[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This has got to be the most underrated movie of all time.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: A-History-of-Violence.jpg (140 KB, 300x429) Image search: [Google]
A-History-of-Violence.jpg
140 KB, 300x429
This has got to be the most underrated movie of all time.
>>
>>63386939
I personally love it when Viggo plays the harmless looking dude that ends up butchering everyone.
>>
>>63386939
*overrated
>>
>>63386939
it's not underrated. it's great, but not underrated
>>
Anyone else think the bad guys from the beginning are cartoonishly evil?
>>
Its the only good comic book film
>>
I prefer Eastern Promises desu senpai
>>
>>63387071
although I loved the movie, I thought it was cheesy how many times Viggo got away with messing up guys with guns and dodging bullets
>>
>>63386939
Second half is shit.
>>
A Dangerous Method is the most underrated Cronenberg movie.
>>
>>63387139
To be fair, his brother was clearly drunk, and shooting a guy 3metres away isn't as easy as movies make you think it is.
>>
Eastern Promises was much better

>>63387153
This

As soon as he kills Ed Harris and the lads it heads downhill.
>>
>>63387153
Second half includes
-quasi rape kinky sex
-Son finally beats up jock
-Viggo sets things straight
-Dat final scene at the dinner table (where the family is truly happy that daddy is still alive)

Fuck off cunt.
>>
>>63387071
It's one of the rare comic book films where the original content was fairly shit and they took the premise and made a better product.

How often does that fucking happen?
>>
>>63387241
>Eastern Promises
The movie that singlehandedly washed up Viggo's career? That movie was garbage.
>>
>>63387267
Every mark millar comic is how often that happens
>>
>>63387359
That's the only funny thing about Mark Millar: his comics are just there to show the investors that this is not an original movie IP.
Then they do the script they wanted to do and just add his name to it.
See: Wanted.
>>
>>63387209
Yeah, the fact that the same scenario occurred 3x really stretched my suspension of disbelief though
>>
File: blimp 1.jpg (131 KB, 800x690) Image search: [Google]
blimp 1.jpg
131 KB, 800x690
>>63387267
The comic strips of Colonel Blimp are rather simplistic if you ask me.
>>
>>63387513
>the fact that the same scenario occurred 3x really stretched my suspension of disbelief though

Oh boy, you must probably hate every movie with a main character that kills people that outnumber him eh?

You must be fun to talk to.
>>
The sex scene on the stairs is so fucking hot.
>>
>>63387037

True, but the story isn't about 'the bad guys'

They're just the catalyst for the moral of the story :)

Coulda been better, but those sexyfuntime scenes make up for any other flaws

Am I allowed to post nude screengrabes from movies here. . . . ?
>>
>>63387010

this
>>
>>63387656
And you can't recognize a movie having flaw while stilling enjoying it? Fuck off, cunt
>>
Is that discount young Daniel Craig?
>>
Jerked off furiously to Viggo giving Bello the dane dick

Very noice
>>
>>63387878
You have to be 18 to post on 4chan
>>
>>63387979
>>
>>63387513
Movies like this have an excuse where the character feels like an invincible killer. It's established from the get-go that this person is legendary when it comes to killing and that's all you need to know about this person when he actually becomes this sort of demi-god of death time after time.

I understand not being to suspend your disbelief when it comes to other action stories involving soldiers, rogues, thieves, and other protagonists who are more or less just experienced warriors with an edge of craftiness. But in this case this guy is king, just like John Wick or Riddick.
>>
>>63388050
>he doesn't know about Viggo Mortenson
I'll be glad when you're back in school tomorrow
>>
>>63388050
>tumblr
I respect Craig he's likeable but come on man, Viggo is in an entirely different league above Craig.
>>
>>63387878
Mortensen is probably the coolest guy in Hollywood. Had nothing, got a break, earned everything. The realest and down to earth.
>>
>>63388185
He's pretty hardcore on set, too, if the LotR DVD features are anything to go by.
>>
i agree
>>
>>63388087
>>63388118
>>63388185
>>63387979
I was just saying they look similar, Christ alive lol
>>
>>63387071
>that throat stomp
got damn senpai
>>
>>63388273
Lel, /tv/ is notorious for having a huge hard on for Viggo
>>
>>63388273
In what world does the adjective "discount" not imply something negative you ignorant shit?
>>
It's fucking awful. Might've been passable entertainment if not for the retarded son and his stupid bully sub plot
>>
>>63388378
Not him but here it's used simply to say someone looks similar to someone. It could have been vice versa and his point would still be the same
back to reddit or learn the lingo
>>
>>63386939
If anything, it's "overrated". It is actually one of the most highly acclaimed movies of its decade.
>>
>>63387352
>gets nominated for best actor
>washes up career
>Not the road
>>
>>63387679
>>63387898

Why has nobody posted the webm?
>>
I thought it was awful. Mortensen is too much of a perfect dad/husband for the dark past twist to really matter, I forgave him (for nothing, really) immediately because he's such a good guy. It makes everything after the reveal fall flat. We should have been shown him doing something awful to make that dichotomy between violent gangster and family man

The dialogue is awful too, I remember

>>63388735
This. Its too acclaimed to be underrated.
Not talked about daily =/= underrated
>>
>>63386939
>liking capeshit
>>
>>63387263
>>63387153

Movie is adapted from a comic. The second half of the comic is insanely crazy. Almost early Cronenberg crazy. You tell me if they made the right choice:

After Joey leaves the hospital, he receives a phone call. Only, it's not his brother, but some mafia honcho who worked with Ed Harris' character. Turns out that while Joey made it out of phily, his brother didn't. He was captured. And the mafia has been torturing him ever since while they kept tracking Joey, hoping to lure him out. So Joey goes back to phily. Shootout ensues. Joey gets captured and taken to where they keep his brother. The brother is literally no more than a hidelously maimed and scarred torso at this point. Mafia guy hangs Joey by the arms, drills a hole into his leg. Joey escapes, kills the guy with a chainsaw. Then mercy-kills his brother. Later the police arrive, then ambulances. The comic end with Joey being taken out of the place, his wife is there. He tells her it's all over. The end.
>>
>>63387241
>Eastern Promises was much better
I agree. It's a shame the sequel never happened.
>>
>>63389342
>hidelously maimed and scarred torso
Shit, that's brutal. Cronenberg could have pulled this off
>>
>>63387656
shut up faggot, like anyone enjoys talking to you in real life
>>
>>63387037
Yes it's stupid and forced how he shot that little girl so casually.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.