[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars VII GOAT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9
File: swvii.jpg (41 KB, 719x1080) Image search: [Google]
swvii.jpg
41 KB, 719x1080
Who else is going to see Star Wars VII on opening night? I'm taking my girlfriend to see it in Imax 3D, it's gonna be sweet. All the haters are just jealous of, "star wars was muh secret club". JJ Abrams' vision is better than anything George Lucas has come up with to date and the fact that it has already made so much money before opening night is proof of that.

Star Wars VII is the GoAT. So much so that even George Lucas admitted he really enjoyed the movie.

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-7-george-lucas-premiere/

Star Wars sperglords BTFO!
>>
>"star wars was muh secret club"

Wait, what?

When was Star Wars anyone's "secret club" fanbase? I don't think it's even physically possible for another series to be as generally well-known as Star Wars (maybe Harry Potter?) It's about as inclusive a thing to be a fan of you can get, everyone knows what it is.
>>
>>63383693
My gf and I also have tickets for opening night. I honestly feel bad for the Stormfags who cannot quit discussing just how much they hate this movie for incredibly superficial reasons. To shitpost that much about a fucking space adventure film and get that incredibly assblasted about it for hours on end on a daily basis? Fucking kill yourself. Don't like it? Don't fucking see it.

I for one am excited as fuck to see this movie. Been waiting for this for a long time. I feel like our generation is finally gonna get the Star Wars trilogy we deserve.
>>
>>63383693
I'm excited for the movie too but you havn't even seen it.
It's most likely going to be better then the prequels but it's the original trilogy that we're going to compare it too.
>>
>>63383789

Yeah. Those types of autists wank over Wookieepedia and obscure shit that was never in any of the other movies. I'm glad that Disney started with a clean slate on the new trilogy, it means that everyone gets to enjoy it with out those nerds messing it up.
>>
>>63383693
My girlfriend is going with her friend De'Anthony on opening night, but hope to see it pretty soon after
>>
>>63383973
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luuke

I think you have a good point.
>>
>>63383791
I've never once, ever, insinuated that another poster was a shill. Until now. Either that or someone baiting by pretending to be a shill.

>>63383922
This. Who the fuck cares if it's better than the prequels? My dog's diarrhea is better than the prequels. That's no bar for quality. It's not like the originals are some kind of absolute holy grail of film-making. If they can't get this movie as good as Return of the Jedi, it means the writers and director are just shit because that's not a really difficult hurdle to jump.
>>
>>63383922

>comparing JJ to George Lucas

I don't have to see the film to know that it's going to better than anything Lucas ever put out.
>>
As a lifelong fan of Star Wars, seeing the obvious passion everyone working on the film has for it I have total faith that it'll be awesome, fuck the haters. I'm taking my girlfriend and her ex to the midnight premier, we're all dressing up as jedis and you can bet I'll be waving my lightsaber and screaming as soon as that Lucasfilm logo comes on screen!
>>
File: 1446762454255.jpg (260 KB, 449x1197) Image search: [Google]
1446762454255.jpg
260 KB, 449x1197
>>63384038

What the fuck did I just read?
>>
>>63384054
It'll be tough for it to be better than A New Hope, which was directed by Lucas.
>>
A reminder that House Mouse has shills here.
>Error: This image cannot be uploaded because it is the subject of a copyright infringement claim. Please refrain from posting it.
>>
>>63384045
>Who the fuck cares if it's better than the prequels? My dog's diarrhea is better than the prequels. That's no bar for quality. It's not like the originals are some kind of absolute holy grail of film-making.

I would let you fuck my wife's boyfriend for writing this, it should be appended to every Star Wars OP.

