[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everyone thought superman was gay, unrelateable and not a compelling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12
File: Superman.png (955 KB, 1285x1037) Image search: [Google]
Superman.png
955 KB, 1285x1037
Everyone thought superman was gay, unrelateable and not a compelling character.

So Zack Snyder tries to make him cool in a movie with depth that grounds him into an interesting, more human and imperfect being.

Then everyone gets mad and says gay boring superman was better.
>>
>>63397866
Snyder kept him unrelateable and made it worse by making him boring.
>>
Everyone thought superman was gay, unrelateable and not a compelling character.

So Zack Snyder tries to make him cool in a dark and edgy movie without depth that grounds him into an uninteresting, generic and perfect superpowered asshole.

Then everyone gets mad and says this is even worse than gay boring superman.

FTFY
>>
DC is garbo and will never catch up to Marvel or have characters even approaching as interesting as the Avengers.

FTFY
>>
>>63397866
capeshit nerds shit their pants whenever anything deviates in any way from their gay picture books. there is no way you can make a movie about superman or any other nerd icon without pissing off nerds because they get furious at anything that invalidates their ideal fantasy of what it should be like. they're like autists who spaz out when they see a color they dont like. but no matter how much or how loudly they complain, they still go see i 5 times and buy all the merchandise. it's why no serious industry even tries to please them anymore.
>>
Stay down, if I wanted it, I would have snapped your neck already.

Snyder is truly a master
>>
>>63398977
comic c.ucks will praise literally anything that includes ebic references to muh comics so they can rub shoulders and giggle about how they understood that reference. Snyder learned very well because that's all BvS looks like.
>>
File: Supermo.jpg (53 KB, 580x563) Image search: [Google]
Supermo.jpg
53 KB, 580x563
>>63397866

They didn't think Superman was gay. They knew the actor cast for Superman Returns was gay.
>>
File: supes getting a big gulp.png (823 KB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
supes getting a big gulp.png
823 KB, 1280x536
>>63397866
>him cool in a movie with depth
Which movie was that? Certainly not Man of Steel. I think your main problem in general is that you think yourself smarter than you actually are.
Protip: just because you're creepy and people stay away from you, it doesn't make you some reflexive, misunderstood genius. This is why you gravitate towards terrible movies which take themselves seriously: Because you're a terrible person who takes himself seriously.
>>
>>63400787
>actor was gay in supermad returns so man of steel was a better movie lol
That's some schizophrenic logic there, go take your lithium.
>>
File: 1432050486623.png (1 MB, 899x636) Image search: [Google]
1432050486623.png
1 MB, 899x636
>>63397866
>>63398977
>>
>>63401464
/co/mblr pls go
>>
>>63397866

>Everyone thought superman was gay

No, just you. You're projecting.
>>
>>63401434

Not saying Necksnapper was better or worse. Just saying Supes ain't gay.
>>
>>63398881
Marvel films are average lad, TDK trilogy surpasses everything Marvel has released and theyre ok movies
>>
>>63401516
Looks gay to me in that outfit.
>>
File: 46885_ori.jpg (15 KB, 263x263) Image search: [Google]
46885_ori.jpg
15 KB, 263x263
Would this guy be a good pick for superman?
>>
File: 150712-trailer87.png (595 KB, 1392x832) Image search: [Google]
150712-trailer87.png
595 KB, 1392x832
GAY VERSUS KNIGHT
>>
I think ultimately we're kind of left with one option.

You can't make a good Superman movie. At least not something as good as the best stuff Marvel's put out (GotG). Which I think makes a lot of sense. Both in terms of character design, powers, and character. Supes isn't nearly interesting enough as an idea to make up for a fundamentally goofy look, a shitty "he just wins" powers, and nothing remotely interesting about his characters.

TDK excelled for being everything that Superman has never, and can never be without destroying the underlying idea to a pretty measurable degree, and if you go down that route you're still stuck with a situation where people just start asking "Why is this called Superman?"
>>
>>63397866
>Everyone thought superman was gay
Like literally gay or immature "I'm a 12 year old" gay (ie lame, uncool, retarded)?
>>
>>63401405
nice projecting there buddy
>>
>>63397866
Henry cavill cant act
/thread
>>
>>63401707
JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DOESN'T MEAN IT'S IMMATURE. YOU SOUND MORE IMMATURE THAN OP, BUDDY.
>>
>>63401746
We both know I'm right on the money. Calling this nuclear turd "deep" gave you up something spectacular.
>>
>>63401770
I meant OP's use of gay.
When I think of someone saying "Oh that's gay" to refer to something as being lame and stupid then I think of an immature 12 year old over xbox live or something.

Sorry, that post does look retarded now that I'm reading it again.
>>
>>63401747
This
>>
>>63401770

But it is immature. Perceiving something to be in opposition to [insert what I cry about here] doesn't make it mature. The social group most suited to your behavior is in the average middle school.
>>
>>63401770
>>63401806
>>63401832
Oh I thought there was a misunderstanding.

You mean people old enough to post on 4chan actually refer to stupid things as "gay"?

I don't normally see this kind of thing on other boards.
>>
>>63401832
Typical. It's time to grow up, buddy.
>>
>>63401639
>lex was wearing a wig the whole time
bravo snider
>>
>>63397866
The problem is that Superman has been a relatable, interesting character before.

Superman vs The Elite was good. It was a genuinely good backhand to the postmodernist deconstruction bullshit that's been plaguing comics for years now.

Superman is best as a beacon of moral clarity, unambiguous good and evil, and a refusal to compromise. But in order to function in that role he has to be presented with situations that showcase that quality.

