[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of Creed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: creedpostersmall.jpg (736 KB, 1280x1897) Image search: [Google]
creedpostersmall.jpg
736 KB, 1280x1897
What does /tv/ think of Creed?
>>
I'll tell you when you find me a semi-good online version.
>>
>>63382278
I'm waiting for the based YIFY rip.
>>
>>63382309
>YIFY

Got some bad news for you, son
>>
>>63382347
Thanks YIFY.
>>
>>63382309
>there are people who will unironically watch this on their little 20 inch computer screen instead of experiencing it in a cinema or a home theater
>these people will be the first ones to shit on it

Terrifying isn't it?
>>
It ain't me.
>>
>>63382381
Based Armond liked it though. That should be enough for any haters to get BTFO
>>
It's defiantly not a movie for everybody. If you view everything in kek memes but not for humor reasons and more of paranoid doomsday reasons, you won't like this. If you didn't care for the Rocky movies, you won't like it. The movie is very slow and quiet, which I didn't mind but it would not do it for some people. If you were the type of person who couldn't stand the therapy scenes in Sopranos then you wouldn't like this.

Jordan I was worried about because he seemed like the poster boy for unsubtle tokens in the Fantastic movie but I felt he's one the few black actors that did a decent job and didn't came off as annoying. If you're /pol/ as fuck, don't worry, they didn't make the Irish loudmouth fighter catoonisly racist or anything.

I give the movie a solid 7/10
get shrek'd
>>
>>63382278
It's actually a good movie.
>>
>>63382676
>It's actually a good movie.

WTF?

Did we even watch the same thing?

2 hours of heavy handed, ham fisted "rocky is dying of cancer"

followed by 5 minutes of decent boxing.

I went in expecting a boxing movie but was fucking stuck watching a poorly acted cancer drama.
>>
>>63382807
Is the cancer subplot ever resolved or will there be a sequel?
>>
>>63382278
Very formulaic

Tons of stale fanservice for the fans of the series, stunting growth. Good delivery by Stallone, nigger can't act. Pointless romance plot. Good camerawork on the first fight (not the opening mexico one). One of the movies that made obvious how many shills come to /tv/.
>>
Me and my wife's son loved it. It's good that there are heroes that look like him to look up to.
>>
>>63382381
I would never watch a movie with black people in it in a theater.
They come bussing in from the ghettos and hoot and holler non-stop through the entire movie.
Plus they're violent retards who are always shooting each other and I don't want to get hit by a stray bullet.
>>
Chick flick for weepy man-children.
>>
Does Rocky prep the bull?
>>
I really like Michael B. Jordan and Sly, so this movie was a sure thing for me.

With that said, I'm not as impressed by it as most. It's a pretty predictable rehash, as the boxing underdog story can only be told so many times. I think it would've been better if they established more of a distinct identity for the Creed franchise rather than oodles of fan service for Rocky fans, but, of course, I get the logic behind that.

The acting and cinematography (especially the tracking shot in the Leo fight) and choreography are excellent. The soundtrack is solid. The plot is trite, though, and that's somewhat disappointing, even though it's hard to take a novel approach to this particular franchise.

3.5/5. I hope MJB keeps killing it.
>>
>>63384061
desu I thought the plot was fine, even if it was cliche but I didn't enjoy Tessa's character magically appearing later on in the story
>>
Creed > Southpaw
>>
I heard is was a great movie, my wife told me her boyfriend loved it.
>>
>>63382807
Have you seen the Rocky movies? That's how they are too. In fact, this movie has more fights than most rocky movies.
>>
It's good. It's more about the issues people face in the breakdown of a family dynamic, either coming from a fatherless household (like a disproportionately large amount of black youth) or losing a spouse in old age. The boxing isn't really the main emphasis of the film, but when it is featured, it's done very well. The first fight is entirely one shot (likely digitally edited, but still very professional) and every scene feels very realistic and visceral.

If you like Spielbergy kinds of family dramas from the 80s it's going to definitely deliver. It's almost the Drive of boxing movies; it's so unironically devoted to genre tropes, but it still somehow works. Go figure.

8/10
>>
>>63382278
10/10
>>
>>63382807
o realy, can you explain that one shot no camera cut away first fight? fucking cunt

no where in history has that been done before
>>
>tfw going the distance comes on
>>
>>63387195
Soundtrack was amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWFfr1t5mgQ
>>
>>63389173
that was terrible the Rocky themes were better than this shit wtf
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.