[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will this be his year anons? Will he finally get the Oscar for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: leonardo_dicaprio.jpg (35 KB, 675x380) Image search: [Google]
leonardo_dicaprio.jpg
35 KB, 675x380
Will this be his year anons? Will he finally get the Oscar for best actor?
>>
I'd say it's more likely now than it ever has been in the past.
>>
File: 1446933785450.gif (2 MB, 400x164) Image search: [Google]
1446933785450.gif
2 MB, 400x164
>>
>>63397194
O'Toole never got one and DiCaprio isn't half the actor he was, so I don't get why people flip out over DiCaprio
>>
>>63397194
never ever
>>
The Academy is going to keep forcing Leo to push himself until he transcends his physical form and becomes a singularity of every potential performance that could ever exist, and even then they're going to wait for his next work with Scorcese
>>
>>63397351
I've said this for years. As far as I'm concerned, Leo can die without one as well.
>>
>DUDE LEO NEEDS AN OSCAR. LMAO

No, grunting in a movie and method acting does not instantly get you an Academy Award for best actor.
>>
>>63397194
>[Le]o needs le oscar xD
This is a reddit meme
>>
File: this nigga.jpg (120 KB, 467x400) Image search: [Google]
this nigga.jpg
120 KB, 467x400
Not only will Eddie win Best Actor cause "transgender bullshit".

He'll win Best Actress because SERIOUSLY THIS DUDE LOOKS LIKE A WOMAN ANYWAYS.

Sorry Leo, keked once again.
>>
>>63397194
Not until he plays a transvestite who is butt raped by a white cop then brutally beaten then forced to find justice from a southern Mississippi court while trying to protect his 2 year adopted black baby.
>>
>>63397194
He's not in any movies that could get him best actor, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>63397194

I believe he deserved it for the departed but didn't even get a nomination. He did for the blood diamond that year though
>>
>>63398388
what is the revenant
>>
>>63398505
refer to the previous post.
>>
Method acting should honestly preclude someone from getting an award. If you are so shitty an actor that you must brainwash yourself into believing you ARE a character in order to perform then you shouldn't be in movies. Instead, these people have free license to act like insane cunts to everyone on set for the sake their "performance." I'll hold my respect for someone who can do the take in character and then be professional about it once the film stops rolling and I think the academy should too. Fuck method actors, their tryhard bullshit is probably the worst thing ever.
>>
At this point, I think it's become a real life meme to not give him one.

Not that he particularly deserves one for anything he's done in the past, but much lesser actors have gotten them.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 250x241
>>63398316
>mfw obvious shitty oscar bait wins again
>>
>>63397194

will he ever top his work in Whats Eating Gilbert Grape?
>>
>>63398448
>Departed
Marky Mark was way better
>Blood Diamond
No. His accent was fucking atrocious
>>
Is bear rape what it takes to get an Oscar these days?
>>
>>63399261

He went full retard. You never go full retard.

I think that's what cursed him.
>>
>>63397194

He needs to stop 'over acting' first.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.