[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, now that the dannish took over the Dark Tower adaptation,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: salvation-banner.jpg (785 KB, 2026x1045) Image search: [Google]
salvation-banner.jpg
785 KB, 2026x1045
So, now that the dannish took over the Dark Tower adaptation, what are the chances we get Based Mads as Roland?
>>
>>63348010
Please, I don't want this faggot.
>>
I could see it but I think someone like Timothy Olyphant is a better choice.
>>
As long as we get pic related as Oy
>>
File: 1449256023523.jpg (20 KB, 240x349) Image search: [Google]
1449256023523.jpg
20 KB, 240x349
>>63348010
Why does 4chan unironically like this series?

Aside from the main character who's pretty badass, your other main characters are:
>an annoying little kid
>a pathetic, cowardly junkie
>a handi-capable black woman with a split personality disorder that alternates between normal mode and raging porch monkey

And the white junkie falls in love with the handicapped crazy black lady, while nonsense goes on in the background. I couldn't even get past the 3rd book - SJW drivel or not, it's INCREDIBLY dry and you don't care about the characters at all.

This was Steven King's stab at writing fantasy, and he failed miserably.
>>
Who cares? The Dark Tower is an incredible waste of time. It could have really been something, but King got scared by his near death experience and just shit out the final books so there could be an ending before he really does die. You can tell the final books were rushed as shit. And don't even get me started on the ending, or what he did to Flagg. You don't build up a villain over the course of your ENTIRE FUCKING LIFE'S WORK just to use him to show how much cooler and more badass your new villain is. Fucking hack.
>>
File: wastelands_6_choo_choo.jpg (21 KB, 600x452) Image search: [Google]
wastelands_6_choo_choo.jpg
21 KB, 600x452
>>63348908
>he doesn't even know about Blaine
>>
>>63348289
Fuck this rat faced cunt.
>>
>>63349043
Blaine, Blaine, it rhymes with Pain.
>>
>>63348908
>I couldn't even get past the 3rd book
Same here. I give up after fight with giant bear-thing. First book and 2/3 of second are good tho.
>>
>>63348908
I'm currently on the last book and would have to agree that aside from Roland the characters are total shit and even then Roland is pretty dull.
>>
>>63348289

Ake! Oland!
>>
>>63349190
Paine?
>>
Who /dadachum dadachee dadachick/ here?
>>
Loved the first book, which King later declared was the worst of the series. Around the time I made it to the magical talking riddle loving locomotive I pretty much gave up.

also, why did King have a string of hits followed by a very mediocre later career? aren't professionals supposed to get better and better at their craft as they age?
>>
File: darktower.jpg (335 KB, 1600x956) Image search: [Google]
darktower.jpg
335 KB, 1600x956
>>63348010
Wasn't it supposed to be Russel Crowe?
>>
File: Clint_Eastwood_-_1960s.jpg (430 KB, 1500x1141) Image search: [Google]
Clint_Eastwood_-_1960s.jpg
430 KB, 1500x1141
>>63349993

It should've been long tall and ugly himself
>>
>>63349926
Since 2000 or so he's been shitting a book every couple of weeks. Those hasty deadlines wreck havoc.
>>
>>63348908

3rd book? More fortitude than me m8.
>I couldn't get past the first few chapters of book 1

I respect King's creativity and concepts but man his writing can be pure shit sometimes. It read like a pleb version of Blood Meridian with shittier descriptions and a sci-fi wank
>>
>>63348908
I read the entire series and gotta agree with you.

The last three books are trash.
>>
>>63350115
That would have been poetry
>>
>>63348010
only thing to worry about is dumb boomer white cis Male Stephen King's nigger pet Susanna. That shit is so dated it hurts
>>
>>63348289
>Wanting rat face anywhere
>>
>>63348010
>dannish
>>
>>63349000
trips of selective truth on the Flagg thing
>>
>>63348908
I don't exactly see Detta as an SJW character for some funny reason.
>>
>>63348028
Yes, faggot, you do. We all do, and no one cares.
no homo
It's the Dark Tower adaptation no one wants.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.