[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will a director ever again have a run of blockbuster films like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 432x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 432x480
Will a director ever again have a run of blockbuster films like Spielberg did?
>>
fuck you guys then.
>>
>>63345422
>>63346007

James Cameron
>>
Michael bay
>>
>>63346046
I meant in quality.
>>
Miyazaki is basically the same thing for Japan. Except the guy's not a hack.
>>
Spielberg only has one film that is close to legitimately great, and its a deeply flawed film where the jew knows all, but no one listens to him, ever.
>>
>>63346340

Munich?
>>
>>63346036
Cameron only has 3 big blockbuster movie, Spielberg had a lot more
>>
>>63346443
>Cameron only has 3 big blockbuster movie

Nigga wut, T2, True Lies, Abyss, Titanic and Avatar
>>
File: 62087-004-758E925E[1].jpg (11 KB, 238x300) Image search: [Google]
62087-004-758E925E[1].jpg
11 KB, 238x300
>>63346443
>>63346463
it's already happened a couple of times
>>
>>63346463
I'd say Abyss wasnt that big, but yes I forgot True Lies
>>
>>63346273
>Spielberg
>hack

Being popular doesn't make him bad, Anon.
>>
>>63345422

what's top left?
also, why a string of hits followed by a very mediocre later career? aren't professionals supposed to get better and better at their craft as they age?
>>
>will there be a director a string of blockbusters
Probably, jj will...also you can give anyone a marvel cape shit it will do well (ex: James gunn)

>will they be good blockbusters
Probably not, studios don't make above average mainstream films anymore
>>
yes but maybe no
>>
>>63346671
>why a string of hits followed by a very mediocre later career
he lost his repressed rage thanks to being happily married, and co-founding Dreamworks meant that he had to make films constantly irrespective of how good they were conceptually.
>>
Sure. Hacks like Snyder, Abrams, Nolan and Bay have no problems shitting out very successful movies.

If you're asking whether they'll ever make movies like Spielberg has, in that they are/will be remembered as classics like Jurassic Park, Jaws, Indy movies, Private Ryan, then no. They don't have it in them.
>>
ET is such a shit movie.
I loved it as a kid though.
Watched it a few weeks ago and it dosent live up to my nostalgia.
>>
>>63347296
lol kill yourself edgelord
>>
>>63346570
Watch more films
>>
>>63347009
>implying James Gunn isn't a great director
It's like you've never seen Slither
>>
Spielberg hasn't had a hit since Schindler's List
>>
>>63348209
Slither is a shitty meme actor filled meme flick like every piece of shit Gunn has shit out into the world. I know you get caught up in your reddit sensibility comfy movie buff fanwank hugboxes where Gunn and Nathan Fillion are "Le based comfy fun". I know I am something you could never even comprehend, but if someone told me that they enjoyed the films of James Gunn that would be it. I'd lose all empathy for them, I'd tear out they throat with my bare hands. I'd rip the flesh from their bone. This is what it means to be /tv/. Now fuck off to reddit.
>>
>>63347991
>Jaws, Raiders, Close Encounters, Last Crusade, E.T, Minority Report aren't great movies

anon pls
>>
The thing that differentiates Spielberg is the variety of movies he makes. You've got kid movies, sci fi movies, action movies, war movies, drama movies and all of them are at least a solid 7/10.
>>
>>63348309
>all this projecting
>trying this hard to fit in
Please, I bet you'd never even heard of Gunn before GOTG. He's better than JJ.
>>
>>63348209
He's not a good director and GotG is the only film that was well made and that's because it's from the Marvel Meme Movie Factory.

(And it's not a great film? It's just well put together without any off the usual Gunn hiccups)
>>
>>63348382
They're great flicks, but not movies, and certainly not cinema
>>
>>63350325
Those are all movies, stop trying to pretend popular movies can't be good, hipster
>>
Nolan already started
>>
I don't think we'll see any as influential as Spielberg anytime soon, it's a shame that he's only working on oscar bait these days since War of the Worlds failed.

Bless you for making Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones and Duel.
>>
>>63351391
They ARE flicks so fuck off
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.