[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DOCTOR WHO GENERAL - /who/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
File: Based Beautiful Colin.jpg (64 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
Based Beautiful Colin.jpg
64 KB, 620x372
SURPRISE COLIN BAKER EDITION!
>Also: Colin is the best Doctor ever and is adored by billions!

>>63369457 (Last time on the Colin Baker Show!)
>>
go on jennas twitter and spam the hell out of her to come back
>>
>>63371711
REMINDER
>>
THEN
>>
>>63371702
JUST
>>
File: 1414969692930.png (74 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1414969692930.png
74 KB, 625x626
>Doctor confesses he knows who the hybrid is, it's a valid confession
>Doctor tells the confession dial in secret that he's the hybrid
>Episode ends with Ashildr and the Doctor debating about who the hybrid is
>>
>>63371751
spam
>>
>>63371729
She can be in the spinoff with Maisie. Like a hybrid.
>>
First for Heaven Sent was mediocre
>>
File: fuq.jpg (18 KB, 480x578) Image search: [Google]
fuq.jpg
18 KB, 480x578
>>63371687
You mean the incarnation who was tried by the Valeyard, who turned out to be a future incarnation of the Doctor, which may or may not be 12?
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 300x290
Just a reminder...

>no one knows where gallifrey is
>except the sisters of karn
>apparently they can go there whenever they want
>and Rassilon is able to contact Ashildr
>so Gallifrey is free to interact with the rest of the universe
>which is contrary to what Day of the Doctor said about freezing it in time
>otherwise they could continue the plan for the final sanction
>or continue to wage wage with the Daleks
>but no, they somehow stay hidden despite no previous plans to stay hidden
>they would rather capture the Doctor to find out about the hybrid, which is just a legend
>and turn on Rassilon to help the Doctor despite helping kidnap him episodes earlier
>the hybrid doesn't do anything and we don't know what it is
>we're told its Maisy but she's just an immortal human like Jack
>literally sits around doing nothing for the four episodes she's in but is apparently going to destroy Gallifrey
>with no army, powers or reason to destroy Gallifrey
>it's fine though cos Clara's been plucked from Death, with no explanation
>Clara and Maisy are a team now for some reason
>the Doctor wiped his own memories like a twat for no reason
>Lord only knows wtf Gallifrey is doing
>they have Daleks, Cybermen and Angels in a basement with 'sliders'
>for some reason
>and they're out there
>doing nothing
>completely accessible
>and able to do whatever they want
>but apparently not
>what even is this
>remember survival?
>that was a good serial
>how was that so much better than this?
>is Capaldi proud of this?
>McGann wouldn't have allowed this to happen
>>
>>63371752
I have no idea. Maybe Timelords have a different year. I'm pretty sure in Series 3 the end of the universe was trillions of years in the future. And I think even last series in Listen that was said to be trillions of years into the future. No idea why it's suddenly billions.
>>
I've literally never been less interested in anything than I am in what the hybrid is

If someone reveals what the hybrid is, and it turns out to be something that's interesting, then I guess I'll care what the hybrid is

But so far it's just a hypothetical thing which may be any number of things, so, well, who cares
>>
>>63371798
jenna will be the companion again,
>>
File: 1444102312617.gif (4 MB, 298x150) Image search: [Google]
1444102312617.gif
4 MB, 298x150
>>63371746
TWO THOUSAND AND FIFTEEN
>>
>>63371751
The whole hybrid thing was handled so badly throughout the season, it's unbelievable.
Why, Moffat? Why introduce a concept that you have no idea what to do with?
>>
>>63371702

Something tells me at the back of their heads the actors know how stupid that was. I refuse to believe Ken Bones was 100% okay with what happened.

At the very least, I hope he thought "the fact that I turn into a black woman's a bit silly. I don't remember this when I watched Doctor Who as a kid."
>>
>>63371687
Reminder that Ken Bones deserved better
>>
>>63371829
had that dude been around before?

why keep bringing him back and make Timothy Dalton a one-off?
>>
How did the Doctor not realize that the diner was literally a Tardis? Did he not notice the picture of a woman on the front of his was the women he was just talking too?
>>
File: 2015.png (117 KB, 763x652) Image search: [Google]
2015.png
117 KB, 763x652
>>63371746
>>63371811
>>63371832
Not even /pol/ despite having a folder of their maymays, but what the fuck was Moffat thinking?
>>
>>63371729
Let her go, anon. She will never love you back.
>>
>>63371826

Is there any doubt at this point that Moffat is the British Lindelof?
>>
>>63371858
fuck off i cant do this
>>
>tfw no memory wipe to make you forget the girl you can't have
>>
Want to be a part of /who/ secret santa? Heres how!

Step 1: Set up an amazon account
Step 2: If you don't want people to know your full name go to My Account > Personalization > Your public Profile to change your name to something less tracky.
Step 3: Make a public wish list of stuff you want Also make sure you add an address or your not getting shit. Go to List Actions > Update List Profiles. Enable 3rd party to get things from amazon sellers(and save a nice gifter a few bucks)
Step 4: You post your list with everybody elses
Step 5:???
Step 6: Profit!

Don't worry if you can't gift back, thats not what this is about.

