[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was one of the first capeshit movies, and this is a great
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: sreeves6oct27.jpg (55 KB, 620x384) Image search: [Google]
sreeves6oct27.jpg
55 KB, 620x384
This was one of the first capeshit movies, and this is a great "film" with a charm that modern capeshit movies don't have. It has wonderful cinematography and real emotion.

Being one of the first capeshit films, you'd think all the modern ones would learn.
I just watched Man of Steel, and while I enjoyed it and thought it was good, it was just another action capeshit movie to add to the rest. Looking back at Superman, it was a great film, and Man of Steel didn't surpass it.
>>
He's the one and only Superman to me
>>
>>63391243
Agreed op.
>>
>>63391243
It's a good movie, but not anything really remarkable beyond the musical score. Some of the scenes are cringe-worthy, like when he takes Lois flying (dat awful voice-over) and the deus ex machina ending that makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

I strongly prefer the Donner cut of Superman II, warts and all.
>>
>Looking back at Superman, it was a great film, and Man of Steel didn't surpass it.
has anyone claimed it did
>>
MoS was god awful and none of the actors in both of these two films except Michael Shannon ever showed emotion.
>>
Time for bed grandpa
>>
pudd
>>
>>63391291
Go to bed grandpa
>>
>>63391243
>one of the first capeshit movies
That isn't not even the first Superman movie, let alone capeshit flick.
>>
>>63391577
>using deus ex machina incorrectly
Is this a fucking meme? It's all over /tv/
>>
>>63391834
Sorry you can't understand subtlety faggot fuck.
>>
>>63391834
'no'
>>
>>63393624
>Mommy, this man on the internet hurt my feelings because he say bad things about Man of Steel

I bet you are the faggot that made all those Jesse Eisenburg Lex Luthor threads that got deleted earlier kek
>>
Absolutely fucking disgusting. I would rather watch Wishmaster 3.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 306x423) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 306x423
Superman has become lex luthor
>>
SUPERMAN (1978)

PROS
> Great score all around, personally I like the love theme more than the main theme, less bombastic.
> Hackman makes for a fun Lex at times.
> Reeves is a good Superman/Clark Kent combo.
> Flying with Lois scenes at night are well done.
> Stuff on Krypton is all good.
> Stuff with young Clark and the Kents is good.

CONS
> Reeves bumbling awkward stick as Clark grates on the nerves after a while.
> Kidder as Lois is beyond fucking horrible and cringy at times.
> Lex is too comical to take seriously.
> Lex has wigs.
> Horrid comedy relief side kicks to Lex.
> Absurd plot conveniences like how Lex distracts the nuke transport people.
>>
>>63393694
I have no problem with you disliking the film, I have a problem with you Lying about it.
I don't Like Jesse as Lex ether.
Just because I am a fan of MOS does not mean I will be on board for everything in BVS.
>>
What I dont understand is why does everyone love this movie but then those same people say you cant do comic accurate costumes because no one would take it seriously?
>>
>>63393913
Because...
Its not the same people...
People who like this film don't take it seriously... or they do in a fantasy bright silly kinda way not in a real world kinda way.
>>
File: 1435301391104.gif (264 KB, 148x111) Image search: [Google]
1435301391104.gif
264 KB, 148x111
>>63393880
>fan of MOS
I'm not the best judge of when people are baiting, but are you?
>>
>>63393835
It seems like Lex is the worst part. Just like BvS will be.

True poetry.
>>
>>63391243

The first hour is pretty much perfect. Gets pretty lame after that.
>>
>>63394120
Yes, pic related is my opinion of the film and this... >>63393835
is my opinion of Superman the Movie.
>>
File: [0.png (135 KB, 1367x489) Image search: [Google]
[0.png
135 KB, 1367x489
>>63394120
>>63394185
sorry, this pic...
>>
>>63393835

It's Reeves Cary Grant impression.
>>
>>63394120
>>63394185
>>63394203
To clarify, Yes I am a fan and am not baiting.
>>
>>63394203
>Superman portrayed as someone who genuinely yearns to help people
Sure, except his dad.

