[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Go north. Find the Dunedain. There’s a young ranger amongst
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: Thrawndool.jpg (114 KB, 990x791) Image search: [Google]
Thrawndool.jpg
114 KB, 990x791
>Go north. Find the Dunedain. There’s a young ranger amongst them. You should meet him. His father Arathorn was a good friend. His son might grow to be a great one. He is known in the wild as Strider. His true name... you must discover for yourself. Legolas! Your mother loved you.
>>
I'm so happy I didn't watch that crap.
>>
>>63358699
i don't think he said legolas at the end of the second to last sentence
>>
>>63358699
the hairs on the back of my neck stood up when he said that! i knew it was leading into the main triolgy

perfect cinema moment
>>
File: 1420164910852.png (65 KB, 136x191) Image search: [Google]
1420164910852.png
65 KB, 136x191
>>63358699
>>
>>63358699
is this a retcon where hackson is implying that Aragorn has kept watch on Bilbo and Frodo ever since the end of the hobbit?
>>
>>63358858
>this is how redditor normies watch the hobbit
>>
>>63358854
he did
>>
>>63358947
are you saying you weren't emotionally thrilled by it? like when frodo appears right at the end?

wonderful cinema

what a legacy these fantastic films will leave behind them
>>
>>63358699
how else would we, the retarted audience, know that this movie follows the events that took place before the venerable Lord of the Rings movies?
>>
Jackson said in no uncertain terms that it was half assed, because he simply didn't have the time to do it properly. He came in late for the project, after Guillermo had had 1.5 years to prepare, so he was scrambling to make shit up as he went along.

I feel kinda sorry for him. I wonder what we'd had if he had had time to prepare like he normally would.
>>
>>63359235
>tfw alfrid is they key to all this
>>
>>63359269
Some parts were almost inexcusably bad, but when you have the equivalent of a week to write a 70-page paper, I think you can't help but jam some abject bullshit in there.
>>
>>63359439
>almost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fcJm1Slk2E
>>
>>63359234
transplant Tauriel into rivendell in the ultimate lord of the rings cut which includes all cut footage plus

Done. I'd buy it too.
>>
>>63359235
so he supposedly had to hurry and make this shit, but had the time to make up new characters and give them a background and shit, like the elf lady?
>>
>>63359527
He gave us LOTR. Unlike Lucas, who seems to have been helped along by handlers and basically went full retard himself, Jackson simply didn't have time to do anything. Studio was breathing down his neck constantly.

I think we should cut him a huge amount of slack, and blame the people who wanted to gang press the movies out. It should've been delayed overall so he'd had time to do it properly.

>>63359590
>implying it takes that long to invent a shitty character
>implying he probably wasn't forced to do that shit
>implying it wasn't so he could extend the movies so that he had time to at least cobble together a 3rd movie, which he had to because if it'd been 2 movies then the end would have been a completely and total shitshow, instead of just really fucking bad.
>>
I'm so happy I mentally vomited in the theaters. Imagine how conflicted 12 year olds must feel about it all.
>>
>>63359645
go to bed peter
>>
>>63358699

>Did I ever tell you about Arathorn? He was the father of a young ranger, Strider. He was a good friend.
>>
>His father Arathorn was a good friend. His son might grow to be a great one.

What did he mean by this? Literally what the fuck did he mean, his father was a good friend, so his son would grow to be a great friend?
>>
File: Lee-Pace-thranduil.jpg (78 KB, 1400x899) Image search: [Google]
Lee-Pace-thranduil.jpg
78 KB, 1400x899
>>63359927
>Go North, by which I mean West because there's fuck all North of here but more dragons and then more fuck all and then snow, find the Dunedain, who I know you're intimately familiar with because we both remember the entire history of mankind. There is a ranger among them, you should meet him, he's ten years old so he's still living in Rivendell. His father Arathorn was a big guy, for me, which you know already, his son may be a big guy, for you. He will be known in a little shitburg town you'll never visit as Strider, I'm not telling you his real name but it rhymes with Arathorn and he's the only ten year old human in Rivendell, probably. Legolas, your mother loved you, which of course you know because you spent thousands of years together and as we're empathic elves I don't think we're capable of not loving our children, but maybe in AD&D or Warhammer or something we'll look like assholes.
>>
>>63359988
a few sensible chuckles 8/10
>>
File: legolas mother.jpg (1 MB, 1200x2991) Image search: [Google]
legolas mother.jpg
1 MB, 1200x2991
>>
>>63359988

>literally just realised that's Joe from Halt and Catch Fire
>>
I still haven't watched this movie, it looks just awful, and the second one was terrible.

But I still refuse to believe this is an actual line in the movie, it just can't be.
>>
File: 1442585260352.png (900 KB, 690x968) Image search: [Google]
1442585260352.png
900 KB, 690x968
>>63359527
Fucking hell
>>
>>63359988
kek
>>
>>63359988
Haaah.

kek/10
>>
>tfw you had fond memories of reading the hobbit as a kid and then this shit happens

seeing this was the day the AAA movie died for me, i don't know how you can turn the word salad that is the lotr books into a watchable film series but when given the task of transcribing the hobbit, which is a simple story whose merits lie in its deep characters and universe, and turn it into some kind of avengers LOTR all stars super hero movie bullshit is mind numbing.
>>
We need more Hunky elves tbhh familie
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.