Posted lists
** Denotes anons that have received a gift.
1TW07MMXMK23K**
2AWQECVASR0LZ**
1XNJW6WCUQHL8**
19MMH05CLWE9I**
2RQRPZHNU6HG2**
2PU99I0VAIYPO**
2YXODTAG94KJ8**
23K5UKRJQFVGJ**
1FRBGHCF6U2OH**
2UKUISMKMJ6PU**
3MM42ME28U7CC**
1TU8XBAOV0NCO**
22DPUTUPGZTCG .ca**
23ORF3ZSPU78J .ca**
TPHG291E1X0N Login to Amazon.co.uk
1MXNH09BNBX5 Login to Amazon.co.uk
1MNZ06FZQGL38 .Fr/or set to private..
5RAPGNMPAEDG Login to Amazon.co.uk
3OIVB2XVSRB5
>>
>>63371832
But now he's a strong independent black woman who don't need no man.
>mfw the speel about always being a woman before then was clearly getting people ready for the Doctor to be a woman next time.
>>
>>63371852

Timothy's a pretty famous actor. I believe he's in an American show right now about 19th century literary characters all living together.
>>
File: 1447002971362.jpg (10 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1447002971362.jpg
10 KB, 184x184
>>63371803
Feels a little like the Time War

I get that we are never shown what happens because then 'Our imagination wouldn't take off', but the moment you brought Gallifrey back, it was all moot.

I mean, the war was supposed to have wiped everything Time Lord from the show, sans some SPOOKY TIME LORD ARTIFACT OF THE WEEK every season or three.

Now we see that the Time War might has well been a property line dispute between two angry Englishmen: Maximum Tutting, No pulling a shank out to stab the other guy.
>>
>>63371870
Sort of agree.

Moffat has, at some point in his life, written something good.
>>
There were only yes men because if you said you didn't like that he turned into a black woman you're a racist. If you question why the Time Lord soldiers are black you're racist.
>>
normally i try to maintain my disbelief that the doctor can do the things he does because he's superintelligent so having an ordinary human do them the way clara does ruins them by saying no it's purely because the doctor has X amount of plot power so if we give Clara X amount of plot power she can do the same things. Fly a tardis? no problem? Rewire a mindwiping device? Whatever duuuuuude
>>
>>63371895

It's definitely gonna happen. They are pretty much beating you over the head with imagery that it's coming. Probably right after Capaldi, hell I'd imagine Moffat's actually quite anxious to axe Capaldi so the agenda can be pushed.

What saddens me is I just wish one of them would go ludicrously progressive and make the Doctor a female pygmy from New Guinea or some shit, you might as well, it's as dumb as anything else.
>>
>>63371921

>before
>Gallifrey was basically the mythical lost homeland

>now
>just fuck Rassilon's shit up
>>
>>63371926
Nah, they can look like whatever they want. The Master switched genders and the Doctor was like, "shrug."

They're all just humanoids, it doesn't matter what they look like. Next series she could regenerate into a sea turtle, who gives a fuck.
>>
>>63371940
>casting someone other than a white dude is an "agenda."
you might be too retarded for the internet. please turn off your computer and walk outside into traffic.
>>
So Gallifrey is officially back in the normal universe, I don't even really care if they don't explain how they did that, but they better fucking address the consequences that has, Daleks exist in the universe again so a second time war is inevitable.
>>
>>63371940
they should just throw everything at us at once

the Doctor becomes a tri-gendered disabled pygmy wolf-kin with autism who is muslim and an atheist and has a peanut allergy
>>
>>63371963
JENNA NEEDS TO GET BACK ON DR WHO RUGRGDR NOW !!!!!!!!
>>
>turn confession dial into perfect torture chamber
>include escape route that leads directly to Gallifrey

Are the Time Lords literally fucking retarded? Is this what happens when 3/4 of the Council are niggers and women?
>>
I've been out of the loop since Capaldi became the Doctor, what terrible things happened recently?

Is Moffat good or bad in your eyes right now?
>>
I wanna watch all the classic Who that's available. Who's got ddl's or link to best quality torrent?
>>
At this point I'm starting to miss RTD. I hate that I'm even saying this, but it's true.

RTD fancies the Doctor way too much to change his gender or even make him not white. Same goes for any other male Time Lord, he probably fancied John Simm so he got him for the Master.
>>
>>63372005
>Is Moffat good or bad in your eyes right now?
He's an idiot with a spell checker.
>>
File: capaldu.gif (914 KB, 450x274) Image search: [Google]
capaldu.gif
914 KB, 450x274
>>63371857
Shoo shoo slimey limey was all I could think about for the rest of the episode. Can you imagine having to explain this part of the plot to an accomplished Shakespearean actor?
Ken Bones deserved better.
>>
>>63371991
it's not an escape route, it was built to bring the Doctor to Gallifrey if he complied and "confessed" only the Doctor found a way to cheat

>>63372005
Moffat wrote one of the best episodes in the show's entire history last week. This week's episode was a massive fucking disappointment. It's been a bit of a rollercoaster
>>
Does anyone else only still watch this show because it's 1. on and 2. not a cop show?

Like it's just shit most of the time, past the point where it even feels worth it to go into how, particularly, it's shit.
>>
>>63371991
the only way he could use the escape route was to tell them what they wanted to know. so they'd have his secrets AND the man. The only way he could keep his secrets was to stay trapped for billions of years, but only an insane person would do that.........
>>
>>63371729
No. Clara a shit. I hope now that Jenna will be taking on """""""""""real""""""""""" roles that she'll do nude scenes.
>>
>>63371991
It wasn't an escape route, it was just the normal exit but he shouldn't have been able to get through it without answering truthfully one last time.
>>
>>63372029
This
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (168 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
168 KB, 1920x1080
> side with gallifrey in a plan to abduct the doctor
> have one woman murdered in order to lure the doctor to your place
> condemn a man to die to make sure the doctor enters your trap
> a woman ends up dead
> the doctor gets tortured for 4.5 billion years
ashildrs a bit of a cunt isn't she?
>>
>>63372037
GO TO HELL YOU PATHETC WORM REOIGUJNERILGJRSJK;GNTDLJKHFGFMUFJTYDHRTDDSGERTTYJTDRTSRAEWthugiufdsertguyjjhryterdh
>>
I remember when /who/ were claiming that Capaldi would save Doctor Who from Moffat. I wish you faggots were right.
>>
>>63372005
Some pretty GOAT episodes have happened. But Moffat is a fucking moron with half decent ideas that are never properly thought out and connected, the show really needs someone aside from the show runner who is in charge of long term story points, while the show runner crafts each series arc in order to hit those story points.
>>
>>63372037
this just made me think

