[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats better: Raging Bull or Rocky (1)? >I say its Rocky
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
File: raging.jpg (49 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
raging.jpg
49 KB, 500x667
whats better: Raging Bull or Rocky (1)?

>I say its Rocky
>>
>>63366059
Rocky is a better flick, Raging Bull is a better film.
>>
>>63366088
I hate this meme, and I now hate you too
>>
File: Goodfellas.png (564 KB, 870x645) Image search: [Google]
Goodfellas.png
564 KB, 870x645
Goodfellas
>>
Rocky. Raging Bull is overrated as fuck. The boxing looked fake as hell (it did in Rocky as well, I know). The entire plot was just showing off how much of a crazy dickhead Rocky Marciano was. I cared nothing for his character.

I might have liked it more if it were filmed in color. Maybe I just wanted the boxing to look authentic since they were already going for the "authentic" old-time feel by filming it in black and white
>>
>>63366620
>The entire plot was just showing off how much of a crazy dickhead Rocky Marciano was. I cared nothing for his character
Agree with this
>I might have liked it more if it were filmed in color
Thats a pleb opinion
>>
>>63366177
but >>63366088
is right
>>
>>63366620
Raging Bull is about Jake Lamotta, not Rocky Marciano
>>
>>63366059
If you wanna watch boxing, then Rocky. Overall, Raging Bull, no contest.
>>
>>63366907
err that's what I meant to say, brain fart
>>
File: Billy_Batts.jpg (9 KB, 250x267) Image search: [Google]
Billy_Batts.jpg
9 KB, 250x267
>>
File: 1346-1.jpg (138 KB, 913x864) Image search: [Google]
1346-1.jpg
138 KB, 913x864
JAEGERMEISTER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJf-20q8Xxg
>>
File: Why1.jpg (33 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
Why1.jpg
33 KB, 288x499
>>63368099
>>
>>63368107
It's the best 'Raging Bull' related comedy bit I know of.
>>
>>63368154
Here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heIUNDzn2Uo
>>
>>63366620
>Rocky Marciano

Jake LaMotta you dim twat
>>
>>63366620
>I might have liked it more if it were filmed in color

Jesus Fucking Christ.

"
>>
File: prison mike.jpg (38 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
prison mike.jpg
38 KB, 512x512
>>63366620
Get a load of this pleb
>>
>>63366059
I prefer Raging Bull. Good movie, go out and see it.
>>
Rocky is one of the greatest movies ever made. Raging Bull, ehhhhhh. It's good.
>>
>>63368728
Why should it have been in black and white? Just because the boxing matches people watched of Jake Lamotta were all in black and white? The boxing matches in the movie looked nothing like the actual matches people watched on television, and it's not like the rest of Lamotta's life was not broadcast to the public on TV, so why does Scorsese show it as though it's being recorded by an old camera?
>>
>>63369052
youre a faggot, plane and simple
>>
Does Rocky V have any redeeming qualities?
>>
>>63369235
>plane
you're retarded and you can't think for yourself
>>
File: no plebs.jpg (111 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
no plebs.jpg
111 KB, 500x500
>>63366620
>>
>>63366869
>le patrician films are only black and white
I want this meme to die. Scorsese only filmed in black and white to create the sense of verisimilitude which in itself is an artistic fallacy and ultimately serves no real purpose
>>
>>63369507
>stain

It's stein
>>
>>63369346
God no. Would rather watch Stop or my mom will shoot
>>
>>63366620
>I'm a simpleton and I'm proud!
But hey at least you got so many (you)s.
>>
>>63366620
This is sad
>>
>>63369052
It's a stylistic choice, you goddamn puke. You're literally dismissing something because it's black and white, you piece of shit.
>>
>>63369515
There is no such thing as an "artistic fallacy", that was not the stylistic intention at all and you're doing some incredibly elaborate mental gymnastics to put makeup on the fact that black and white offends your probably inbred, all american sensibilities.
>>
>>63368864
what is this, like the 7th Rocky movie?
>>
File: That's Pretty Fucked Up, Mane.jpg (79 KB, 424x510) Image search: [Google]
That's Pretty Fucked Up, Mane.jpg
79 KB, 424x510
>>63366620
>Rocky Marciano
>>
>tfw the better film is in no way the more re-watchable one

At least Rocky is still great.
>>
>>63366620

>literally disliking a movie because its black and white and "overrated"

lmao please die, i'm embarrassed you're on this board, you're like the polar opposite of a redditor with your opinion, instead of it being some snarky overthought deconstruction of a film you actually discredit it for being black and white.

Holy shit scorsese has directed more films then you are probably even aware of, if he wants one in fucking black and white let him you piece of shit. Incase you weren't aware having a film in black and white can actually enhance it rather then take away from it.

Get a load of this guy, hasn't even deleted his post yet.
>>
I couldn't get all the way through Rocky, so I'd have to say Raging Bull, which I enjoyed a lot.
>>
This can't even be a real question

Raging Bull is the best American Film of all time.
>>
I tried to watch Raging Bull - hot off Goodfellas and Taxi Driver - and as a De Niro, Pesci, and Scorcese fan, I turned it off about 45 minutes in. Maybe I was too drunk, but I remember giving up at the pool scene.

The black and white gimmick is too much and Rocky is literally an American classic.
>>
>>63373030

>black and white gimmick

Here's another one lads, another redditor, gee you watched goodfellas and taxi driver, look at you matie, can't even sit through one of the most entertaining movies cause it's in black and white, seriously back to reddit, your tastes are garbage.
>>
>>63369235
>plane

Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.
>>
>>63373049
>one of the most entertaining movies

DID YOU FUCK MY WIFE

I already acknowledged that Scorsece is an amazing director capable of great things, but I recognize a gimmick when I see one. Raging Bull could have been another classic but it's just a hiccup in a top-tier director's career.
>>
>>63373210

I'm gonna hiccup in your wifes face m8 with that kind of opinion. IM NOT GONNA LET YOU CALL HIM GIMMICKY GET OUTTA TOWN
>>
For fuck sake rocky is fullfilling american dream movie. Its nothing compared to Raging Bull which has great characters and its about them not about box mostly.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.