[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>better cgi >better cameras >better sets >better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Avatarjakeneytiri.jpg (105 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
105 KB, 500x281
>better cgi
>better cameras
>better sets
>better everything
>writing never improves

Why are movies today shit? When will we invent something that improves writing?
>>
Technology will always improve because it isn't limited by mortal brains.
>>
In the past the goal was to create a great story to make up for the limited technology.

Now the goal is to create great technology to make up for poor story.
>>
>>63364708
Seriously? writing was mastered centuries ago. Our ability to write will probably never improve. That's not to say that great works will cease to be produced or that humanities best is behind us but those other things you mentioned are bound by technology and writing really isn't
>>
>consumers are dumb motherfuckers
>surprised when everything released is made for the lowest common denominator

why be surprised
>>
>>63364708

movies are not well done because between the initial audience and the rental audience most movies will make up their costs
>>
>>63364708
because retards now can pay for movies
>>
File: Abadar.jpg (17 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
Abadar.jpg
17 KB, 236x236
>>63364708
>movies today
tfw Avatar came out 6 years ago.

>>63365620
edgy
>>
>>63364708
Writing doesn't make the movie, the vision of the director does.
>>
>>63366155
Show me a movie with that much technology put into making it with as shitty a plot. You won't find many.
>>
>>63366201
Not many movies have that much technology.

I really believe that as far as the film screen play goes pretty much everything commercially viable has been done. That's why Pixar is so great, they're actually pushing boundaries with a new medium. James Cameron knows that CG is the future. He just didn't deliver.
>>
>>63364708
>its an abatap thread
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.