there's a decent chance she will start doing more nude scenes

she won't be in Doctor Who which is a show kids watch so she doesn't have any sort of "moral obligation" to not whip her pancakes out

she's already done topless stuff
>>
>>63372029
>it's not an escape route, it was built to bring the Doctor to Gallifrey if he complied and "confessed"
For what purpose, when they had a teleport in the other room?
>>
>>63372071
i dont care clara is awesome i fsedhghs love clara you faggot i gsdgifogslhteshtrshrtjydshgfhrthrthrthdrhg
>>
>>63372075
the teleporter only brought him there
>>
>>63372059
Capaldi is the best damn actor on the show. I think he sees how shit Moffat's writing is and does as best he can with what he's given. He just can't protest that much out of fear Moffat will erase him and replace him with a transgender black muslim in a wheelchair to be progressive.
>>
that episode was so bad
he wasn't that there for a billion years
he kept killing himself so his clone would finish it, really the last iteration of his clone was there for about as long to find the room with the stronger than diamond wall
>>
>>63372048
Ashildr didn't know it was the Time Lords, she didn't know their plan, and was going to remove the death sentence but then Clara fucked it up. Ashildr literally did nothing wrong.

She was protecting her corner of the street, which obviously went up in smoke somewhere between 2015 and the End of the Universe, but at the time it seemed reasonable. She got fucked by the TL's too, is what I'm saying.
>>
So I guess there's going to be a fuck load of extended universe stuff about Clara and Me adventures?
>>
>>63371982

The word 'agenda' really triggers people in this general for some reason. I mean, a white dude literally turned into a black woman before your eyes, and you think it was just a flick of the wrist decision on Moffat's part that he put no deliberation into.

Incidentally I've got no issue with there being black Time Lords, if anything the idea of it doesn't actually unrealistic, I DO think trans-black Time Lords are fucking stupid, however. Sorry if that bothers you.
>>
>>63372071
>she's already done topless stuff

PICS OR IT DID NOT OCCUR
>>
>>63372043
>>63372032
>>63372029
No, you nigger apologists. Nowhere is that stated. The stronk blackwoman Time Lord says that the dial would have simply released the Doctor, had he told the truth. Why the fuck would they want to release him onto Gallifrey, when they ran to the end of the universe to get away from him?
>>
>>63372108

actually seem* unrealistic, that is
>>
>>63372113
m8...
>>
File: bingobangoconcluded.png (734 KB, 1000x1290) Image search: [Google]
bingobangoconcluded.png
734 KB, 1000x1290
lads, we were so close to a bingo

maybe next year?
>>
>>63372113
Do you seriously not know about the pancakes?
>>
>>63372122
dude you're making us people who are mad that Ken Bones got killed off look like idiots
>>
File: 235d2d.jpg (279 KB, 891x695) Image search: [Google]
235d2d.jpg
279 KB, 891x695
Not happy with Clara buzzing around in her TARDIS for the foreseeable future, at all. Father's Day and The Wedding of River Song showed different ways of time biting back if you try to alter fixed events, and we needed something like that here, forcing Clara back to her inevitable death. The more this doesn't happen, the more we start asking why the Doctor can't pop back to fix other deaths, or take people out of established historical genocides. If there's no fallout from such behaviour, especially when the Time Lords are back to enforce such rules, then more problems are created than solved.

On the plus side, at least the Doctor's memory of Clara is now broken, so the ludicrous extent of what she has been in the Doctor's life can be dimmed from this point.
>She's spread across his entire timeline!
>She gave him a character-forming speech as a child!
>She told the First Doctor which Tardis he should take!
>She told him how to end the time war without hurting anyone! Thus solving the central conflict of his character in the revival series!
>>
All signs point to a male Doctor w/ 2 male companion trinity with lots of banter that isn't catty, right?
>>
>>63372106

About as much extended universe stuff as Jenny got from the 10th Doctor days.

So none.
>>
>>63372092
And it couldn't be used to bring a couple of Chancellery Guards to give the Doctor another bracelet and teleport him out, which would have been a lot simpler than having a passage protected by a diamond wall that led to the desert outside the city?
>>
File: wut.jpg (7 KB, 196x225) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
7 KB, 196x225
>>63372108
I don't think it was a flick of the wrist, I think the entire show was white people, and in a modern educated society, a writer can say, "even though it was commonplace in the 1960s and beyond, casting nothing but white males is racist as shit. Maybe I'll make a show that's not fucking racist."

This isn't an "Agenda." This is called "Reality."

>I think trans-black Time Lords are fucking stupid

Here's where things get dicey: My good sir, aren't ALL Time Lords technically trans?

Sorry if that bothers you.
>>
>>63371857
>be a literal /sjw/
>wonder what crack The Moff was smoking this entire fucking episode
>>
>>63372065
>>63372029
>>63372020
So I guess Moffat is still the same
>>
>>63372006
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:0dff3a0a9be25d7d6b935f3134e500e21ab48b13&dn=01-DW__the_hefty_collection_01&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337
>>
when did this change gender from regeneration meme start again
>>
>>63372048
>Rigsy was the bait
>Clara killed herself
>She can't fight the Time Lords. She had to do whatever they tell her.
>The Doctor had been looking for Gallifrey and the confession dial was the way there.
>Clara is Ashildr's companion

How come the Mire don't live til the end of the universe with their medical kits?
>>
What happens next now? What will happen if Missy asks "How's Clara?" ?

