[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So when does this shit actually become good? Because I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: Breaking-Bad-Heisenberg.jpg (781 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Breaking-Bad-Heisenberg.jpg
781 KB, 1920x1080
So when does this shit actually become good? Because I'm on fifth episode of season 1 and it is so fucking boring. First episode was great. Dynamic, lots of stuff happening and now I had to watch 15 minute long family debate. I ditch family debates in my own family and I have to watch imagniary family go through it?
>>
The pilot is the peak of the show. Every episode that comes after is worse than the one that came before until eventually you get to the finale episode of the entire show which is one of the worst hours to ever air on television.
>>
>>63351585

I really doubt a single, great pilot could keep the series running for 5 seasons. There must be more to it.
>>
>>63351585
The finale is the peak of the show. Every episode that comes before is worse than the one that came after until eventually you get to the pilot episode of the entire show which is one of the worst hours to ever air on television.
>>
>>63351525
Are you me OP? I was in the same boat, but once I started skipping family shit the show became fun.
>>
>>63351525

i gave up because it became shit hits the fan ad infinitum
>>
>>63351525
by the end of season 1 it gets better. It took me time to get into it, too
>>
>>63351681
Reddit social media hype. The authentic television fan hated every episode of this show past the point of the second season, but the netflix and chill ground saw this praised show and they kept jumping on the bandwagon and made the show into a meme and this meme eventually got bigger and bigger, sucking more and more normies into the show. None of these viewers understand what makes television good or bad, they're content to watch game of thrones and TWD.
>>
>>63351724

I think I will start doing that as well, I wanted a show about brilliant chemist up the wall becoming drugs dealer, not about family struggles
>>
and someone on this board actually said that only anime fans pull the "it gets good at episode [ridiculous number]" card

top kek
>>
and someone on this board actually quoted a single poster like a retard
>>
>>63351825
Ok, you're me then. I wanted more of him doing crazy shit with chemistry knowledge (besides cooking meth), those were the highlights for me.

Have fun OP, I wish I had known that that early into this.
>>
>>63351985

Thanks, I hope I will.
>>
>>63351525
Season 1 is comfy-tier. Enjoy it for what it is; a light-hearted drama set in Albuquerque with all its unique scenery, cinematography, and interesting set-pieces. This season has the most rewatch value by far in my opinion because of how light-hearted the tone is.

Season 2 is where things pick up, and is overall the best season in my opinion. If you're looking for a specific part where things are set in motion and the show finally picks up pace, it would probably be the second episode of S2, "Grilled". So stick around until at least then. Overall, this season is more cohesive that the shit that succeeded it, and has more overlying themes than any other part of the show. And while things get darker for sure, it still maintains some of the campiness that was in S1.

Season 3 is also pretty great, and is an excellent continuation of S2. It hits real hard and progressively becomes darker and tense, but drags on at times. And in the end, after finishing binging the series, this season became too much of a blur alongside S4 to remember much of it.

Season 4 is alright, too. It has the best set-pieces and scenarios since Season 1, and starts off fantastic. Done might say this is where things become too over-the-top, and I'd agree, but everything here is still in the realm of possibility. Overall, the season is a nice character study and change of pace at times.

Season 5 got mixed reception but it's alright in the end and worth sitting through. It's not at all terrible, it's just bleak and directionless. The writers literally wrote themselves into a corner, and it shows towards the end with all the shoehorned shit that happens. The set-pieces were way too over-the-top specifically to appease the meme audience that caught on with the show after the Season 4 finale "Face Off", but at least they're cool to look at. And the series finale is also grounded compared to the rest of season, so that's something to look forward to.
>>
>>63352375
it's 1>4>2>5>3
>>
>>63351810
Fuck off you cock-sucking revisionist.
>>
>>63352375

Thank you for that, I will keep in mind your description of all seasons as I will be progressing
>>
>>63351810
>being THIS contrarian
>>
>>63352506
Like I said, if "Grilled" doesn't convince you even a little bit, then you probably won't like the rest of the show. Don't go in with high expectations though, just watch it.

And actually, if it doesn't convince you, might as well at least finish Season 2, because it's good in its own right and might make you want to keep watching.
>>
>>63351525
watch it at 1.5x speed like me. makes the boring parts more bearable but you still get the whole dialogue. i watch most shows this way.
>>
I continued with it until the end only because I had so much time invested. It wasn't actually ever that great, but it wasn't complete dribble either. There was nothing about it that was especially fantastic.

I actually found myself asking the same question as OP, wondering when it became the great show it was supposed to be.
>>
walt dies
hank dies

Nah I'm just joking.
>>
>>63351525
Why watch 4 seasons of a boring show helmet? OP = giga faggot
>>
>>63352743
This right fucking here. Finished this show in a week like this.
>>
>>63351525
The first season, maybe season and a half is absolute crap. Gotta eat your veggies though, the rest is good.
>>
Its about the full story not ep to ep. If you get bored easily or dont care about the ride to the end then it is not for you. I loved how no matter how "evil" he got in the end he was still a fucking dork that got lucky.
>>
When you kill yourself and get reborn as someone with more taste than contrarian cynicism.
>>
>>63351695
The peak is the show of the finale. Every episode that came before is after than the hours that comes worse until eventually you pilot to the get episode of the entire show which is one of the worst one to ever television on air.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.