>Interaction between Lois and Clark is subtle
K.

>Gives general Zod more depth and pathos than the character has ever had before in any medium
... have you read the comics or are you just saying "any medium" and hoping nobody calls you out on it? Moot point anyway, because even fucking Smallville did Zod better.

>Incredibly suspenseful and heart pounding resolution to the final fight
What, the neck snap? Dude, he could've twisted his head in literally any direction. Aim the heat vision straight down. Am it straight up. It wasn't suspenseful, it was fucking stupid.

>No humor or quips taking portions of the audience out of the film
The soldier calling Superman hot in front of her commanding officer.

>The "maybe" line by Pa Kent would have been better not in the film
Man, I'm only fucking replying because you're assuring me here >>63394549 that you're not baiting. That line was one of the few genuine moments in the movie, and you have it in cons. What the fuck is wrong with you?

I agree with nearly all of your other points, but fuck me some of the shit you've written there is retarded.
>>
1. Superman
2. Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
3. Superman Returns
4. Superman II
5. Man of Steel
6. Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
7. Superman III
>>
>>63393793
I feel like shit for posting this. Why
>>
>>63394694
>Sure, except his dad.
Yes he was lunging to do so until he saw his dad wave no for the greater good (he isn't ready to be a savior yet, humanity might tear itself apart if aliens exist)

>>63394694
>... have you read the comics or are you just saying "any medium" and hoping nobody calls you out on it?
Read them, every version before is just a power mad dictator and little beyond that, semi exception is the Russian cosmonaut version which if i recall correctly he has his face redone to look exactly like Clark.
Never seen the small ville version but I have never heard anyone praising it before to be honest.

> What, the neck snap?
Whole of the fight after Zod takes off his armor.

> He could've twisted his head in literally any direction. Aim the heat vision straight down. Am it straight up
And not a single one of those things would end the threat he posed to the entire world (capable of and willing to kill every living person on the face of the earth by hand)

>The soldier calling Superman hot in front of her commanding officer.
That was mentioned as a con in my flaws section and it wasn't by a main character or during a action or suspense sequence.

>That line was one of the few genuine moments in the movie, and you have it in cons. What the fuck is wrong with you?
I agree it works in the context, but the reaction to it, saying Pa is a horrid father and he genuinely doesn't care if kids die is a troublesome issue with the film's perception I wish just wasn't their for people to bash it for...
>>
>>63391291
fuck you. watched this in 1980 on beta max when i was barely 4 and change then again when I was 5 and you know what? Man of Steel was still a better film.
>>
>>63391834
yes, it was god awesome, and yes, you're simply an awful person. but it's okay anon, in time, you'll get better, promise.
>>
>>63395337
Nah. MoS is snyder trying to make another Batman Begins, doesn't look near as good Watchmen, and he doesn't know how to represent a character like a symbol(which Nolan usually does and the script was made for that)
Superman from Donner is not only iconic but also works with a silver age formula for superman.
And the acting of Reeves like Clark and Superman is perfect, the man really knew how to represent the two characters in a different way.
also Donner is miles ahead in talent compared to Snyder.
>>
>>63395374
>yes, it was god awesome, and yes, you're simply an awful person. but it's okay anon, in time, you'll get better, promise.
Not the guy, but wut?
How can you be an awful person for hating a superhero movie, and how do you know the guy is going to get better.
What are you even saying, besides acting passive-aggressive.
>>
>>63395337
MoS is one of my favorite movies and I think it's better than Donner's Superman

But Cavill's Superman is not better than Reeve's Superman
>>
comic books characters are fun, but actually reading comic books is, ya know, awful
>>
>>63396175
>>63396337
Yes, Christopher Reeve >> baldie Henry Cavill
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.