I'm pretty sure he'll remember at Christmas or something. You can't just forget Clara.
>>
>>63372122
they didn't go there to hide from him, they were put there and hidden. once they had his secrets they would've locked him up, but after a few billion years, Rassillon was the one who ended up looking stupid.
>>
>>63372176

>it's racist if fictional aliens aren't hitting a minority quota
>>
>>63372146

>casting a black woman on a show is "idiotic."
you might be too retarded for the internet. please turn off your computer and walk outside into traffic, bigot boy.
>>
All right cunts. Season 9 is over. What are your new top 5 nu-who episodes. GO
>>
>>63372102
Pff, she set up a plan that involved lethal danger and someone died.

It's easy to say "she couldn't have predicted x or y" - then don't do that kind of shit to begin with. It's just irresponsible. Might as well be juggling revolvers and if one goes on by accident it's "not my fault"
>>
>>63371214
>Yeah, pretty much all of this. Rassilon's been shown to be as much of a threat as the fucking Master/Missy but in this episode he got essentially swatted away just a couple minutes into the episode. It was just an instant villain downgrade for me. I'm very disappointed at the handling of Rassilon.
>>
>>63372176
Almost nobody has problems with black timelords or gender switch regenerations or race change regenerations, but what they pulled in the episode was stupid

You don't kill off a brilliant actor/actress, immediately insult their gender, and replace them with an actor/actress who does not reach the same high note. Also the fact that the woman was in full makeup and everything bothers people.
>>
>>63371255

WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE

If the doctor and the master stole the president's daughter and not his wife, does that mean that THAT was the lie missy said in The Magician's Apprentice - meaning that missy mentioning the doctor as a little girl was the TRUTH?
>>
>>63372191
>How come the Mire don't live til the end of the universe with their medical kits?
you are right
another plot hole, but more importantly, captain jack would've had enough cunning to survive. Certainly more than maisie
>>
Now that the series is over I can safely say...

Series 5 remains at the top of all series.
>>
>>63372157
Clara didn't escape death. She still has to get killed by the raven. She just bought herself loads of time where she can run around the universe, never aging. She just has to eventually go back to Galifrey to get crammed back into her final moment.

It's a bit like how 11 escaped being killed by River. It was a fixed point, but it wasn't what it appeared.
>>
>>63372192
>You can't just forget Clara.
Why not? I'm not totally caught up but the Doctor and Clara seem to have forgotten the countless fucked up shit Missy has done to their lives personally. The Series 8 finale meant nothing.
>>
why did jenna have to be a bitch and leave?
>>
>>63372193
>were put there and hidden

You complete fucking idiot. I bet you think that women are equal. I bet you are a woman. Only a woman could be this dense.

The General literally says that they relocated Gallifrey to the end of the universe for their own protection. Do try to keep up.

Nowhere is it stated that they would lock the Doctor up. That's groundless speculation. Given that half of the Time Lords think he's a war hero, I doubt very much that they would jail him.

You fucking nigger woman.
>>
>>63372191
how come we've never heard of the Mire before anyway?
>>
>>63372236
God damn you're right.
>>
>>63372191
>How come the Mire don't live til the end of the universe with their medical kits?
I think because their medical kits are only designed to heal soldiers when injured, but the doctor modified Ashildr's.

Still fucking stupid that a human using an alien viking's medical technology modified in 2 seconds by a pair of magic 3d glasses outlives all the other immortal races in the show.
>>
>>63372258
this is b8

idiots of /who/, please don't respond
>>
>>63372190
The Corsair is the first I heard mention of it. When 11 mentions that the Corsair became a woman a few times.
>>
>>63372244
She's been part of his life for the last 1200 years (the 4.5 billion years in the Confession Dial aren't canon). She saved him at least once in each of his previous incarnation. She was the one who helped him save Gallifrey and get a new regeneration cycle. She told him that story in Listen when he was a little boy. She's been part of his entire life. He'll remember.
>>
What the hell happened to Sam Swift?
>>
>>63372175
They didn't just want to bring him to them they wanted to know what he knew about the hybrid.
>>
>>63372130

There were good chemistry moments between the doctor and clara - most recently the scene between the two of them before the memory wipe and clara accepting her death in Face the Raven

The last three episodes having reasonable use of bombastic music is more than enough to tick off that square

It's a fucking bingo, platinum age confirmed

Where to from here?
>>
File: thecapaldick.jpg (96 KB, 500x670) Image search: [Google]
thecapaldick.jpg
96 KB, 500x670
So let me get this straight. The Doctor was trying to erase Clara's memory in order to save her like he did with Donna right? If that's the case why did he so readily give that opportunity up on a 50/50 chance for a companion he wanted to save so much he punched a diamond wall for 4.5 billion years? Wouldn't he forcibly remove Clara's memory in order to save her because he knows she's being moronic and the entire point of the episode was saving Clara? Didn't the Doctor ultimately fail on what he set out to do? It just seems like he wouldn't have given up that easily.
>>
>>63372195
You're changing the argument.

It IS racist if a 2015 television show has only white people.

>>
>>63372176

>aren't ALL Time Lords technically trans?

As I understand it transexuality is reassigning one gender to the next. Until pretty recently we never actually "saw" it in the mainstream of Doctor Who aside from a few little jokes here and there and I think most people, the older showrunners included, believed that Time Lords couldn't change sex (or race, for that matter).

