[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>yfw the reddit star wars defence force has started creat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: JamesCameron00.jpg (32 KB, 425x594) Image search: [Google]
JamesCameron00.jpg
32 KB, 425x594
>yfw the reddit star wars defence force has started creating threads to discredit avatar because they've realised TFA has absolutely no chance of outgrossing it

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/3vp8yo/avatar_is_the_highest_grossing_movie_of_all_time
>>
TFA will beat Titanic for sure

it's too difficult to predict what will happen after 2 billion though
>>
Waste of quads. If whatever's going down on reddit amuses you so much, you should definitely stay there
>>
>>63393333
>unironically linking reddit threads on here

FUCK
OFF
>>
I don't even like Star Wars but I hope TFA grosses more.

It's such a shame that such a forgettable movie is the highest of all time.
>>
>>63393367
>>63393425
reddit pls go
>>
>>63393333
Nice quads
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 569x802
>>63393333
>Mfw I only read this because of the quads
>>
>>63393333
Avatar hit at the perfect time to cash in on 3D and premium ticket prices. 3D was supposed to "the future of cinema!" then so everyone went to see Avatar in 3D and paid $20 a ticket for it.

Now most people can't stand 3D and avoid it if at all possible, seeking out conventional screenings at a lower ticket cost. It's for this reason that TFA won't outgross Avatar. TFA might even sell more tickets over its entire theater life than Avatar did, but it still won't make more than it in the end.
>>
theyre so terrified of JC
>>
>>63393454
Retard
>>
you are reddit tho
>>
>>63393500
>TFA might even sell more tickets over its entire theater life than Avatar did, but it still won't make more than it in the end.

Delusional if you think that even has a chance of happening.
>>
>>63393498
Read these
>>
It's embarrasing that such an abysmal piece of shit like Avatar made so much money. I hope this other turd outgrosses it, at least for a change
>>
>>63393746

How is it surprising? McDonalds is the most popular place to eat in the world. Dell is the most popular computer. Toyota the most popular car. Ketchup the most popular condiment.
>>
>>63393927
I said embarrasing, not surprising. I know that the "people" generally choose shit-tier things because of jingles and slogans. I'm no better but it's still an embarrasment
>>
>>63393333
checked
does anyone even remember avatar? i remember it was really pretty visually but thought the plot was shit
>>
Avatar is remembered for being a sublime 3D experience that eclipsed any movie going experience before it.

This says nothing about its narrative qualities.
>>
>>63393333
>https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/3vp8yo/avatar_is_the_highest_grossing_movie_of_all_time
>My favorite rumor was that executives put plans for the park on hold for a time because a designer asked if anyone in the boardroom could name even 3 characters from the movie and nobody could

kek, is this story true?
>>
File: D0xku2d.jpg (40 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
D0xku2d.jpg
40 KB, 600x450
>>63393333
>reddit star wars defence force

nice quads tho
>>
>>63394341
Have you not seen the huge star wars circlejerk?
>>
>>63393746
MKek spotted
>>
>all these reddit c-uckolds thinking that JewJew Abrams interracial breeding grounds can beat Jim

Jim is the final boss of cinema.
The only person who can provide ANY challenge to Jim is Jim.
>>
>>63394327
Well, I only remember Jake Sully cause of the retarded way the chick pronounced his name. And Neytiri cause Abatap would spam that shit. So maybe?

There was also Colonel Badass, not-Ripley, rich uncle Ribisi, and the guy from Bones
>>
>>63393333
Do you really really like Avatar or really really hate Star Wars

Either way you're a fag
>>
>linking directly to reddit
>le based cameron xD meme

good thread
>>
>>63394204
I really only remember Abatap.
>>
>>63394496
Go back to reddit you dumb manchild.
>>
>>63393746
It really is the Titanic of the 2000s. Biggest movie ever for a little while (because marketing said it would be the biggest movie ever), then everyone realizes its shit and only talks about it to make fun of it
>>
>>63394496
>star shit
>good
Kill yourself pedo "nerd"
>>
>>63393647
Man, you Cameronfags get phanny flustered over even misconcieved slights.
>>
>>63394534
>defends Avatar
>calls people manchildren

Jesus Christ anon
>>
>>63394547
>Biggest movie ever for a little while
>for a little while

The only reason titanic hasn't been the highest grossing film for 2 decades is because Jim decided he could outdo it.
>>
>>63394547
titanic was had plenty of iconic shit tho. avatar just rode the 3d hype train to the grossing record
>>
I love how all of you internet culture blog folks hate avatar.
>>
>>63393333
>>
>>63395095
nice sage
>>
>>63395122
thanks
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.