Literally only the movie being genuinely good matters. Not how much money it makes or how many toys are sold. Who gives a fuck. If in ten years everyone is STILL only nostalgic about the OT then the Disney movies will have failed.
>>
I'm going on the 22nd. Tickets are half price on tuesdays.
>>
File: latest.jpg (86 KB, 600x384) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
86 KB, 600x384
>>63384213
DEEPEST LORE
>>
>>63384310

>poorfag detected
>>
>>63384379

How can a slug use a lightsaber? That's moronic.
>>
File: palp.png (653 KB, 986x651) Image search: [Google]
palp.png
653 KB, 986x651
>>63384757
Moronic.
>>
File: 1448146153145.jpg (21 KB, 638x573) Image search: [Google]
1448146153145.jpg
21 KB, 638x573
>>63383693
>George Lucas admitted he really enjoyed the movie.

But he didn't love it.
>>
>>63384254

>people want to see Star Wars VII? SHILLS!!!

People are genuinely excited about this film.
>>
>>63384963
>shill gets caught

But that post isn't calling YOU a shill
>>
>>63384959

George Lucas is to butthurt to admit that he "loved it".
>>
>>63384054
looks like those embarrassing power points by sonys marketing team were right lmao
make sure you buy some toys and vader apples too
>>
>>63385062

Never said it did. I'm just sick of the losers who keep calling people shills, just because they're excited to see the new movies.
>>
>>63385077
He's being polite, after a pre-screening literally everyone says they liked it in public. Who knows what he actually thought of it.
>>
File: NE2a15UZvYEx5a_1_b.jpg (77 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
NE2a15UZvYEx5a_1_b.jpg
77 KB, 600x315
>>
>>63385353
But Genisys did turn out to be as good as the first two :^)
>>
>>63385124

>implying toys and limited edition merch is a bad thing
>>
>>63385353
the difference is that terminator doesn't have a fauxnerd crowd behind it being controlled by social media meme culture
>>
>>63385353

>comparing genisys to tfa

Kill yourself
>>
No thanks, not gonna risk getting shot. I'll wait for the YIFY rip t-b-h.
>>
File: The_Fox_and_the_Grapes.jpg (61 KB, 400x624) Image search: [Google]
The_Fox_and_the_Grapes.jpg
61 KB, 400x624
>>63385544

Looks like someone couldn't get tickets. Pic related
>>
Guys I have first showing tickets but I'm extremely anxious that there's gonna be a shooting or something, I really wanna see the movie but I'm scared :(
>>
>>63385544
>YIFY
Bruuuuhh...i got some bad news
>>
>>63386404
it's back
>>
The title sequence minimizing, the redundant theme begins, everyone cheers and others are masturbating furiously with theater popcorn buttered hands. Paragraphs pass from the bottom to the top of the screen, explaining the plot to the audience as the theme continues to blare. A block of text is interrupted. The scene cuts to JJ Abrams standing in an eggshell white room, a porcelain toilet behind him. The camera lense focuses on his face. Three cast members rush onto the set. Carrie Fisher forgets her lines and becomes humiliated, so she begins eating. "Carrie, what did we talk about? Remembering your lines?" Carrie Fisher then begins to cover her tits and ass in warm butter. JJ Abrams seats himself, and takes a wet shit, toilet water splashes his balls and ass. Harrison Ford breaks his hip on set, Mark Hamill can't get it up, Carrie Fisher eating his buttered ass. Mark Hamill remembers a Barack Obama speech. "Oh Obama," he whimpers. Mark Hamill finally gets a semi-erection.

The die-hard fans are still seated, children and parents have left to get a return on their tickets. A man leans forward, his hand placed on my shoulder. "At least it isn't Clone Wars." A gunman enters the theater, killing everyone dressed as a storm trooper. Everyone thinks it's part of the movie
>>
>>63386299
bring your concealed gun and permit. supposed to stop mass shootings
>>
File: 1441465771894.jpg (66 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1441465771894.jpg
66 KB, 722x349
>>63386466
I live in NY and I'm seeing it three times in the first 24 hours of release so yeah I'm fucked
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 636x358
>>63383693
>watching any movie in 3D

Might as well watch the prequels.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.