So yeah Time Lords are changing, but to me it's more along the lines of getting plastic surgery than transitioning. NOW Time Lords are transitioning.
>>
>>63372161
Hate to break it to you anon
>>
>>63372234
We saw him die for realsies on screen.
>>
>>63372213

Heaven Sent
Listen
Waters of Mars
Good man goes to war?
Girl in the Fireplace
>>
>>63372314

It's not racist when Tyler Perry puts only black people in his movies.
>>
What the fuck was that episode?

Where the fuck is Gallifrey

How the fuck is out of the time painting

Why the fuck do we suddenly care about a hybrid?

Moffat confirmed a shit
>>
When Moffat leaves, Clara and Ashildr will return a ma Journey's End and the Doctor will remember. It's 100% sure.

Also I don't see how erasing Clara from the Doctor's memory will protect her from the Time Lords. They didn't have to erase their memories, neither of them.
>>
>>63372225
>brilliant actor/actress
They killed Derek Jacobi at the end of a single episode. Your argument is invalid.
>>
>>63372176
Why couldn't they just have had a black female time lord from the start? I wonder what you'd say if they turned a strong black woman into a dude and the first thing he said was how stupid it was being a woman?
>>
>>63372290

Stop asking completely logical questions.
>>
>>63372339

>cherrypicking one part of a sentence
>>
>>63372234
>>63372234
>>63372234
Because they're the Mire. Ashilrdr lived cuz it was Mire tech on a human.
>>
>>63372188
Thanks anon
>>
>>63372297
Nobody's putting that into question.
The point was why they put the passage there in the first place.
If they didn't want to bring him to Gallifrey after he confessed, the whole thing is even more dumb.
>>
>>63372309

The doctor's goal was to break up the hybrid, which I think was meant to be the metaphorical pairing of the doctor and clara

Because he's a selfish twat he had only considered wiping clala's memory
After clara objected, he realised that wiping his memory would achieve the same thing - hence the roulette
>>
>>63372343
What I want to know is where this guy: http://meshyfish.com/~roo/
Got 'Sex Change Regenerations are illegal' from.
>>
So Clara is currently alive and travelling with Me, the universe isn't ripping apart, likely because she is still going to die at some point in the future, but for all intents and purposes she is alive just without a heart beat, why exactly couldn't she just keep travelling with the doctor?

Also he definitely knows who she is now after the restaurant and mural on the tardis.
>>
>>63372343

That isn't the same though friend, you're getting dicey with me again. A black woman turning into a white man isn't "reality", but in the show the other way around IS.

>>
>>63372314
>only white people

you must have missed the part where several members of the Timelord council were black, I think one of the Sisters of Karn was black too, and most noticeably, the black soldier that had lots of dialogue in the episode, to the point that he rivaled Ashildr and Ohila
>>
>>63372372

The hybrid was the doctor and clara
>>
>>63372328
No, but it IS racist when Tyler Perry puts Tyler Perry in his movies.
>>
>>63372309
No. The reason he wiped Donna's memory was because she had a bunch of time lordy shit in her brain that she couldn't handle so she was going to burn out and die.

I'm not sure why The Doctor wanted to erase Clara's memory. Was it so Galifrey couldn't find her or to resolve some paradox or something?

I think the point was that he had to sever his connection with her anyways. So it didn't matter which of them lost the memories as long as one of them did.
>>
File: capaldur.jpg (33 KB, 533x320) Image search: [Google]
capaldur.jpg
33 KB, 533x320
>>63372366
Ah I see. Thanks anon that makes sense. But wait, if he wiped her memory and left her some place on Earth, isn't time or reality or something still slowly being ripped apart since she avoided her death?
>>
>> A “Sex Change Regeneration” is forbidden and is considered to be a worse crime then stealing a TARDIS and interfering in other time zones. The standard punishment is for the Time Lord to be locked inside their TARDIS forever. Once imprisoned, the criminal's only escape is to activate the de-materialization switch which will remove them from History, turning them into a neverperson.
Which audio is this from?
>>
Man, can the fucking valeyard show up yet? I mean, it's time, isn't it? He comes in between like the 12th and final regenerations right?

Then again, i wouldn't be surprised if the Valeyard arc is something that only happens in the audio or comics.
>>
>>63372328

That's "reality", though. That isn't an agenda.
>>
>>63372243

>oh wow she gets to die like the rest of us peasants after dicking about across all of time and space for a billion years, how tragic.
>>
>>63372213
Heaven Sent
Girl in the Fireplace
Flatline
Listen
Vincent and the Doctor
>>
>>63372227
"one of those was a lie"
strictly speaking, that doesn't mean that ONLY one of those was a lie
>>
I know I'm late but did anyone realize that the diner was the same one from The Impossible Astronaut?
>>
>hybrid
but the 10th's doctor clone was the hybrid
Time Lord/human hybrid, so yea
>>
>>63372400

She does eventually go to gallifrey and faces the raven

as long as she still does that, there's no broken time
>>
>>63372352
It was the only important part of the argument.

What is the rest? That she insulted the other gender? That the other actor was brilliant?

