[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when the DC Universe jumped the shark?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: handshake.jpg (116 KB, 1797x789) Image search: [Google]
handshake.jpg
116 KB, 1797x789
Where were you when the DC Universe jumped the shark?
>>
>>63398449
To the best of my knowledge falling asleep in a theater playing Green Lantern.
>>
>>63398576
It's good to know I wasn't the only one.
>>
watching Green Lantern fám
>>
I finally watched the trailer and cringed when this faggot Lex opened his mouth. Holy shit
>>
>>63398449
Why would they even do this to the lex character. Have they not seen a single iteration of the character.
>>
I was in Idaho. To be exact I was in BOISE, mmm
>>
>>63398449
How the fuck does this guy get work? I have never met anyone who enjoyed his acting. The Social Network you say, anyone could play Zuckerjew. The studios are completely out of touch.
>>
>>63400406
kek

>>63400351
I have never read nor watched anything Superman related except MoS and I liked that bit where Facebook Guy goes MMM
Still, I know enough about Lex Luthor that his character won't be accurately portrayed
He'll be good for memes though, right?

>>63400470
He's all right in my book
Have you watched The Double? Good film by the way
>>
File: 1302749507473.jpg (18 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1302749507473.jpg
18 KB, 300x400
>>63398449
Whatever, Jesse's still one of the best character actors in the business right now and you know it.
>>
At home watching the Batman & Robin VHS

I still remember the dog being frozen in the hydrant
>>
Ah, yeah. Can't believe they would sell their souls to Disney. :(
>>
>>63400648
Wait... what's going on here
>>
>Superman starting out
>Lex Luthor starting out
>Batman has tons of history

Bothers the hell out of me.
>>
>Snyder: So what you're gonna do is, you're going to act like a colossal faggot

>Eisenberg: Say no more familiarilaridingdong
>>
>>63400671
Anyone ever tell you to go fuck yourself?
>>
>>63400648
>typical asian woman
>>
the should have used rosenbaum, dude was the best lex...
>>
>>63400993
I didn't think it was actually possible

>>63400780
More importantly, they're tossing in these other characters that haven't had any lead up or exposition (Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg). Sure, Affleck is coming in fresh but everyone knows Batman. What the hell are they going to do with the other heroes?
>>
File: ricky baby.gif (616 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
ricky baby.gif
616 KB, 300x169
In this universe he is comic relief Luthor, don't be faggots about this, wait until the film is out.
>>
>>63401051
Best Lex ever
>>
>random newspaper reporter
>meets random billionaire

Why the fuck would he care that they are meeting, let alone make it look like some kind of important meeting?
>>
>>63401051
nice shaved eyebrows bro
>>
>>63401051
This to be honest family.
>>
>>63401063
Make movies coming out in the 2020s

I can't imagine anyone watching all these fucking movies. Marvel has 15 of them canon.

Only a few of them interest me.
>>
Eisenberg is the only thing I'm looking forward to in this flick.
>>
>>63401131

He's been spying on them. He knows their secret identities.
>>
>>63401051
IMO his dad was the superior villain, but still the best live action Luthor ever.
>>
>>63401051
They need an actor with gravitas for a blockbuster movie, look what happened to F4NT4ST1C when the decided to cast meme tv show nobodies.
>>
>>63401051
other than dcau, this tbqh. had the voice, the presence, everything.
>>
>>63398449
Why is lex a Autistic Jew faggot all of a sudden, what were they thinking?
>>
>>63401201
>cast meme tv show nobodies.
I hope your joking because at least 3 of them were mildly famous
>>
Esienberg ruined the film already.

Why did we let this one slide, DC has the most unloyal fans ever.
>>
>>63400666
you would know about soul selling eh satan
>>
>>63401131
That's the point, on face value he's saying 'woah how cool am I where else would you guys ever have the chance to meet look at me the big guy bringing everyone together for you', but he's overacting because he wants them to know that he's seen the look in their eyes and he JUST KNOWS they're superman and batman
>>
>>63401308
This is one of those things I want to be true. I want to make excuses for it but they fucked up so much already. I just can't believe you.
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 470x705) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 470x705
>>63398449
I remember thinking whilst watching MoS that the visuals were quite impressive and yet watching the new Dawn trailer and thinking the opposite. What went wrong? Is Snyder losing it lads
>>
You know what's bothering me? THE GODDAM OST. Man of Steel had a goddamn 10/10 OST. The musics made the trailer look hella fucking epic. But the trailers for BvS had generic music and Inception sound effect. They're boring.

I'll fucking scream at theater if the OST sucks.
>>
>>63401452
>implying Snyder ever had it
>>
>>63401505
>Man of Steel had a goddamn 10/10 OST
>hella fucking epic
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>63401526

Fuck off, bro. I'm just dropping some truths. No hate.
>>
File: 1429393655966.gif (410 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1429393655966.gif
410 KB, 500x281
>>63401051
The range, charisma, likeability.

He's MUH LEX. Anything else is a pale imitation.
>>
>>63401231
>Film tries to be Batman series
>Even has a Joker

That's why.
>>
>>63400504
not him but i've seen the double it's good so is social network but every film i've seen him in he is exactly the same like no range. not that i give a fuck as long as he's in the right roles. but why he got lex i will never know that was their 1st mistake
>>
>>63400552
this must be bait
>>
>>63401604
The Joker is in another movie

In flashbacks or something
>>
>>63400470
Watch the squid and the whale
>>
Trailer actually put me off from ever watching.

Good job, DC.
>>
>>63401701
Dude, Joker is confirmed since months ago, Joker will be in the movie, maybe a small cameo or something, but he will be.
>>
>>63401271
Like who?
>>
>>63398576
They took three great ideas and crammed them into one movie. It was fucking horrible.
>>
>Kevin, Warner Bros. presented its DC movie slate on a Time Warner investor day. Marvel then presented its slate to a theater full of screaming fans. Does that speak to Time Warner's agenda? A lot of people do get the impression that the company is looking to sell.

>Warner Bros./CEO Kevin TSUJIHARA It was just about an opportunity to use that platform to lay out our plan for DC movies. I think, first and foremost, if I was wearing a hat, I'd take my hat off to Alan and Disney. They've done an amazing job on the movie side with Marvel, and I think it's nothing short of incredible.

>Are any of you worried about superhero overload?

>HORN The term "superhero" has become sort of all-inclusive. But, in fact, I think there are delineations. Captain America is a spy movie to us, in many respects. Thor is a Shakespearean drama in some respects.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/executive-roundtable-6-studio-heads-748102
>>
nope.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.