[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spotlight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
This will win Best Picture at the oscars because it's an "important" movie.
>>
>>63367905
I don't know, isn't sexually abusive catholic priests a bit old hat at this point?
>>
I don't think so. The movie is good but lacks something else to push it that far.
>>
>>63367940
You don't expect them to make a movie about rabbis molesting kids even though there are plenty of cases do you?
>>
>>63367940
This. The Academy is always behind on acknowledging social trends (Crash winning over Brokeback Mountain for reaffirming that racism is bad 50 years after civil rights passed, while gay rights were an increasingly hot issue) but pedo priests is old and out of style. It's so widely acknowledged that its a go-to joke whenever priests are talked about
>>
File: image.png (19 KB, 193x243) Image search: [Google]
image.png
19 KB, 193x243
>>63368019

Shut it down
>>
>>63367905
>"important"

Hollywood is filled with gay jewish pedophiles. There was already a documentary about them this year that they snubbed so I doubt they'd let this win
>>
>>63367905
>only white people on the poster
problematic senpai
>>
Important for the 90's i guess.
>>
>>63367905

What a waste of a decent cast
>>
It's the Danish Girl.

It has tranny issues, the "it" girl of the moment Vikander and Eddie Redmayne, who will be in the Harry Potter sequel. There's a lot riding to push these actors' names and the trans-issue on everyone.
>>
Or maybe because it's legitimately a great movie? I could definitely see it winning best picture though. I'd say it's between Spotlight and The Revenant.
>>
>>63368209
You're nuts if you think they're going tranny again this year. They are going full out Clinton shilling so look for Joy or Carol.
>>
>>63368209
The Danish girl has a 5.4 imdb score and 70% on rotten tomatoes, no way it will ever win.
>>
File: Anne Frankly You're Wrong.jpg (32 KB, 700x883) Image search: [Google]
Anne Frankly You're Wrong.jpg
32 KB, 700x883
>>63368019
Oy vey, thish ish not an issie ve need to deal vith, don't make me menzhun ze six gorillion again
>>
I've seen this get compared to All The President's Men, which I think is as great a procedural as any. Any truth to those comparisons?
>>
"Important" movies don't win best picture you fucking twat, Jesus Christ The Artist won for best picture and that was literally about silent movies which are about as relevant today as polio.
>>
Never knew there were 3 accents above the 'y' in Stanley Tucci's name.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.