[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did the jews kill his career? Touch of Evil, Chimes, The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: orson-welles-square.jpg (363 KB, 1902x1425) Image search: [Google]
orson-welles-square.jpg
363 KB, 1902x1425
Why did the jews kill his career? Touch of Evil, Chimes, The Trial are fucking epic.
>>
MAHAAAAA
>>
havent seen many of his movies but he had top tier interviews, for what its worth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyTi9v9QPxE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpqwY7QL7r8
>>
>>63401317
The way in which he expresses himself is turgid.
>>
>>63401053
he made it to easy for them with his outrages life of hedonism.

Touch of Evil is truly truly a fantastic film though
>>
Not sure. Maybe it was because he fucked with Mankiewicz, who claims to have been the sole author of Citizen Kane. Or maybe it was the fact that he tried to take on Hearst and caused big problems. Or maybe he even killed Black Daliha.

It was better they did. Forced him to make patchwork editing style.
>>
File: welles.jpg (89 KB, 500x617) Image search: [Google]
welles.jpg
89 KB, 500x617
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THE FRENNNNNNCH
>>
>>63401406
>patchwork
what do you mean by this
>>
>>63401406
Hearst was christian surprisingly
>>
>>63401348
bonjour reddit!!
>>
>>63401511
Part of it is giving into necessity and the other part of it is breaking the realism. A good example is The Lady from Shanghai; it is like a fever dream. You go back and forth from sound stages to on-location shooting in a single scene, you have multiple fast dissolves to establish a single setting, you have Welles' character falling in and out of an Irish accent. The beginning of that film, about the first 40 minutes up until the aquarium scene, can give you whiplash. The aquarium scene is another thing in itself. But the same thing is true for the Shakespeare stuff. It's mostly in the editing of the movie and the voice-over and dubbing work. You can either view it as 'stupid mistakes' even continuity errors in some cases, made for financial reasons, or you can determine for yourself if it works on another level. I would say Citizen Kane and the Stranger don't really have this quality. People love Touch of Evil. Personally, I don't think it's in his top films but even it has some of this. Take that opening scene for example, you track the ticking bomb in the car for a few minutes and then, suddenly, at that moment the whole tracking shot was leading up to, Welles cuts for the first time to some explosion in a sound stage. Very weird decision.
>>63401545
Yeah but it made problems for the studio.
>>
>>63401545

Why's that surprising? Hearst was a 19th century tycoon. Jews came into prominence in the American elite in the 20th century, especially after WWII.

But to answer OP, yes, it was Hearst, and also Welles's hubris and industry backlash against the hype with which he came to Hollywood and the sweetheart deal he got on Kane.
>>
>>63401053
He was brilliant and had a wonderful career.

He fucked Rita Hayworth in her prime, probably the most desirable woman on Earth around this era. He was famous, talented, and incredibly influential. I can't pity Orson Welles. I'd kill for his fucking life.

The stories this guy had.
>>
>>63401917
This is the topic i was going to actually post, that the joos fucking him over actually led to some madcap works that are way more interesting than his pretentious Kane and the sort
>>
>>63402091
You sound like me.
>>
>>63401053
do you actually belief that judaism is incorrect or are you memeing?

pls be honest
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.