[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of this movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1
File: ai-logo.gif (24 KB, 379x386) Image search: [Google]
ai-logo.gif
24 KB, 379x386
What does /tv/ think of this movie?
>>
shit
>>
Underrated
>>
More Jude Law and less annoying kid pls
>>
kike shit
>>
Not very insightful, despite wasting huge amounts of screentime and melodrama trying to prove otherwise.
>>
fucking aliens and DNA
>>
More Kubrick and less Spielberg
>>
>>63360742
I actually knew somebody who said this was their favorite movie. I have no idea why though.
>>
>>63360806

A.I. is mediocre, not shit imo.

>>63360860

FUCKING THIS. If Jude Law's character was the main protagonist, A.I. would have been so much better.
>>
>>63360890
>>63360875
>>63360864
>>63360860
>>63360834
>>63360806
>>63360898
>>63360901
>>63360902

its just pinocchio holy shit calm down
>>
>>63360890
Oh yes, Spielberg's obsession with ayy lmaos. He also ruined Indi 4 with this.
>>
Mediocre, actually extremely boring even though it has some pretty images. Went to sleep just after it finished.
>>
Visually it's pretty amazing though
>>
>>63360971

For a 2001 film, sure.
>>
>>63360742
The internet games Microsoft developed for it were a thousand times more interesting than the movie. The movie was visually nice but the story was sentimental crap treading water science fiction had gone over many, many times before.
>>
Was the film released in 2001 to honor Kubrick's greatest work, or is it a mere coincidence.
>>
Could have been Kubrick's crowning achievement.

Turned out one of Spielberg's most forgettable films.
>>
We are very, very lucky Kubrick focused on Eyes Wide Shut before dying instead of this.
>>
Why does everyone give this movie shit? I don't understand at all. It's sad as hell and a good retelling of Pinocchio.

Like I swear this whole confusing future robots for aliens thing is just based off of Cracked articles.
>>
Movie should have ended at the Blue Fairy.
>>
I thought the consensus had changed a little on this film. Then again, this is /tv/, where Ex Machina is deemed exceptional.
>>63361713
Right. If only Christopher Nolan had directed it.
>>
I liked it, freaked me out as a kid and freaked me out now. The aliens were stupid.
>>
>american women
>nurturing

suspension of disbelief destroyed. the mechanical gigolo who can change hair was more believable.
>>
>>63361905
>The aliens were stupid

they weren't aliens. humans went extinct and they were future forms of robots. it made the movie much better tbqh
>>
>>63361905
There were no aliens.
>>63361933
She wasn't nurturing. She was a shitty parent. That was the whole point.
>>
>>63361968
>>63361981
Still stupid.
>>
>>63362006
Yes, you are. This movie is too good for you.
>>
>>63360864
explain

I'm feeling like some intelligent discourse rn
>>
>>63362031
Read my previous post, I liked the movie it is good and is constantly referenced as a result. The ending is stupid, my only beef with the movie, felt like it did not belong.
>>
Super underrated film due to morons trying to look smart by saying 'typical spielberg schmaltz, kubrick would have finished it better'

Plus even if you don't like the film, it's worth seeing for Jude Law stealing the show with his performance, just like in Gattaca.
>>
>>63362082
You liked it. Great. You didn't get it though, and you're unwilling to reconsider your assessment. So fuck off. It's too good for you.
>>
Kubrick's best
>>
>>63362183
Why didn't I get it? Teach me senpai.
>>
Remember when this came out, I was really young and me and my older brother watched it on DVD or VHS cant remember. But we cried so hard throughout the whole movie.

Miss my brother
>>
>>63360742

Good for YTP, and the occasional stale meme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qSBhsvW_zg

Sad this was Kubbrick's last movie, and him dying halfway through is probably what caused it to become such a mess.
>>
>>63360890
they weren't aliens though......
>>
The first 30 or 40 minutes was god tier and classic Spielberg. From Jude Law onward it's a mess and forgettable
>>
The actual ending is so much more depressing than le bottom of the ocean blue fairy ending.
>>63362340
There are plenty of things I don't like about the film, but it deserves better than some vague dismissive non-criticisms.
>>
>>63360742
The junkyard androids that were all half built with parts showing really bothered me as a kid when I first saw it especially the woman with the back of her head exposed. Didn't fully grasp the movie either. The scissor scene made me uncomfortable too as well as when he fell in the pool. Rewatched it about a year ago and was pleasantly surprised. I always thought it was aliens at the end, but now I get they were the super advanced ai. Pretty cool flick. Robot hookers would be cool
>>
>>63360742

what the fuck is going on in here? are you guys literally retarded? one of the best movies of the last decade easily. thank god that this movie has undergone such a huge critical reassessment though it seems that you guys are still too dumb to see a masterpiece even when it's staring right at you

stay pleb boys
>>
>>63360742
Poor pacing. That's about it. A bit depressing.

>>63360890
Those were robots that evolved after the fall of humanity.
>>
http://youtu.be/MdIBHt787tE

:3
>>
My mom loves this movie and watches it every time it's on.

I always get so mad at the horrible brother, the khuck dad, and the bitchy milfy mom.
The robots at the flesh fair were cool looking though
>>
The aliens at the end ruined it. Anyone that says they were robots are retarded trolls.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.