[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Don't bring up Ang Lee or any other asian that is not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: swaglord.jpg (14 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
swaglord.jpg
14 KB, 214x317
>Don't bring up Ang Lee or any other asian that is not American
I'm not Asian myself, but it really puzzles me how America until today does not really have any iconic Asian American directors or actors for that matter? It's about time don't you think?
>imagine Kurosawa was American
>would have made great Asian American or even American stories
>>
Jackie Chan is an American Icon
>>
>>63348797
Back to eating the neighbors dog, Xu.
>>
>>63348846
>He..is..not..American.
that's an even worse answer than Ang Lee, congrats
>>
>>63348866
If that was a joke towards Asians, then direct it towards an Asian you scrub
>>
>>63348797
Why is that a problem? Its not like the asian market for films is dying out or something. America just wants to preserve their cinema as culturally "authentic" as possible within today's racial standards. There hasnt been a great black director either.
>>
>>63348797
>Asian American stories

What is that story? I know bunch and cannot tell them culturally apart from whites besides their food. I'm talking 2nd or 3rd gen.

Shit even most first gen assimilate quickly.
>>
>>63348934
but i could tell you 3 actual black AMERICAN directors off the top of my head
>>
>>63348866
Few Cantonese have the surname Xu/Hsu, so your stereotype is incorrect, 洋鬼.
>>
>>63348797

Why don't you ask the American chinks m8? Wtf are they even doing?
>>
>>63348942
Exactly, what i don't understand is they wouldn't even be considered foreign, i just can't understand how there hasn't been an American A-lister actor or director that happens to be Asian, i'm just fishing for theories
>>
that guy who made Insidious is pretty famous for horror. James Wan.

>>63348866
major asian cities don't eat dog. you only see that in provinces where they'll eat any sort of meat.

>implying Indians don't think you're monsters for eating cows
>>
What about Cary Fukunaga
>>
I would blame it on history or politics, but America is much smarter than that, and eventually overcomes things that should be irrelevant
>>
File: cary-Fukunaga.jpg (38 KB, 618x412) Image search: [Google]
cary-Fukunaga.jpg
38 KB, 618x412
>>63349061
If you never told me he was Asian I might not have realized.
>>
>>63349061
that is a good example, finally one with potential to rise
>>
>>63349114
but he is still Asian, along with Swedish
>>
>>63349054
Wan is B list my friend, Fast and Furious is joke tier shit and giggles action fun, of course still enjoyable
>>
I mean it's guys like Akira Kurosawa that influenced American greats (and ultimately American cinema) like Lucas and Spielberg etc.
You would think the American industry would have at least one or two tent pole Asian American directors or actors, just very strange
>>
>>63348963
There are 3 times as many Blacks in the US than there are Asians. And those Asians include East, South and Southwest Asians.
>>
>>63348797
Why is this important to you? Why not treat each artist as an individual rather than trying to associate their accomplishments with their race and ethnicity?

You seem pretty racist tbqhwy.
>>
>>63348797
What about James Nguyen, THE director of Birdemic: Shock and Terror?
>>
>>63348797
Asians are pretty much white people these days so who cares.

Sililcon Valley is like 40% gookinese yet the media still calls them out for not being diverse enough
>>
>>63348797
There was one way back in the day:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sessue_Hayakawa
>>
>>63348797
Dont make me Ang Lee.
You wouldnt like me when om Ang Lee.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.