Directors today can't handle a simple good vs evil story, everything has to be relative and subversive. Nothing is allowed to simply be what it is, everything has to be a stand-in for something else.

So yes, if you let liberals write Superman, he sucks shit.
>>
Superman is just the base on which all other superheroes are built so it's hard t make him uniquely interesting

He's literally just normal guy but with ultimate power

He has very mild motivations beyond upholding ideals that a normal guy would be taught in their normal childhood

The first half of MoS did this well but there's just nowhere to go that's compelling after that. I will say, though, that superman can become interesting when placed in contrast with other heroes, if not simply because he simultaneous plays the straight man (being at heart just a normal guy) while at the same time being the most powerful guy in the room

That also said, capeshit can't control itself so of course everyone keeps getting more and more rediculous powers that make stories extremely unrelateable and since superman as a rule has to be the strongest he becomes more unrelateable than anyone else... Which is in direct contrast to his whole shtick of just being a normal guy.

Tl;dr superman is just kinda a shitty character. Or at least is now and has been for a long time.
>>
File: travolta bald.jpg (39 KB, 550x659) Image search: [Google]
travolta bald.jpg
39 KB, 550x659
Superman is like your dad: Everyone complains about their dad, but nobody actually hates their dad

Man of Steel was like your dad dying.
>>
File: pa kent's master plan.jpg (223 KB, 1096x800) Image search: [Google]
pa kent's master plan.jpg
223 KB, 1096x800
>>63397866
If they just took out STOP INVULNERABLE OFFSPRING and made Man of Murder actually charismatic and charming it would have actually been a pretty good movie.
>>
File: Its just dust.jpg (106 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Its just dust.jpg
106 KB, 600x450
>>63403202
> imagine being clark kent.
> you are litteraly faster than light and so is your brain.
> you have all the time in the world to grab the dog and bring him back resisting the tornado and debris without even use visible supertalent in front of people.
> just walk to the dog, grab it and walk with him like if the wind is not so strong after all.
> instead of that you have to look your beloved father being crushed in ultra slow motion because of your super fast brain.
> it seems to last hours for you, hours of your dad dying.
Results:several years later you break the neck of one of the last of your people.
Supa shigy.
>>
>>63403820
That was a fucking poor breakdown and youncertainly did not jnderstand the scene or the film! Come back when youre a bit more educated or seen over 10000 movies fucking pleb
>>
>>63397866
>tries to make him cool

lol
>>
>>63403167
Well I really fucking hate Superman, he is OP to the point that it's not even funny anymore.
He should never have been canon in the DCU
>>
>>63397866
everyone on the internet. Everybody who is vocal about his hate for MoS is an advanced fedora tier nerd.

Man of steel is good in every way for being a comic book movie.
>>
>>63401771
>thinks he's some really perceptive guy all the while just projecting his own issues onto others

lel
>>
>>63404530
>Actually hating fictious characters just because they're powerful

Maybe switch to a different genre? Capeshit does that garbage all the time with not just Supermeme.
>>
>>63401405
>capeshit has to ridicule itself like marvel to work and any capeshitfan who doesn't like retarded manchild movies is a social outcast
this.

capeshit is called capeSHIT because it literally is shit.
only children, retards, social outcasts, autists and c.u.c.ks like capeshit.
>>
>>63405164
>being so autistic you call superhero movies "capeshit"

It's like when people call football "handegg". Wow so edgy, so 9gag.
>>
>>63405468
>being an adult and reading picture books about muscular men beating each other up isn't autistic
isn't it about time for you to move out of your moms basement?
>>
File: mocn3zr.jpg (171 KB, 548x618) Image search: [Google]
mocn3zr.jpg
171 KB, 548x618
>>63405577
>>
>>63405577
>Greek and Roman stories from thousands of years ago had demi gods and gods battling.
>neckbeard basement dweller spending his time on anime image board tells world today that superhero movies aren't for adults.
>>
>>63405662
>[current year]
>still feodra shitposting
wow, you definitley don't live in your moms basement.

but hey, keep on looking at picture books if it makes you happy, it's at least better then you going outside and killing or raping someone.
>>
>>63405743
>implying I read comic books
>>
>>63405715
>Greek and Roman stories from thousands of years ago
so why don't spend your time reading them instead?
>>
>>63397866
Snyder's Superman was not relatable in the slightest.
I don't relate to a weird, quiet, violent, creepy alien man that lets his father die and breaks down a building with people in it.
I relate more to the classic Superman, just a guy trying to do his best.
>>
>>63403820
He couldn't fly then, idiot.
>>
This is how humanity advances OP. Our entire culture thrives on criticism. That's how we get better.
>>
>>63397866
>Everyone thought superman was gay, unrelateable and not a compelling character.
Yeah but those people are retarded and shouldn't have been listened to
>>
All these redditors and Disney shills
>>
>>63408233
>still jacks off to Brandon Routh
feel free to keep that dildo in your ass
>>
>>63397866

Just because he tried doesn't mean he succeeded. He's a fucking hack.
>>
maybe it's because i'm not a manchild but the only characters i ever found interesting in these movies were RDJ's Iron Man and Bale's Batman.
>>
>>63397866
"Superman is boring? I know! I'll toss the aspects that people actually love about the character out the window, and hypercharge everything!"

You can write Superman in a compelling way. All-Star Superman gets him right. Man of Steel gets him wrong.
>>
>>63408157
When did i talk about flying retard.learn to read.
>>
>>63397866

Gay, boring Superman is the perfect foil to any other superhero that needs to seem gritty and pragmatic.

If they keep him gay and boring opposite Batman it might work ok for the new movie.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.