[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I finally watched this. What does /tv/ thinks about it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 4
File: kung fury.jpg (128 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kung fury.jpg
128 KB, 1920x1080
So, I finally watched this. What does /tv/ thinks about it?
>>
It's bad.
>>
It's purely an amateur work? It's amazing how it's more professional than any movie made by internet revieweres. Was there some sort of fundraising campaign? If not then it's even more impressive.
>>
shit over produced derivative rubbish
>>
>>63377229
i loved the soundtrack
>>
DUDE THE 80s LMAO
>>
>>63377229
Cool as fuck.
>>
>>63377229
Pretty funny, autists will tell you its bad because they hate this type of humor
>>
80's revival needs to fucking die.
>>
>>63377229

reddit
>>
I don't understand these things.
Am i suppose to go "this is why I loved the XX's"
because I didn't and if you did, I doubt you were even alive then.
>>
>>63377229

Play blood dragon instead.
>>
>>63377263
>It's amazing how it's more professional than any movie made by internet revieweres.

i mean, you're not exactly setting a high bar
>>
just another thread full of paid trolls

lmao this thread is so obvious go fuck yourselves with this shit fucking movie nobody even watched this shit besides fat autistic neckbeards.
>>
>>63377543
This.
>>
>>63377229
Disposable meme shit.
Neo-80's is the worst fad of the 21st century so far.
>>
>>63377561
But they did it without any fanfare. Meanwhile all those "big" reviewers make movies that are way worse and technically inferior. Nobody watches them and they're supposed to be the most important for these guys. Apparently they all aspire to be movie directors one day.
>>
>>63377263
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kungfury/kung-fury/description

630k which is pretty good all things considered. It looked great but I think it needed to be longer given how much they crammed into it.
>>
redditcore at it's worst.
>>
absolute garbage, ironic millenial hipster shit

feels like the makers have never seen an 80's action movie, if you make fun of something you should known the subject matter and they don't. this is 90's videogames not 80's action movies

supposed to be a 80's parody/homage but everything is cg

when the movie came out I watched some livestream interview with the director and the crew and he was just what I expected, this fucking hipster douchebag who was just laughing at how intentionally bad the movie. nothing about it is genuine and the guy doesn't even like 80's b movies.
>>
The nazi scenes were goat
>>
>>63377624
hooray? it's not really an accomplishment
>>
>>63377624
kung fury is not a movie, it's literally a 600k CG demo, the guy is a vfx artist and the movie was a scam to get people fund his demo reel. now he'll get to effects on the new marvel movie or something
>>
when I first saw pictures of it and saw praise for it I thought it was a legitimate throw back to 80's martial arts movies but with a modern edge to it.

Then I saw the movie and realized, "Oh it's just another fucking joke video"
>>
>>63377624
Feeding Frenzy is way better than this piece of shit
>>
>>63377605

Don't worry, we're going full speed into neo-70's
>>
lol random dinosaurs and nazis, that's soooo 80's x DDD

hella f*ckin' epic!!!
>>
Only thing that benefits from these neo-retro fads is the music industry, but oh fuck it's worth it.
>>
>>63377229
It's a checklist of all those wacky 80s memes with no identity of its own. Shit sucks
>>
File: 5125.jpg (179 KB, 1024x426) Image search: [Google]
5125.jpg
179 KB, 1024x426
legit good retro 80's movie coming through
>>
>>63377781
A E S T H E T I C
>>
>>63377644

>absolute garbage, ironic millenial hipster shit
>feels like the makers have never seen an 80's action movie

This.

I went in expecting some 80s meme overload like Rampage City, but they didn't even get the memes right.

Nazisploitation died out in the 70's and the dinosaurs weren't big until JP.

This project is the definition of unisnpired and creative black hole. Alber Pyun movies have more artistic value to them.
>>
>>63377781
True dat
https://youtu.be/eQqGKPVOQv8
>>
I'd forgive the bad jokes and shit writing overall if it was shot on vhs and done with special effects, no cg.
>>
>>63377229
Black Dynamite, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace, hell even fucking Blood Dragon still did better at parodying and paying homage to cheesy b-movies than this.

It's cute on it's own, but worked best as a trailer. Less CGI, less nazis, remove the vikings entirely, and you could have something relatively enjoyable.

Also, make the bad guys Russian for fucks sake.
>>
I could make a feature with half the money
>>
It's the type of movie someone who hasn't actually watched 80s movies thinks 80s movies are like.

