[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What am I in for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: HG.jpg (413 KB, 1382x2048) Image search: [Google]
HG.jpg
413 KB, 1382x2048
What am I in for?
>>
>>63374652
A boring two hours.
>>
hot steaming garbage

what were you expecting?
>>
>>63374735
A non contrarian opinion.
>>
>>63374652

You'll like some parts of it unless you've seen Battle Royale. If you have then you'll want to watch Battle Royale again. If you haven't you should watch Battle Royale.
>>
File: hunger_games.jpg (31 KB, 519x283) Image search: [Google]
hunger_games.jpg
31 KB, 519x283
>>
>>63374652
A solid premise that will disappoint you with it's execution. To me at least, everything leading up to the start of the game is kind of touching and interesting. Then it slowly but steadily declines throughout the movie.
>>
shit
>>
Too violent for teens
>>
>>63374706
>>63374735
>>63374746
>>63374781
>>63374847

Ok, since /tv/ always exaggerates the negative and likes being contrarian, I can already tell that this will be a 6-7/10 movie for a young and edgy audience. In other words, a decent to pretty good but forgettable movie.
>>
File: plebeans.jpg (138 KB, 1440x982) Image search: [Google]
plebeans.jpg
138 KB, 1440x982
>>63374900

Enjoy your garbage ripoff
>>
>>63374947
Cool
>>
No actual hunger that's for sure.
The actual battle in the end is interesting rest is very boring though
>>
Basically a movie about a girl keking his boyfriend back home for some random fag that she met like a week before, girls and sjws like it cause it basically makes it okay to kek straight dude's that went to college in different parts of the country.
>>
Daily Reminder that Lawrence received pay cheques that made a mockery of Liam Hemsworth and Peeta's pay cheques

Reminder that Lawrence is leading the pay-gap bullshit myth because she didn't get paid the same as Cooper in Silver Linings.
>>
>>63374900

non edgy opinion coming through

The movie is targeted to a tween-early teen audience and specifically girls. The concept and setting is good as well as the visual style of the movie, but the plot has a love triangle and revolves around the girl's inner struggle with her friends, family, setting and love interest. If you expect to see kids killing each other and being entertained by this, you're going to be dissapointed. Not a bad movie it's entertaining enough to hold your attention but if you're not the targeted audience you'll be pretty bored at times.
>>
>>63375543
I should probably just watch a fan edit with the action then.
>>
>>63375584

Ignore the memers, Hunger Games has a good bleak atmosphere if you're into that shit
and as far as young adult stuff goes, the love triangle isn't the main focus of the narrative - it just pops up at times

Just watch it and form your own opinion, you'll likely find it nowhere near as shit as /tv/ tells you it is
>>
>>63375584

It's entertaining enough to warrant your attention and it does have it's good moments just don't expect too much from this.
>>
>>63375683
I'm a fan of young adult bleak shit hence why I ask.
>>
>>63375764

There's enough crossover between your interests and the movie for you to likely get at least some enjoyment out of it

Go and watch it
>>
>>63374652

as someone who has read the books, here goes

>1. movie

pretty nice, little focus on teeny drama but acceptable in case you're not some insecure fag who can't handle that shit
action is decent although not as prominent as you would think it is.

>2. movie

my favourite. the first half is a drag if you think you'll be getting action scenes but everything afterward is great. the hunger games in this movie are also great to watch

>3. movie

pile of dogshit. don't watch this without the fourth one since it really is like watching half a movie

so

>3. and 4. movie

love triangle is a bit more prominent although tolerable. during the third one, katniss is pretty retarded but in the last one, she goes to being alright again

the action scenes are better than in the first two ones and the overall story pretty great. I liked how they showed how snow reacted to all the stuff happening (which wasn't present in the books)
>>
Mildly fun mediocrity. Quality is fairly consistent though

1>2>3>4
>>
>>63374652
Decent action series. 2nd movie was legit entertainment though.
>>
>>63376548
I've only seen one of these on a plane. Is the second one the one where they use her as propaganda in exchange for them saving her mk ultra victim'd boyfriend? I hadn't seen the other movies but I enjoyed it.
>>
>>63376599
Second one is where they do the Champion Hunger games thing and put all the winners against each other.
>>
>>63374824
Haha, I got the reference XD
us movie buffs huh? :)
>>
>>63376642
Interesting.
How does that manage not to be the same as the first movie?
>>
File: hunger-games-cast.jpg (27 KB, 518x400) Image search: [Google]
hunger-games-cast.jpg
27 KB, 518x400
>>63374652

meh it was pretty ok. the sewer scenes dozed me off which annoyed my gf. a bit too long for my taste, maybe -20 minutes it would have been fine. still can't figure out why they picked peeta for Hutcherson, irl everyone would have picked Liam over that manlet.
>>
>>63376674

The first one is just a bunch of people chosen at random from each district. The second one uses previous winners only. They're the 74th and 75th games respectively, so they're special every 25 years.

But basically in the second movie its not just a bunch of dumb teenagers who have no idea what to do. The people in the second movie have some strategy to win that works.
>>
>>63376674
The people are actually experienced since they're winners of previous games and the meta behind providing entertainment for the people is more explored. Characters are also more interesting.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.