[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
And shepherds we shall be, For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: the-boondock-saints.jpg (37 KB, 446x299) Image search: [Google]
the-boondock-saints.jpg
37 KB, 446x299
And shepherds we shall be,
For Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And Teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
>>
>>63347521
Is this movie any good?

I've heard mixed reviews.
>>
>>63347646
It's universally loved by middle school boys. Everyone else knows it's shit.
>>
>>63347700
Can confirm I loved this movie in middle school.
>>
>>63347646

It's pretty fun, but suffers from taking its edge a little too seriously. If you just treat it like any other Tarantino-esque fun action movie, it can be decent. And their loser friend is a genuinely funny character.
>>
>>63347928
>>63347646
I'll give it a watch.

Apparently the writer (or director, I don't remember) got this approved on a lucky break, and completely fucked up the small modicum of fame he got because he was an asshole.

Is this true?
>>
>>63347646
The cutting felt weird to me, like I felt like the scene wasn't finished but it would cut to something else
>>
>>63347989

IIRC, it was Duffy's first script, and the studios were super hyped about it. They were basically promoting him as a new Tarantino and there was competition over the script. Duffy got a huge ego because of that and started acting like a gigantic asshole to everyone he was working with and making demands that no one wanted to meet. The big studios then started losing interest, and he had to go with a smaller studio in the end. His reputation ended up seriously hurting him, and Boondock Saints is all he's done.
>>
>>63347521
>And shepherds we shall be,
>For Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
>Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
>That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
>So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
>And Teeming with souls shall it ever be.
>In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.

What did he mean by this?
>>
It's good at what it tries to be. People seem to want to think that it was trying to be more than an above-average action movie. Give it a watch if you have 2 hours free.
>>
>>63348156
Damn, that sucks. Did he do anything else after that?
>>
>>63349217
Bondoock Saints 2
>>
>>63349217
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2Ujf9Qp66M
>>
>>63349278
>Garbage
FIFY
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.