1) Who gives a fuck
2) The other actor was a side character of no importance. I don't care how many times you've played Shakespeare on the West End, it's a nothing role.
>>
>>63372404
everyone is a black person?

that's like saying everyone is a white person

>>63372421
they mentioned that in the episode, even mentioned amy and rory
>>
someone please talk to me. i miss clara idk what to do
>>
>>63372422
>implying that wasn't a reference to 'half human on his mother's side' or Ashildr/'me' is the hybrid
>>
Ausfag here just finished the episode
I quite enjoyed it, what was /who/'s thoughts on it
>>
File: 1449398953.png (132 KB, 599x310) Image search: [Google]
1449398953.png
132 KB, 599x310
Does anybody else think that the new screwdriver looks even more phallic than the last one?
>>
>>63372208
that's not what I said, but you can sling insults if you want
>>
>>63372424
But if all her memory of the Doctor is wiped and he just leaves her in some random location, she wouldn't remember or know that she has to Face the Raven™ see what I mean?
>>
>>63372444
This ausfag thinks
>>63371796
>>
File: The_Leftovers_65223.jpg (41 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
The_Leftovers_65223.jpg
41 KB, 600x300
>>63371925
The Leftovers is GOAT faget.
>>
>>63372343
Except they wouldn't do that, because you're talking about two different groups: (1) the oppressed minority, who have had no voice, and (2) the ruling majority, who have not been diverse at all.

How the fuck did we get Fox News enthusiasts in this thread, the Doctor is a pacifist liberal hippie with socialist technology.
>>
>>63372376
Why the fuck can't a black time lady turn into a white man on the show? You're not making any fucking sense.
>>
>>63372447

I miss 9's screwdriver, they're literally toys now.
>>
>>63372405
I understand your objection. I don't like what they did either. Would have preferred if she just died and this episode was about The Doctor coming to terms with that.

My point was only that they weren't breaking the time travel rules. They weren't altering a fixed point or whatever.
>>
>>63372447
He found one of Jacks old toys used it for parts.
>>
>>63372376
>"dicey"
is this some new hot meme
>>
>>63372213
Dalek
Midnight
Vincent and the Doctor
Blink
Eleventh Hour/Time of the Doctor/Heaven Sent
>>
>>63372315
>As I understand it transexuality is reassigning one gender to the next.
In terms of actual real life humans:
Transgender - Person's gender does not match their sex.
Transsexual - Person's physical sex does not match their genetic sex.
You're partly right, in that transsexuals have qualities of transgender people, sort of like the whole "a square is a rectangle" thing.

In terms of Time Lords, they aren't really trans (by default) as we use the term, as their entire body and personality changes when they regenerate. Everything matches up since everything changes, there's no reference point to their previous regeneration.
>>
>>63372213
Blink
Heaven Sent
Listen
Mummy on the Orient Express
Vincent and the Doctor
>>
File: 1394917354223.png (514 KB, 520x678) Image search: [Google]
1394917354223.png
514 KB, 520x678
>>63372478
>>
>>63372439
above is me please i need someone to talk to
>>
>>63372466

well shit
I see your point

The argument could be made that inevitably gallifrey does find her since we DO see her die in Face the Raven, but you bring up a fair argument
>>
>>63372403
>wanting Moffat to handle the Valeyard
He'll just ruin it. I don't want anyone touching the valeyard in the actual show until there's an actual decent head writer who has proven himself.
>>
File: capaldihavingatopkek.gif (1 MB, 245x150) Image search: [Google]
capaldihavingatopkek.gif
1 MB, 245x150
>>63372376
h y p o c r i t e
>>
>>63372404
Tyler Perry being an idiot is reality. Tyler Perry pandering to get rich is an agenda, but that has nothing to do with anything in this thread so please shut up, adults are talking.
>>
>>63372447
It's a metaphor for Capaldi getting fucked by the current team of writers.
>>
>>63372447

The light up part is literally a dildo with an extra ring in the middle of the shaft
Not even matt's was this phallac
>>
>>63372478
Would Jack fuck Capaldi Doctor?

of course he would, He would fuck anything
>>
Can someone post the webm of the TARDIS giving Capaldi his new screwdriver?
>>
>>63372412
>not including Blink

Newfag detected
>>
File: 1448837748624.jpg (69 KB, 1228x845) Image search: [Google]
1448837748624.jpg
69 KB, 1228x845
>>63372500
Yeah, it just seemed like the Doctor's plan was flawed all along. Although a lot of the problems with this episode could just be summarized down to Moffat's a shoddy writer.
>>
File: sonic mattglasses.png (257 KB, 520x530) Image search: [Google]
sonic mattglasses.png
257 KB, 520x530
Where's sleepover anon?

How did it go?
>>
>>63372531
please talk to me
>>
>>63372309
The whole point is that the Doctor's plan is irrational. By "saving" Clara, he'd very likely rupture the universe. But the episode is called "Hell Bent" for a reason. He's lost it. He's gone too far. He knows that it probably won't work, but he doesn't care – he needs to do it, because the ACT of trying to save Clara, whether it works or not, is all he has left.

The neural block coin toss is sort of ambiguous. You can see it two ways:

1) The Doctor thinks Clara is bluffing about reversing the polarity, or that she wouldn't have the technical know-how. He plays along because he fully expects it to work on her.

2) The most likely explanation is that both of them had no idea whether reversing the polarity worked or not. The Doctor doesn't know if Clara would have been successful, and neither does she. The fate of the universe is decided on a coin toss because it's the only compromise the Doctor will make. He explicitly states that he's gone too far, but he's unwilling to just throw in the towel. He's hell bent on saving Clara, and the only way he will meet her half-way is to go for random chance.

When you contemplate it for a while, it's really quite sad. Four billion years in the confession dial essentially broke him.
>>
>>63372113
http://haveageekasm.com/geekery/adult/jennacolemannipples/
>>
Off topic, I know but how do people feel about Eleven's era? I like most of his first season but find everything else pretty hard to watch.
>>
>>63372469
>using The Rapture as your plot device.

