[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How was he so funny?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: images (57).jpg (11 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images (57).jpg
11 KB, 512x288
How was he so funny?
>>
he wasnt
>>
the things he said made people laugh
>>
>>63403877

mad nigro or dave himself detected
>>
>>63403860
he took jokes white people made but couldnt use because they would be hounded to death

then said them in a shouty voice

comedy gold
>>
>>63403877
Always there will be this edgy contrarian fucker.
>>
His show was the best but his stand up wasn't good. Reminds me of Aziz, great on Human Giant but his stand up was dry.
>>
>>63403860
The answer is intelligence.
Also the fact that he quit when he didn't have more to give instead of puting out mediocre shit shows that he is not a dumb guy.
One of the great ones. He will be back.
>>
Get out of here, nigger. Chicken and giblets are over there. These are vegetables.
>>
He wasn't, he was just our PoC comedian when we were young.

He was our Hannibal Buress, someone we look back on and feel embarrassed about liking.
>>
>>63403860
PEDs
>>
HEY BABY
>>
>>63403860
Love or hate him but he was a great story teller more than anything
>>
File: bunny.png (200 KB, 320x310) Image search: [Google]
bunny.png
200 KB, 320x310
>>63404858
>Liked comedy central shit when I was 13
>They all act like whiny bitches now
>>
>>63404858
Speak for yourself, junior.
>>
Probly cause their were at least two other writers including his "friend" Nigel who was a closet racial politics jokester but could never joke about half the shit Dave could say because he was white

Also Charlie Murphy & Donnell Rawlings
>>
God, this thread bums me out.
it was because he was funny. he still is.
I hope you guys respond with a lot of hilarious memes
>>
>>63403860

because he was a self hating black
>>
He had rigor in his comedy. A lot of time, especially black comics take the easy way out to get laughs. In stand up it's real easy to go on stage and talk shit to people in the audience, it's referred to as crowdwork. Dave however largely relied on his set ups, and followed through without making it a lowest common denominator joke that many comedians do.
>>
>>63403860
nope. but Neal Brennan was.
>>
>>63405254
>Charlie Murphy on Black Jesus

Charlie Murphy truly is fucking hilarious. It's just something about the combination of his loud ass raspy voice + him always sounding angry + his face just makes me kek every time. I could honestly just listen to him yell "GET OUT OF HERE NIGGA" over and over and fucking die of laughter. Seriously that nigga's voice was made for comedy.

A perfect example would be that Munsters skit during the 3 episodes they had filmed for Season 3 of Chappelle Show. When he starts scratching his balls next to Charlie Murphy and he starts yelling about scratching his balls over his breakfast. I fucking kek every time.
>>
Don't bust that nut, we'll be right back after these messages.
>>
Hes too racist
>>
>>63403860
Liking Dave Chappelle is such a fucking meme at this point. He's fucking shit, you just have bad taste like every other loser who thinks his run of the mill show was good
>>
Dave's standup>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dave's show

I really don't give a single fuck about his shitty show i just want another special.
>>
>>63404858
>He was our Hannibal Buress
Back the fuck up, Buress has absolutely nothing on Chapelle
>>
File: wayne.jpg (15 KB, 298x199) Image search: [Google]
wayne.jpg
15 KB, 298x199
THE MOMENT I WAKE UP
>>
>>63404583
How was his stand up not great?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZGdC038UTU
>>
File: 1448343245619.jpg (135 KB, 500x328) Image search: [Google]
1448343245619.jpg
135 KB, 500x328
>>63403877
>>63404858
>>63405656
>>
Perfect mix of him and Bill Burr making great comedy together
>>
>>63404583
Are you shitting me?

His show was great but his standup was amaaaaaazing

>that sesame street bit
>>
File: 1448571538535.png (109 KB, 364x422) Image search: [Google]
1448571538535.png
109 KB, 364x422
>>63404858
The b8 was strong, poignant
>>
OP here.

His stand up is better than his sketches.

>HE'S STILL HERE
>BONK
>OPEN AND SHUT CASE, JOHNSON
>>
>>63406350
This was a good watch.
>>
He was a pretty good comedian on his own but there's just something funny about his voice.
>>
Great story teller. Had a GOAT cast on his show and made jokes about literally everyone, blacks included.
>>
>>63406429

>"I've seen this before, this nigger broke in and hung up pictures of his family. Sprinkle some crack on him and let's get out of here."

Always kills me
>>
>>63403860
Because he didn't need to be telling a joke to be funny.
>>
Here's Dave Chappelle remembering the good times. Warning, he looks old as fuck and that's kind of sad, but you can still see a glimmer of what made him great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4SYIfhzMmU
>>
>that genuine cacophonous laughter at this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMw43IcaRvc

Dave was pretty amazing
>>
>>63408089
he looks kind of burned out and shit

was Dave a crackhead at one point, I don't follow celebrity shit
>>
File: That's an ad.png (239 KB, 599x334) Image search: [Google]
That's an ad.png
239 KB, 599x334
>>63404858
Can't tell if bait. I genuinely think people only like Hannibal Buress because of his lazy relaxed voice.
>>
>>63403860
He's black
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLWlBgj0uOc
>>
YOU BROWSE AROUND BUT NOT BUY ANYTHING SUSPICIOUS NIKKAAAA
>>
>>63406338
I miss Wayne Brady.
Why the fuck did he lose his show.
>>
>>63403860
It was Neil
>>
>>63408604
His association with Eric Andre gives him cred in some people's eyes.
>>
When I was 12 I thought he was funny because he said swear words and did silly voices. Now I'm older and I don't know why there are adults who think he's funny.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.