're pathetic, on top of thinking you're an ass for answering your phone in the theater.

It sounds like you just pulled that out of your ass thinking it would sound as good to everyone else as it did in your head.
>>
File: CR2tqMvVAAIsBuI.jpg (30 KB, 599x519) Image search: [Google]
CR2tqMvVAAIsBuI.jpg
30 KB, 599x519
>go to buy a movie ticket online
>by myself
>not many free seats, a few here and there
>pick one of the free ones in the best possible spot
>"sorry, you must select a seat at least one space away from another paid seat"

what the fuck? This was the closest thing to a no singles policy I have ever seen.
>>
I have to go to some movies alone because I don't know a single person who would come with me to see the revenant
>>
No, but then I'm not an insecure little shithead.
>>
No many adults go alone bc you reach an age where friends always work schedules don't mesh with yours and/or they just go with their s/o.

If you don't have a gf or bf then you really just go to movies much after 25 or so
>>
>>63411031
At 15 it is because 15 year olds will judge/embarrass anyone over anything to distract from the embarrassment being thrown their way

from about 20 on nobody cares because its a silent solitary activity and a solid way to kill time if you have 3 hours until an appointment or sometimes you don't know anybody with interest in a movie you would like to see. The only reason people see movies in groups is because its fun to discuss what you just saw when you get out of the theater
>>
File: op-all-by-himself-at-the-movies.png (143 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
op-all-by-himself-at-the-movies.png
143 KB, 512x384
>>63411031
>Next time I'm gonna go to the cinema alone.
>Yeah! Babes can't resist a guy who sits alone at the movies.
>Maybe I'll wear a raincoat.
>>
>>63416362
there is nothing more autistic then putting on a whole obvious song and dance out of fear that some stranger you will never see or talk to in your life may think you're weird.
>>
File: img_94.jpg (77 KB, 569x538) Image search: [Google]
img_94.jpg
77 KB, 569x538
>>63416392

She's always been very well kept. Not fully shaved but nicely trimmed downstairs. Best body on a girl I've ever been with too.
>>
>>63416469

Agreed. However, sometimes the movie itself isn't worth even having someone there. Unless it's a flick, you're really just staring silently at the same screen for a while. It's the before and after non-movie socializing and chatting/eating/whatever that makes it fun to watch together, not the movie itself
>>
>>63416794
>that tiny bit of spillover

a bit of abwork and she'd be pretty hot desu
>>
File: 1432499450089.jpg (34 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1432499450089.jpg
34 KB, 300x300
>>63416794
>that girl
>>
>>63416883
>smoking a joint
That seems a little risque for the Muppets, when did they turn into degenerates?
>>
>>63411031
only you can answer that,
do you consider it embarrassing?
>>
File: Don-Draper-Cinema[1].jpg (104 KB, 628x434) Image search: [Google]
Don-Draper-Cinema[1].jpg
104 KB, 628x434
>>63412955
In the past was it acceptable to go to movies alone? My mom once said she did it occasionally when she was younger. Also, every time Don goes to the movies in Mad Men there are people there alone, or is that just what all daytime showings look like?
>>
>>63417313
Ignore the reply to that post
>>
>>63416362
>Buying two tickets
At $10.50 per ticket? No thanks.
>>
>>63417446

>Not going to matinees
>>
I was more embarrassed taking a fat black girl to the movies than going by myself.
>>
File: Imhotep2.jpg (31 KB, 340x387) Image search: [Google]
Imhotep2.jpg
31 KB, 340x387
>>63417313
>mfw I'll never be able to smoke a cigarette during a 2 hour-plus film in the kino and I'll always get ancy during the last half hour or so
>>
>>63412955
>girl
Anon...
>>
>>63411031
No, but it is embarrassing when you hear people "quietly" laugh at you being alone. I tried following that guide that gets posted around, and some dick chad group joked about the setup I had for my pretend date.
>>
>>63417534
This. She wasn't black, though, I'm not THAT desperate.
>>
>>63417601

What? Are you going to try to imply that she was a guy? Nah bro, I'm been over every inch of her body and she's a woman. Better picture here >>63416794
>>
Why would it be embarrassing? The only thing that sucks is that you don't have anyone to discuss the movie with.
>>
>be in high school
>call up a buddy to go see a movie
>"just us two? Dude are you fucking gay?"
>>
>>63417698
She's most likely had genital replacement surgery. It's amazing how realistic they can make artificial vaginas look like these days, but you can always tell by their face.
>>
>>63417786
Why do you mentally ill degenerates always have to push your disgusting perversions on every single thread?
>>
>>63417839
It's just a meme.
>>
>>63415202
>"I am incredibly salty that my peers called me a pretentious fuccboi but if you say anything bad about me that means ur dumb"
>- Oscar 'Shitbox Defiled' Wilde
>>
File: laugh cry face.jpg (8 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
laugh cry face.jpg
8 KB, 160x160
>>63417839
>2015
>not being trans

lmaoing @ your life family
>>
>>63418128
Favourite shitpost of the day mi habuelita
>>
>>63411031
Not at all. Maybe if you're a gigantic faggot.

I do both. I go with friends for casual in the moment movie going.

By myself if I just wanna see the movie or nobody wants to see it with me. Fuck the free world.
>>
>>63411031
No
>>
>>63416794
her face is hella ugly and her glasses don't fit her face.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.