[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
;_;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: knick.jpg (35 KB, 650x365) Image search: [Google]
knick.jpg
35 KB, 650x365
;_;
>>
>>63383018
So... Why did she die? And why didn't Thack and Bertie try reanimating her with adrenaline?
>>
>>63383895
she put something in her water before the surgery, dunno if it's the same thing that gallinger tampered with.
>>
>>63384181
Wait, what did Gallinger tamper with? I don't remember this
>>
>>63384370
I forget which episode, but when Edward was gonna operate on the black guy who died
>>
>>63384370
No, she used laudnum. Gallanger tampered with curare. I have no idea why she died. I'm surprised they didn't try the adrenaline.

Is the last thread archived somewhere?
>>
>>63385334
>Is the last thread archived somewhere?

HELLO, NEWFRIENDO.
>>
She commited suicide because she knew Thack better than anyone and she knows her life would spiral into chaos with him around, just like their first relationship.

At first she was scared he wouldn't love her because of her condition, once she realized he didn't cared about that, it also became clear that he isn't the vapid cunt she thought he might be, which was also in a way, worse of what she thought, because she knew Thack is above all that shit, but also, too full of himself and a complete narcissist, and she couldn't live with that.

Thack legitimately cares for people, but he cares about himself more than anyone else, that's what makes all his lovers break down. They are important to him, but not even close to the importance he gives to himself, and he is literally killing himself. So it's not that hard to put that in perspective and know what awaits for you.
>>
>>63385532
Wow, that's a lot better and makes more sense than what I thought. Now I feel stupid.
>>
>>63385532
Already confirmed by the creators that she didn't commit suicide
>>
that picture alone triggered me. they werent aware of hygiene at the time and most doctors didnt even wash their hands properly

and the fact that the first episodes plot is 10% le advances in medicine and 90% diversity and nigger shoe horning made me not bother with the rest of the season
>>
>>63385642
>>63385642
Now I don't feel so stupid anymore. Here is what I think I noticed
>opening scene
>alcoholic kills himself in his hunt for his drug
I immediately thought of Abigail's obsession with her former beauty. She was a lovely woman, but very vain. Beauty was her "drug". So I saw the death of the drunk as a foreshadowing of hers.
>>
>>63383895
laudanum (opium) mixed with ether
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr7PUqOhjmo
>>
>>63385532
The laudanum and ether was a lethal combination but it was just random chance that she happened to take it right before the surgery. She was actually on the upswing as she had seemingly legitimately helped Thack and was starting to help the other drunk guy, aside from still being somewhat pretty despite the facial deformity.
>>
Bummed that this season is almost over/shorter than the last. So far I like it a lot more than last season though.

I hope they handle cleary/the nun's romance correctly. Their scenes were a lot of fun, but they're dangerously close to boring territory all of a sudden.
>>
Cleary got friendzone'd hard ; _ ;
>>
File: 1437311094656.png (2 MB, 802x802) Image search: [Google]
1437311094656.png
2 MB, 802x802
>it's a Gallinger literally does nothing wrong episode
>>
>>63387691
>Gallinger fucking the sister after putting crazy wife in loony bin
The sister look a bit crazy herself to me.
>>
>>63385532
>She commited suicide
Stopped reading right there.
She did not kill herself you buffoon
Not only that it's pretty obvious in the show itself, it has also been explained in the post-op.
>>
>>63383018

>its a Jim Norton episode
>>
File: 4565.jpg (1 MB, 1280x640) Image search: [Google]
4565.jpg
1 MB, 1280x640
Gallinger did nothing wrong
Barrow needs to get rekt soon
>>
>>63383018
>>
>>63385690
Then don't watch it and please never post again in a Knick thread
>>
Guys I just realized I skipped episode 7 and I want to kill myself
>>
>>63385742
Interesting.
But it's kinda ironic if you consider that she's been such a positive figure these past episodes, helping Thack overcome his addiction and all. It somehow doesn't make sense for her to die this way, feeling almost unfair, like she didn't deserve it if you know what I mean.

Perhaps it's Thack's karma for playing god. I don't see it as suicide either. It wasn't the substance Gallinger compromised either, it was just plain bad luck. A stupid fuck up, that just shouldn't have happened, but it happens to the savior of a genius surgeon of all people.

Fuck this show has me so engaged, I love it
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.