No. Go away.
>>
File: sonic.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sonic.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>63372522

I got you covered friendo
have a laugh on me
>>
File: 1437084238542.png (304 KB, 990x407) Image search: [Google]
1437084238542.png
304 KB, 990x407
I almost forgot that the BBC was obsessed with ethnic minorities, every Time Lord seems to be from Tower Hamlets now.
>>
File: 1449399502.png (173 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1449399502.png
173 KB, 600x450
Holy shit, the new general was even in capitals in the credits.
>>
>>63372547

Series 5 was good. Series 6 started strong and then fell the fuck apart in the home stretch. Series 7 was an inconsistent mess.
>>
>>63372547
I hate nearly all of it. I hate Eleven and I hate his companions. The episodes I can stand to watch are:

The Pandorica Opens
The Big Bang
The Impossible Astronaut
The Day of the Moon
A Good Man Goes to War
Let's Kill Hitler
The Name of the Doctor
The Day of the Doctor
The Time of the Doctor.
>>
>>63372470
>socialist technology
opinion discarded

you're the same person earlier in the thread complaining about "niggers and women" only you've switched your game to play the other side

everyone ignore this bait
>>
>>63372588
please talk to me
>>
File: The_Leftovers_65224.png (481 KB, 718x396) Image search: [Google]
The_Leftovers_65224.png
481 KB, 718x396
>>63372550
You don't tell me what to do.
>>
>>63372568

>sonic is clearly lifted up by pulling a string, is pushed at a weird angle and quickly starts rotating counterclockwise
>green screen shot of the sonic slowly rotating clockwise directly aligned with the camera because digital rotation
>edited into capaldi's clasped hand with little attempt at matching the lighting

I can't help but crack up at this no matter how many times I see it
>>
.4.8 in initial overnights

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-series-9-2015-uk-ratings-accumulator-76154.htm
>>
>>63372599
please talk to me
>>
>>63372470
>oppressed minority
Fuck off, its 2015 this is an English series not an American one.
>Ruling majority
Doesn't the fact that white people are the majority where its made mean there should just naturally be many more white actors on the show
>Fox news
Double fuck you
>Herpa derpa
>Doesn't think characters races should be changed just for diversitys sake
>Must be some ultra right winger
It's shits like you that make lefites seem ectreme.
>>
>>63372213
Empty child/doctor dances
Blink
Silence in the library/forest of the dead
Vincent and the Doctor
The Angels Take Manhattan

While I like lots of Capaldi's episodes, I can't point to one really top tier one. Listen didn't make much of an impression on me. Heaven Sent was quite a episode, I'll have to watch it again to work out where it stands.
>>
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/12/06/it-is-sunday-morning-and-i-am-writing-adric-fan-fic-doctor-who-clara-hell-bent-bbc-earthshock/

This is fucking embarrassing.
Bleeding Cool wrote a fanfic where Clara and Me, save Adric.
>>
File: hitler.png (357 KB, 432x454) Image search: [Google]
hitler.png
357 KB, 432x454
>>63372626
>The Angels Take Manhattan
>>
>>63372618
I didn't even notice it was so bad

>>63372620
Hi
>>
>>63372213
Blink
Waters of Mars
Father's Day
Human Nature/Family of Blood
Vincent and the Doctor
>>
>>63372540
>Four billion years in the confession dial essentially broke him.
Except he only has the memories of one loop. He's just hella mad of the IDEA of being in there for billions of years.
>>
>>63372599
>calls out Fox News for being fucktarded
>is accused of being racist

Probably you can't see how these things are diametrically opposed, but I assure you: They are.
>>
>>63372536
I'm here. I liked the party, I'm shy as hell to be honest so I didn't engage a lot with other people. Didn't dance, I don't know how to dance and in front of unknown people that would have been embarrassing. So yeah I probably was the party pooper, I'll probably never be invited ever again. Oh well, I'll blame it on the flu, I'm even sicker than yesterday. I left around midnight and watched Hell Bent. I liked it though the first 10 minutes were drawn out and the Doctor forgetting Clara was a bit idiot but okay.
>>
>>63372642
>Not one where Clara and Me have hot steamy sex
Why fucking bother?
>>
>>63372687

it's okay anon, I'm autistic about not dancing too
>>
>>63372621
>I'm not a right winger
>lefties are assholes
Opinion discarded

>white people are the majority
>non-whites are therefore unimportant and shouldn't be on TV
Opinion discarded further

>I said something racist, how dare you accuse me of being on the right-wing of the political spectrum
Opinion tossed into dumpster and set on fire.
>>
>>63372626
Same boat with the whole Capaldi thing. Both seasons have been super consistent/strong, but none of the episodes have been top 5 for me
>>
>>63372586
What was it that made Eleven's era go to shit? Personally, I feel Amy and Rory stayed for far too long and their shit got old.
>>
>>63372738
Obvious bait at this point
>>
>>63372681
>trying to save a sinking ship

I grant you one final reply
>>
>>63372029
All the two parters have been a varied rollercoaster. But there's been no two-parters where both are good.
>>
>>63372771
Snappy comeback.
>>
>>63372130
second row from top is bingo, fuck off
>>
>>63372547
I love it. Loved series 5 and series 7. Series 6 was a bit of a misstep but it was only the finale and one or two shit episodes in the middle.
>>
>>63372764

Moffat completely fumbled the Silence arc and got on a River obsession leading to fuckall of interest happening in Series 7.
>>
>>63372780
Of Capaldi no, but the 10th Doctor two-parter where he disguises himself as a human in pre-WWI England was tops of the tops.
>>
>>63372764
Clara suffered the same thing. They should stick to one season for any companion/doctor combination.
>>
>>63372673
Yeah, of course.
>>
>>63372315
>(or race, for that matter)
who are K'Anpo and Cho Je
>>
>>63372804
Meant this series, since this series was a two-parter extravaganza
>>
OFFICIAL LIST OF GOOD TWO PARTERS

