[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a more emotional final shot in cinema?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: RockyFinalShot.jpg (40 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
RockyFinalShot.jpg
40 KB, 640x360
Is there a more emotional final shot in cinema?
>>
>>63362627
did he have an egg allergy or something
>>
>>63362659
holy shit kek
>>
File: 1444556467450.jpg (115 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1444556467450.jpg
115 KB, 413x395
>>63362659
>>
I always loved Stallone's delivery of "I can't see, Mick. Ya gotta cut mah eye." Just the perfect casualness of it.
>>
The Searchers. I'm also convinced that's the reason why it's considered such a masterpiece, it's a great film but I always felt it was a little overrated (the shoehorned in Old Hollywood comedy relief kind of messes up things). But that final shot leaves people thinking about how great the movie was.
>>
>>63362627
No, Rocky really is a great movie.
>>
>>63362838
George Lucas had the same mentality with Star Wars but it was the beginning instead of the end.

He knew that if he blew away his audience with the opening shot (the Tantive IV being chased by the huge Star Destroyer), he had them hooked for the rest of the movie since he knew he couldn't make the rest of the special effects look as good as that.
>>
>>63362659
Alimony for you
>>
File: 15.jpg (53 KB, 400x586) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
53 KB, 400x586
>>63362838
Yeah, a final scene can easily make up for the rest of the movie.
Like pic related, the beginning isn't that good but that final standout is pure greatness.
>>
File: 4.jpg (23 KB, 610x260) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
23 KB, 610x260
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4
>>
>>63362627
Rocky is my favorite film so I have to give it the vote. Just saw Creed tonight, it was pretty okay. Rocky as always remains a great character, just didn't like how it was pretty much Rocky:Black edition

But
>>63363420
Is a real strong contender
>>
>>63362627
Just watched this movie for the first time a couple weeks ago. I avoided it up until now because I don't like sports movies, but it was surprisingly good and it wasn't really a sports movie in the traditional sense.
>>
Do I watch Rocky 5 or just read the synopsis on Wikipedia?
>>
>>63363574
Just watch the opening credits (which s the fight from Rocky IV but set behind Bill Conti's music instead of Vince DiCola's music, which makes it better) and the Street Fight at the end. The rest is trash.
>>
>>63363574
Rocky loses all of his money because paulie did some retarded financial stuff. They move back to Philly in their old home. Rocky can't box anymore because of brain damage from Ivan Drago. Rocky starts training a douchebag who abandons him for money. He becomes the champ, but people hate him because he was a douche to Rocky

Rocky gets in a street fight and wins.

It's a rough movie to get through. Rocky balboa should be the true Rocky 5. Creed is Rocky 5 done right
>>
>>63364067
>>63364080
I read this and the synopsis and I got angry. Guess it's good I avoided the movie. I'll watch Balboa later tonight then.
>>
As much as I love IV, Balboa and Creed (probably the best actual film in the series since the original), I would've liked it if they ended it with Rocky III. The movie is the full circle for Rocky, he becomes Apollo Creed with his wealth and his love of publicity and is humbled by an opponent that was hungry like he was. With the help of his old foe, he finds that fire back in his heart and that final shot of the painting is just so fucking perfect.
>>
>>63362627
You might like this discussion :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/flicks/comments/3vjsax/what_is_the_most_touching_ending_in_films_history/
>>
I know it's a line, not a shot, but Angier's speech at the end of The Prestige is like getting glassed in the heart and is probably one of the most genuinely affecting moments in Nolan's current filmography, and in an unusual sense, at that.

We're led to believe he's driven by fame and/or money throughout the movie, and then it's revealed he's already a famous, wealthy aristocrat and has been since the start, and then that fucking line... "You still don't know why we did all this, do you? You really don't know? It was the look on their faces..." or whatever... fuck, man.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.