MUH NEON
MUH NINJERS
MUH INTENTIONALLY-SHITTY PRODUCTION
>>
A good showcase for the guy what the guy who made it can do. I enjoyed it but it wasnt as good as i had hoped. Too much happening in too little time. The 80's stuff is popular because people who grew up then are the people who spend money now. And thats ok.
>>
>>63377229
It's meme80s shit, like turbokid, but at least it does not try to act serious. The flick knows it is retarded shit and goes full ahead with it.
>>
Meme shit
>>
it's awesome
>>
>>63377959
>muh evil hitler
>Not muh evil commies

That was literally the proof they have not seen a single 80s flick.
>>
7/10 comfy level

8.5/10 fun level
>>
Danger 5 did it better.
>>
http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/books/2015/07/armada_by_ernest_cline_follow_up_to_ready_player_one_reviewed.html

just replace vidya with tv
>>
>>63378421
This. So did Axe Cop for the non-80s elements.

That's all Kung Fury really was: a mashup of Danger 5 and Axe Cop and it was inferior to both.
>>
DUDE CHEESY 80'S REFERENCES LMAO
>>
>>63377850
hotline miami is one of the best games but its not 80s its 90s
>>
>>63377229
It's awesome, /tv/ hates it just because it's popular.
>>
Literally Reddit: the movie.
>>
>>63377543
fucking this x100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiOjOCJtl9Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jnx_XuVQfU
>>
>>63377229
muh 80's nostalgia made by idiots born in 1990's
>>
WE NEED SOME ACTION
>>
>>63378354
thing is theres a difference between hating something and thinking its shit.
>>
It made me realize you can't do films with only a green screen (unless you're talking about big budget films with big studios and a lot of animators)
Also it made me realize you don't have to be a good or original writer to gain fame, it's enough for you to push the right buttons of society. i.e. play on a potential trend, like 80s revival-nostalgia in this case
>>
>>63382112
The guy who made the soundtrack is great though
>>
>>63382138
It's a few different artists actually. Mitch Murder, Lost Years, Highway Superstar, and my personal favorite Betamaxx

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zoA3OkBBE4
>>
>>63377229
DUDE 80S LMAO

DUDE SHIT DANGER 5 DID A THOUSAND TIMES BETTER LMAO
>>
>>63382735
Mitch Murder is fucking GOAT
>>
>>63377675

Very light scam compared to star citizen, a game you finance to later pay for it when they release it.
>>
>>63377229s
For trying to feel like a cheesy 80s action movie it had a very poor understanding of cheesy 80s action movies
>>
>>63377229
Why don't you tell us what YOU think of it?
>>
>>63377229
Some funny moments, but it was very awkwardly dated as a product of the 2000s.

More similar to an episode of Metalocalypse than to an 80s b-movie.
>>
>>63383207
Because he's insecure and incapable of forming his own opinions without trying to get a feel for what the majority of the toaster board of a tibetan architecture image board thinks
>>
>>63383138
this
it had action scenes very reminiscent of Matrix and 300, which is a shame because those movies are heavily based on late 80s material.
>>
I watched this shortly after I watched Turbo Kid, and Kung Fury was a hell of a lot better. It's pretty funny. Does anyone know if the game is any good?
>>
>>63377229
I liked it. Hope there is a sequel.
>>
>>63377798
An old man's face??? Whar kinda movie is that?
>>
>>63377359
You need to die
>soon there will be 90's, 00's, and 10's revival
I need to die
>>
>>63381819
>dat opening

I should play this game.
>>
>>63377697
Umm... I think you missed the 90's. The 90's tried to mix the 60's and 70's together and got shit.
>>
>>63383375
Hobo With A Shotgun. That's Rutger Hauer.
>>
>>63377798
lmao look at this fucking pleb, Kung Fury is the pinnacle of human artistic endeavor and perfectly encapsulates everything that made the 80s so epic
>>
>>63377229
I felt like it was trying to be danger five but didn't quite have the humor aspect down.
>>
>>63383055

>when they release it.
>Star Citizen
>>
>vikings
Why?

>dinosaurs
Why?

>nazis
Why?
>>
File: 1448501533208.jpg (76 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1448501533208.jpg
76 KB, 720x540
>>63383314
>Kung Fury
>better than Turbo Kid
>>
>>63384788
because lulzsorandom XDD
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.