Are you my mummy
bad wolf/parting of the ways
impossible planet/satan pit
human nature

that's it desu
>>
File: 6448954.gif (362 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
6448954.gif
362 KB, 480x270
>>63372643
>implying Angels was a bad episode
>>
There are still some people on the show who aren't niggerfaggots. That's racist.
>>
https://youtu.be/J-L-ByHzto0

>maximum comfy
>maximum funny

GOAT CHRISTMAS SPECIAL INCOMING AND YOU KNOW IT
>>
>>63372717
I know right? I find it ridiculous unless you're a professional dancer.
>>
File: breakingtime.webm (2 MB, 1912x1072) Image search: [Google]
breakingtime.webm
2 MB, 1912x1072
>>63372842

Why could river go and see them but the doctor couldn't?
Why did the doctor not care about rory also dying?
>>
So where did Clara get the imagery for that specific diner from?
>>
>>63372816
I totally agree. Clara should have left in Last Christmas.
>>
>>63372881
>There's a medical emeeeeergencyyyy

That guy sounds retarded.
>>
>>63372919

The doctor's memories
>>
>>63372919
Who nose?

Maybe if she'd used the Doctor's TARDIS there would have been some way for her to know of the diner and replicate it.
>>
>>63372945

close, it's gay
>>
>>63372907
If the doctor couldn't travel to New York in that one time period, why couldn't they just take a planet/boat back to England, wait a year, and then have the doctor pick them back up.
>>
>>63372816
They just need to write companions as actual characters, and stop relying so much on the most-important-person-in-the-universe trope. This is what makes them so annoying after one series. There's only so many times you can tolerate the Doctor's wistful stare followed by "my impossible girl", or "the girl who waited", or "wose tylah", before it ceases to have any effect.
>>
>>63372005
Moffat is both GOAT and WOAT, he gives us heaven followed by hell.
>>
>>63372966

It's easily the most contrived companion departure
At least with clala it was a mutual decision they had to part ways
>>
>>63372967
>being too autistic to understand that they're not actually the most-important-person-in-the-universe, but that's the imagery used to describe how the doctor feels about them.
>>
The drop in quality from Heaven Sent to Hell Bent is like The Caves of Androzani to The Twin Dilemma.
>>
>>63372967
>my impossible girl

That phrase hasn't been used in two years
>>
>>63373006

Except we were all expecting it, nobody thought moff would be able to deliver something better than Heaven Sent directly after
>>
>>63372213
Listen
Heaven Sent
Human Nature/Family of Blood
Blink
Waters of Mars
>>
>>63372967
Clara my Clara
>>
>>63373017

Moff's very much like Ridley Scott in how he just can't score hit after hit, he has to score a hit and then be given a while before the next one.

Which is why as a showrunner he's awful. I'd call him "inconsistent", but really he is actually quite consistent, cause he usually does worse episodes than he does better ones.
>>
>>63372881
I'm looking forward to it, looks like a lot of fun.
>>
>>63372547
trash stories le may-may Doctor manic pixie dream boy XD XD XD
>>
>>63372626
>The Angels Take Manhattan
>over anything

fucking what
>>
>>63373045
Which is why he should let someone else be show runner and write the occasional amazing episode, he has written every episode in my top 5 ever and yet I hate him.
>>
Hell Bent was a Doctor Gang episode. It's all Moffat knows how to write, The Doctor Gang, The Base, and the Monster Maze.
>>
I wonder who the next companion is going to be with what happened to the Doctor. Is he going back to his Deep Breath self?
>>
So what was the worst episode of the season besides the sleep one?
>>
It was a bad finale, but mediocre episode.
Aside from the mixed feeling I've got for the episode, I have to admit that the cinematography was brilliant.
Seriously, Talalay is the best director we've had in years.
And the CGI..
Kind of dissapointed with Marrigold, where was This Is Gallifrey?
Yet again, Gallifrey took a back seat and the episode turned into a character drama, so..I don't know.
What did /who/ really think?
>>
>>63372996
I don't think that's the case. No companion prior to Rose, off the top of my head, had actual most-important-girl stuff happen to them (e.g. absorbing the time vortex, having a Last Centurion wait for them, entering the Doctor's time stream).
>>
>>63372547

I keep feeling like it should have been good what with episodes like the pirate ship episode with Hugh Bonneville, then I rewatch episodes like the one James Corden (and his subsequent reintroduction) and I become suicidal.

Matt Smith himself was not bad at all. But it felt like his Doctor became a parody of itself after his first season.
>>
>>63372996
Clara was supposed to be the most important person in the universe for her time with Eleven.
>>
So what was the mythology change?
>>
>>63373104

Who is there to replace him as showrunner though? Certainly not Gatiss
>>
>>63373104
this d e s u.

Moffat's the reason DW is still going and the reason any of it is any good. But also he is brutal about faking you out that he is going to do something good before subverting it.

The tension in Moffat's showrunning isn't "how will the character's survive this?" its "oh god is he actually going to write in something that shitty?"

Seriously, look at the hybrid/half-human stuff. The whole tension was based on us worrying that he was going to make the show worse.
>>
>At the end of the universe Timelords have learned to regenerate into black people with makeup

Ok.
>>
>>63373119
Hell Bent.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Is this canon ?
>>
>>63373119
The underwater base was boring as fuck.
>>
>>63373197
Whithouse is a comptent episode writer whose strength lies in making compelling side characters and plots that follow logically from the actions of those characters. That's exactly what you want in a showrunner and he has experience running other shows.
>>
>Hell Bent has the end of the universe at billions of years after the present day
>Utopia has it at trillions
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.